Blood Status
Muggleborn
Relationship Status
Seeing Somebody
Sexual Orientation
Renata <3
Wand
Knotted 13" Sturdy Pear Wand with Phoenix Tail Feather Core
Eugene walked to the lakefront, it was a beautiful morning, the sun was fully shining, and it was just going to be a great day, he could feel it. He was sure of it. He had his guitar and was heading to the lake front, knowing that this would good day would be helped along by songwriting. Eugene had a lot of inspiration and a desire to get back to writing, since he had been working a lot over the break and hadn't had time. He couldn't afford alone the rent of the place he and his cousin had, and Eugene had been looking for a smaller, cheaper place, closer to the magical world so he needed money. But now he was at school and songwriting was all he wanted to focus on. He sat down right at the water front and began playing, tuning up the guitar.

Mischa was a little disappointed that his goal of 'start a band' hadn't come to pass yet. The fact of the matter was, he didn't really have many friends who played musical instruments. Or... friends really. Not to that he had tried very hard to make friends, but it still kind of sucked to have no one to hang out with and cause trouble together with. And no one to just sit around and have cool jamming sessions with. Which was why he usually found himself alone, guitar slung over his back, as he tried to find somewhere good to sit and practice to himself. And that's when he heard music, quickly looking around for the source. Surprisingly, it was the Head Boy himself tuning up a guitar next to the lake. Mish almost automatically turned himself, purposefully looking away from the looming body of water as he instead smiled at the older boy, offering a hesitant wave. "Hey, do ya, uh, mind if I join? I dun usually get to play with anyone else. I can always leave if ya wanna play by yourself or whatever."

Eugene always appreciated how many people were at this school. He knew he could always find someone to speak to or be that person for someone else. He'd just started playing a song when he was joined by one of the boys from the music section of the arts club. Eugene gave the boy a warm smile and nodded. "Course not, please, join me," he encouraged, since though he had been looking to play and write, he wouldn't say no to jamming. He stopped what he was playing and then motioned to him. "Just start playing and I can join in?"

He was somewhat relieved the other boy didn't immediately turn around and tell him that he'd rather be alone or didn't want the company. Of course, Mish would have complied with the request and all, but he would much rather have someone to practice with compared to just sitting there and absently plucking at the strings by himself. "Thanks," he smiled a little as he settled down, swinging his guitar into his lap as he rested his fingers on the fretboard. Though he did hesitate a little as he was told just to start playing. "You should be the one to start," he offered, "I interrupted so I dun wanna mess up what you were doing or anything."

Eugene would've absolutely happily let this boy go first, but he didn't mind being the one to. "Sure," he said easily. He tuned up the guitar again quickly and then began playing. It was a moderately paced song, a little more happy sounding. he found all he wrote currently had a happier feel to it. He was keeping it a little simple, wanting to just hear how he played along, what rhythm he would have, how quickly he could play. Eugene didn't want to assume this boy was advanced and didn't want to assume that he wasn't.

It was just polite to let the other boy go first, given the situation. So Mish offered a smile, staying quite as he listened along with the tune the older boy started off with, slowly bopping his head along with it to help get the rhythm in his head. Then, he let out a breath as he started to play along, first just following along with what Eugene was playing, but then adding his own little flairs to try and add a little more to the music, changing key to give the whole thing a little more depth. It was no fun if the two of them just sat there playing the exact same thing, after all. And besides, he hadn't really worked on his own songwriting in quite some time, so maybe it was about time he got back into practice.

Eugene realised quickly that the boy was good. He felt he had an ear for hearing other good talent, and it was clear that this boy had some good talent. He liked the flairs he added on to what he was doing. Eugene in part did little flairs to mimick and add to what was being played, though he kept his a little more simple. He just liked playing, that much was clear in what he was doing. He found it so simple to just sit back and play guitar, and it was more fun than he had had in a little while.

He was quite enjoying the tune he was playing out and the melody it was creating with the older boy. He couldn't help but even bob his head a little with the music as he followed his fingers on the strings, making sure he didn't strum the wrong ones. "It feels like it should have lyrics with it, don't you think?" He couldn't help but ask as he shifted how he was sitting slightly, so he could prop the guitar on his knees a little better.

Eugene was enjoying playing with this younger boy. He could feel the way the song was building, and flowing, that as the other boy rightly did, that it needed lyrics. He nodded in agreement, but didn't overly stop his playing. "Do you have any in mind?" he asked, he could think of maybe a few things, and how to make it fit with the music but he was curious as to what the other boy would come up with.

Now he had gone and mentioned coming up with lyrics, of course he was now being asked what he could come up with. Mischa hesitated for just a moment, shifting as he slowed down his playing. "Um... I haven't really written anythin' in a while," he eventually admitted, "I'd hav'ta think about it." It was something he wanted to get better at, sure, but he wasn't the sort of musically inclined person who could just come up with lyrics on the spot. "'sides, I'm better at writing songs than lyrics, anyhow."

Things were always noisier in the warmer months, the creatures on the shore doing their level best to interrupt whatever rest and feeding the eel tried to achieve with their scuttling and chatter. Today though, the eel had slipped close enough to shore to hear something different. Repeated sounds, like a call. It was intriguing, and the eel slipped closer than it normally would during the daylight hours, the sounds warped and softened through the water and yet still oddly enjoyable.

The eel came to rest in the shallows, as close as it could get while still being submerged, content to listen until the melody stuttering and slowing. How frustrating. It flexed it's body, tail breaching the water with an agitated splash, hoping to startle whatever the source of the noise was into continuing.

Eugene nodded, he could figure that coming up with lyrics was hard, he tended to try to write them before the music and then let the music decide changes and flow, but he knew everyone had their own method. "Why don't we keep playing, and if any come to you just try to say them along to the music," he wouldn't say they needed to be sung, but mostly just to be best said. "I'll do the same if I think of any," he had been about to start playing again when the water splash, and he spotted a tail of some kind. "I think we might have an audience," he joked, sure that it was just some fish or bird that had breached the surface.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back