Wedding shopping

Kira Carter

OOC First Name
Pat
Sexual Orientation
Hetrosexual
Wand
Chestnut Wand 13" with a core of Essence of Unicorn Hair
Kira was finding that with Scott Anderson's death finall avenged and that wretched Dolohov woman was now dead that she could focus more on her up and coming wedding. Sure the work in the Ministry was still thick but she was finding juggling and the work at the shop much easier. As well as all of her work she had to plan her wedding, and with Andros being an Auror too they found it hard to both get the same time off. Taking advantage of the rare full day that she had off she headed out too Brightstone to get some much needed shopping done. Throwing her handbag over her shoulder she made her way down the fairly quiet streets of Brightstone, smiling to herself as the her ring caught the sun, she couldn't wait to get married.

After leaving Hogwarts, Martine had taken a few months leave and gone back to Belgium for a while, in order to look after her sickly, elderly parents. Being the only child meant she was practically forced to go, and Martine felt she needed the time out anyway. The Auror department had only grown recently, which was a good thing - they were becoming a much more reputable force to take down the Death Eaters. In fact, Thorine Dolohov had been killed only recently, and as far as Martine knew, she had been fairly high up in the Death Eater ranks.

But today, Martine, once again sick of paper shuffling (now she was back to the paper shuffling again), was taking a well needed rest in Brightstone Village, when she saw a familiar face. A young woman, about her age, who worked in the Auror Department. Kira, her name was, and she was engaged to another Auror, Andros Carter. Smiling, Martine gave Kira a small wave. "'Allo," she began, warmly. "Lovely day today, isn't it?"

Mentally going through her to do list for the day Kira wondered where would be the best place to go first. Sure it was only October and she had until January for the Wedding but like many typical brides she was prone to freaking out about the smaller things. Luckily she had Jasmin to calm her down and Leo when he felt like visiting, when she started to get bad about some of the smaller details. Although she often wished she had a few girlfriends to help her plan her wedding, wasn't it every girls dream to have the perfect wedding? Well for Kira that meant having few bridesmaids - apart from her younger sister.

Hearing a voice from behind her Kira came out of her train of thought and looked up seeing a familiar face. Smiling she walked towards her fellow Auror, "Oh Martine. It's a lovely day indeed. How are you?" she asked, making polite conversation with the woman. She never really did talk to her co - workers too often, not for lack of want but being in a job such as their's it was hard to get a lot of spare time.

Martine wished she had gotten to know her co-workers better, for after she and Nicolas decided it was for the best to simply be friends (or perhaps the correct term was co-workers or acquaintances), she barely knew anybody in the office. She usually kept to herself, then, occaisionally coming across her cousin in their work breaks, but apart from that, she stayed fairly quiet and kept on her paperwork. She occaisionally went out for field work - now Nicolas was the head of the Aurors, he was more willing to give field assignments than Scott had been, which was something Martine was very greatful for. Even if a majority of her time was spent in the office, the field assignments gave her more to do.

But still. She would like to know her co-workers better. After all, Kira, for example, was about her age, and as they were in the same job, they probably had a fair bit in common, Martine suspected. "I'm quite well, thank you, and yourself?" she asked politely, with a smile. "Getting ready for the big day?" At least she knew that much - she knew about the wedding, so it wasn't as though she completely isolated herself from the others.

Kira smiled softly at Martine as she spoke. She never knew why the two never really talked before. It was such a rarity to work with someone around your own age especially in a job such as that of an Auror, being such a high qualified job having young employees wasn't really expected. "I'm great, thanks!" she told her co-worker. Kira wasn't really that aware that much of the Auror office knew of her and Andros' engagement, not that she minded them knowing. If it wasn't so uncharacteristic of her she probably would have shouted it from the rooftops, she was so in love with Andros, she never knew such a love could have existed. "Yes I am!" she said, beaming. "I have so much to do and I feel like I'm getting no-where. It's definitely not something you can do on your own." she said with a sigh.

Kira seemed like a lovely girl, and although she didn't know Andros that well, he sure seemed nice enough. Martine hoped that the two of them would be very happy together. She suspected they didn't notice, but Martine was quite perceptive. She picked up on the stolen glances, the looks of affection - they were obviously quite in love. It made Martine happy to see - although she did have to admit she was a little jealous. Still, Martine had her work to focus on, and although she was a paper shuffler now, she knew that she could be so much more. "Ah, that's rather unfortunate. Especially with all the work in the office," she conceded. "Still, it'll all be worth it in the end. You let me know if you need anything...I'm not that busy at work, I must admit," she added, blushing a little at the last statement. She'd been away for a while, sorting out family affairs, and now was working at the desk. She knew opportunities would come soon, but she had to get back in to the swing of things first.

Kira nodded her head at Martine's words. All of the work at the office was of course her first priority, and Andros' aswell. It was only fair that they kept up their end of the work even if they were in the process of planning their wedding. Afterall it was only going to be a small thing for close family and a few friends, neither of them had much of either of those but it didn't matter to them. Truth be told if it wasn't for the small number of people they knew that wanted to see them getting married they would probably have eloped long ago. Although as Martine said, everything would most definitely be worth it in the end. When Martine offered her services Kira beamed, she would be so grateful of any help she could get although the only thing she really needed was a bridesmaid, Maybe I should ask Martine.... Kira pondered. They weren't the closest of people sure but she knew Martine and so did Andros. "Now you mention it, there is something you could help me with. But first I need coffee." she said with a small laugh. "Care to join me and I'll tell you more about what I have planned?" she asked, her beaming smile never fading.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back