OOC First Name
Emzies
Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Seeing Somebody
Wand
Knotted 11 1/2" Rigid Elm Wand with Acromantula Web Core
Derek had been a bit nervous about returning to school, being with Athena was good, he liked it, but he knew that it had probably not done well. He didn’t have too many friends who were not also friends of Emilia and he knew that his decision had probably meant people had taken sides in it. But, Derek was trying to push this aside in her mind. Derek was trying to not appear nervous when he was moving around the school, but he knew he was having some trouble with it. The slytherin walked into the great hall and in the great hall spotted Sapphire, he knew she was friends with Sapphire, but what Derek had noticed too, was the lack of her twin. He was also friends with her and decided he might as well approach her, ”Hey Sapph, mind if I sit with you?”

Sapphire hadn't been sleeping well since coming back to school. She yawned, poking at her breakfast. She glanced up as she heard a voice. She looked up, smiling half-heartedly at Derek. "Hey, princey." She shrugged, motioning with her fork. "Go ahead, spots free," She took a sip of her drink, watching him with sleepy blue eyes. "Whatcha been up to, your royalness?" She asked.

Derek smiled a little when she let him take a seat, so he did so. He watched her for a moment noting that she looked pretty tired. It was relatively early but it didn’t seem like the sort of tired that someone who had just been woken up too early would feel. He nodded at the question, ”Just getting used to the idea of leaving next year,” he didn’t mention that he’d started seeing Athena. ”How are you? You seem a bit tired?” he said, not sure if it was his place to mention such a thing or if it wouldn’t have adverse effect on her. He didn’t know where they stood since it all, but perhaps her was pretty selfishly overthinking that she would care more about his drama than anything else.

Sapph managed a bite of her food when he sat down, shrugging at his answer. She didn't know about leaving, really, she'd been here for so long. What was she supposed to do once she left? She had thought she had a plan before, but she wasn't so sure anymore. She shrugged when he asked if she was good. "I'm worried." She offered plainly. "You know Luna and Jasper don't respect Blake, the team is gonna fall apart without us next year." She shook her head. "Things with my brother don't help either. It would have been easier if they had just let him come back to school," She griped, running a hand over her face. "How bout you?"

Derek noted that Sapph didn’t look too happy. He frowned a little, perhaps he’d been so wrapped up in his own worries that while he had noticed that something was going on with Sapphire but not done enough to reach out - well, until now. He listened as she explained her worries about the team and her brother. He wanted to ask about what had happened with her brother but he didn’t want her to talk about it if it bothered her. ”I think it’ll be fine, the team will be fine,” He of course had no clue if it would be or not, but he was fairly confident that no matter what it wouldn’t matter for them. ”I’m okay,” he said, but he wasn’t what else he could say. It would feel a little wrong to complain about any of his issues when she was clearly having a rougher time. ”I think the responsibility of captain for Blake should..calm him slightly...so it’ll be easier?”

Sapphire shrugged. "I think if we can build them up stronger together then they can at least work as a unit even if Blake can't step up. Our new chaser is very promising, and I'm... pretty sure Jai will take your spot when you go, and Paige will have mine. I hope so, anyway." She shrugged. She had been tired, sure, but that didn't mean she didn't notice that look of worry in his eyes. "So, princey, you going to tell me why you look so distraught?" She asked, "Or are you going to fidget?"

Derek nodded vaguely, in all honesty since he wasn’t captain he didn’t give much thought to the time, which was only added to the fact that he knew that come next year he’d no longer be there he would care much. There was a desire for the team to continue to be good but if they weren’t it wouldn’t be a huge deal. He nodded at her words. ”You’ve always had a third eye with that stuff,” but he didn’t immediately launch into it. He watched Sapph for a moment and just gave a little smile, if she was talking to him now, and things seemed normal enough then maybe he’d been worried for nothing. ”I’ve heard a few rumours about what happened….with Onyx,” he decided to say, it wasn’t the thing that was primarily on his mind, but it was on his mind and he was sure that it would in part explain his behaviour.

Sapphire raised her brow at his comment, chewing her breakfast idly. "Rumors, huh? Well, go on then. What do you want to know?" She asked, a little sigh escaping her lips. It seemed all anyone wanted to talk to her for anymore, Onyx this and Onyx that. It made sense, but she wished her brother had had this sort of attention last year when he'd needed the support. She wondered idly if Chrys had needed the support last year, but brushed the thought aside. If he hadn't been a prat, he would have had her support just as much as Onyx had.

Derek knew that his own worries of drama were nothing in comparison to what she had dealt with, he felt bad about bringing it up, but he didn’t want to do anything about it. Just wanted to distract from himself. ”I don’t want to know anything, just are you okay?” he asked, he knew that they had never been the confide in each other friends, but they had been good friends for a while and he just wanted to make sure that she was okay. He knew that it had to be difficult and while he didn’t know what exactly had happened, he had to imagine it hadn’t been easy. He wasn’t good at saying he was there for someone but he could try.

Sapphire raised a brow. "I'm... Alive." She shrugged, hesitating a moment. She looked at him. "I've heard some rumors about you, too, princey." She reached out, laying a hand over his. "You alright?" She turned his question back to him. "You aren't getting into any weird trouble are you?" She teased him lightly.

Derek nodded as she replied, it wasn’t really the reply he had thought she might give but it was factually true and perhaps that was all she needed, ”I’m an idiot Sapphire, that’s all,” he replied when it was clear she’d heard about what he’d done, ”Falling for my Ex’s cousin and thinking I can solve their issues is not my proudest moment,” he replied with a shrug, he knew that Sapphire was friends with Emilia but hoped that other than thinking him the world’s biggest idiot she wouldn’t be too harsh on him. ”I’m an idiot,” he repeated if only to keep her from saying it.

Sapphire raised a brow. She had heard vaguely about him and whats-her-name, and how Em wasn't thrilled with it. "Nah," She shrugged. "You can't help the way you feel." She ran her thumb over the back of his hand. "If you're looking for someone to yell at you for defying social standards you should have sat somewhere else," She gave him a cheeky grin. "I never know what social standards even are, remember?" She teased him, moving to take a bite of her breakfast. "So, got yourself a girl, did you?" She asked.

Derek gave a weak smile, ”it doesn’t, but I’m still an idiot,” he countered but, he appreciated her words, he appreciated that was wasm’t coming too harshly down upon his words or his actions, that they could still be good friends despite what he’d done. He could appreciate it a lot, and felt pleased that he still had at least one friend, ”Sapph, she’s beautiful. She’ll smile at me, and my heart skips,” he said, unable to stop himself from gushing, ”She is kind, understanding, she wants the good in the world. She is bold and just. God she’s so out of my league, it’s unreal,”

Users who are viewing this thread

Back