Ghost
Blood Status
Pure Blood
Relationship Status
Interested in Somebody
Sexual Orientation
Demisexual
Wand
13" Unyielding Bloodwood with Vampire Fang Core / 12" Sturdy Yew with Basilisk Skin Core
Daemyn Knight floo’d home a couple of days ago, in his good sized apartment in a magical section of Perth, Australia. Going back and forth between New Zealand and Australia was exhausting before he would have to leave and head back to Europe so that he could hone his skills. Traveling was taking a toll on him, and he just needed something quiet for now. Once the sun was setting, Daemyn left his apartment, which was barely used since he was rarely home. He made his way to a cafe that was down the street from his complex, which had the best sort of tea. He made his order, paid and left, when he realized that he was supposed to receive a package today from his grandfather. It was more tips on dueling, including notes on how to fully utilize two wands.

He should head back soon since he was expecting it. He made his way back to his apartment, up with the magical elevator, and down the hall to see the family bird on top of the package. Daemyn could see a figure bending over the package, causing the bird to fly up. He outstretched his hand to call the black bird to him as he announced coolly, “I think there is a mix up. That package belongs to me.” He approached the woman that managed to spook the family pet, which perched on his hand, but stopped short to see who it was. His silver eyes narrowed, extremely suspicious. He heard that he was getting a new neighbor, but this was too much of a coincidence. His expression darkened somewhat. Seriously, what were the odds?

Roo had only been put on assignment a few days ago when she decided it was time to stop organizing her apartment. There was only so much the southern Belle could do. She had firstly made sure to set up her doves area, and made her that the small patio outside had her plants hung up so they could get some sunlight. She enjoyed the way everything looked now in the spot she lives in, and was just heading out to get to work reporting on a nearby spotting of some dragons that were migrating when she noticed a package halfway in the hallway, and a bird atop it. She leaned over, careful to tuck her very long, floral dress so that it was modest all over as she did.

then she heard a voice and stood up quickly, nearly dropping the box. “oh! I’m sorry I noticed it was here in the hallway and thought I’d make sure it… got to the right door.” Her voice slowed. “Mr. Knight?” She inquired. “What are the odds on such a large island!” She had no idea how this looked, her hazel eyes holding no I’ll intent or suspicious behaviour. “Oh you might have forgotten we met in New Zealand!” She said, assuming herself forgettable, missing his suspicious glance.

The family crow even seemed to be on high alert, but it was likely because it delivered the package to the wrong door. He moved his hand so that the bird could stand on his shoulder, while he reached into his pocket, pulling out a couple of treats to hand to it before it flew off. He continued to stare at her as she explained herself. And then recognized him. "How could I forget? It was literally within the month," his tone was slightly cooler than before. "Precisely, what are the odds?" Now, his tone was a little more aggressive, thinking that she might have been on to him or something. Not that he had done anything, yet, except had a legal name change. Perhaps someone that held a grudge against the Styx's or Zhefarovich's...

As he looked her over, seeing that she might have been too oblivious to even see that he was suspicious, perhaps he was jumping to the wrong conclusions. He approached her and held out his hand for her to return what was rightfully his. "I take it that you are my new neighbor, then. And the package you are holding came from my grandfather, so it is highly recommended that I receive it and look over the contents." Daemyn raised the cup of tea that he had in his other hand to his lips, taking a silent drink of the bitter contents.

Roo didn’t even catch the changes in his tone in the way he meant. She heard a shift in them but she couldn’t pinpoint the exact emotions. They were subtle to the sheltered girl. She continued to remain as oblivious as the second she’d noticed him. “Well I’m sure you meet a lot of people in your line of work. Dueling that is. Fans and everything.” She made the idea sound so romantic. But to her it was - she pictured him as far superior to her because he was a duelist and she could only manage the simplest of magic.

as he motioned for the package she handed it over gleefully. “Oh of course I wouldn’t keep it! I honestly thought maybe my dad had surprised me with something but it makes much more sense for the package to be for someone else since I’ve only just sent my dove out with a letter for him.” She adjusted the long sleeves of her dress and stroked brown waves back over her shoulders. “I would invite you in for some wine, but I’m sure you’ve got enough drink in your cup.” She said sweetly.

Daemyn knew that there was no way in hell that someone like her could be up to something. If she was, there would have been a change in her behavior. Instead, she remained the same. Either she was a superior actress, or she was just dense. He was going to assume the latter for now. He gave her an odd look over her tone as she mentioned that he met a lot of people. "I avoid people when I can. I can't handle crowds very well." He can handle his family, and one on one conversations, but anything more than that? He would instantly just withdraw like a turtle.

He took the package from her, and held it at his side. At least she wouldn't keep it. "Plus the language is in Bulgarian, so unless you know it, you'd get the picture that it was not meant for you." But he was convinced that she was not an enemy, so he wouldn't need to have his guard up all of the time. He took another drink of his tea, and heard her invitation - which was so natural that he almost choked on the tea. He used his elbow to cough into, as some of the tea went down into his lungs. After he was sure that he could speak without coughing, he swallowed hard. "You shouldn't invite strangers over to your house for wine. It could be dangerous."

Roo heard what he said about his dueling and she cocked her head slightly to the side. She wondered what it was about people that made him stay away, but she partially felt that wasn't any of her business. She wanted to give him pointers, she'd been handling crowds since a young age after all, but again that didn't seem like her place, so she kept silent.

She glanced back at the package and laughed. "It definitely isn't in English. So you speak more than one language! That's so cool! My Mama always wanted me to learn creole, it was popular where I was from, but it was so difficult. I was never much book smart for things like that," She admitted, smiling as if it wasn't that big of a deal. When he made the comment about strangers she gave him a look. "Oh, well I didn't particularly think we're strangers. Should I be worried you're dangerous? Because you seem so nice." She said with a gentle giggle.

Daemyn raised an eyebrow as she continued to speak. She really seemed like a happy one, which was a bit of a contrast compared to him. After all, he was pretty much like the night, and she was the day. It didn’t work out well in his favor to stay basked under that warmth. It was just a bit much. She mentioned that she was not book smart, which he could not really sympathize with because he was. Academically brilliant he was. He had the most potential, possibly, when it came down to his family in talents alone. “Learning languages can be difficult. I can speak a few languages, but I can read more.” He didn’t speak Russian, but he could read and understand it. For the most part.

The man shifted a bit as she spoke about them being strangers. Her definition of strangers must have differed from his greatly. He finished off his tea, and crumpled the cup in his hand. She should be worried about him though. He came from a line of dark wizards and witches. He wasn’t even being nice to her, was he? “I would not mistake civil and niceness, if I were you. But as far as I am concerned, yes, we are still strangers. If we meet up regularly for about 3 weeks, then we would no longer be. But until then, yes, just strangers.”

Roo smiled and listened to him talk about his capabilities as a linguist. She was enamored by the idea of knowing so much. "I think that's so fascinating!" She complimented. She did too, she was always in love with the idea of learning a romance language just for the heck of it, but she wasn't the smartest tool in the shed. Instead she was much better at making people feel agreeable and cooking - those were her talents. Those and plants, she had a hell of a green thumb and sure used it considering her apartment was filled to the brim with all kinds of plants.

Roo nodded when he said they were still strangers, looking briefly crestfallen over it. "Well, I guess I'll just have to try harder to make my first friend in the neighborhood. Tell you what, do you like coffee cake? I'll bring you some by next time I make it and that'll make meeting three at least." she offered sweetly. "Or we can keep awkwardly stealing each others packages." She laughed.

Why was that so fascinating? Daemyn did not really understand why or how since he did not understand Roo's thought process. He did notice how she seemed a little...disappointed, perhaps, about them being strangers. Her words made the thoughts he had solid, and he let out a sigh. Why was he landing himself in this sort of situation? He held up his hand as if to tell her to hold that thought. He walked over to his apartment door, dropped the package in, and closed it so that he could turn around to face his new neighbor.

"No on the package thing. But coffee cake sounds fine. There is a good cafe across the street that I have frequented since moving here. Before I leave tomorrow morning, I can take you there for coffee. I prefer their tea though." Normally, he would not have offered such a thing, but that little disappointment was tugging something in his chest and it annoyed him. It was best to nip it in the bud before he would get too involved.

Roo smiled pleasantly, lips closed to conceal her teeth so she would look more lady-like according to all the standards she'd had imbued on her. She couldn't help the way the smile cracked to reveal her teeth though as he mentioned going out for coffee together in the morning. It was nothing short of a sweet gesture. "That sounds rather lovely." Said the southern girl. "I suppose then I'll see you in the morning, I've usually gotten up by 6am to water my plants so any time after would be okay with me." She offered. She was an early bird and had a great many plants to take care of. With that she bid adieu to Daemyn, a faint smile on her lips continuing into her day.

Daemyn found this entire thing to be rather ridiculous, but he had a morning meeting. One could go as far as call it a 'date'. He was uncomfortable with the idea considering what happened to him in the past, but this would not end up that way at all. He nodded along with what she said, before he watched her for a moment, before he ducked into his apartment, closing and locking the door behind him. He let out a sigh and muttered in his native tongue, "How am I going to deal with this?" He shook his head, and went to his couch to open the dueling book his grandfather sent to him, and studied. Yet, he could not focus because he was so suspicious of that neighbor.
Fin

Users who are viewing this thread

Back