Watching the world go by. Closed

Corrie Yelnats

Corrie sat on a bench. It was just a random bench and he had no particular reason to sit there, he wasn't waiting for anyone, there was no-one to wait for really. He assumed no-one would notice him, they hadn't before and there was no reason to start now. He was wearing faded blue jeans with ripped knees, a checkered shirt that was too big for him and walking boots. There was also some remains of the black nail varnish his sister had triend to put on him as he slept.

Corrie sat and watched as a child started whining that he wanted to go home and as two teenage girls, older than him, got into an arguement. He just watched the world go by, oblivious to someone sitting next to him. Why should he notice? They probably weren't there to talk to him anyway.

Leslie had been sat on the bench for nearly five minutes now, staying completly still and thinking incredibly hard of somthing intelligent to say to the person sitting next to her, but this wasn't just any person, it was a boy, and not a bad looking one either Leslie thought to herself, 'oh, come on girl just say something!' she mentally yelled at herself, 'rite on three i say something....one... two...three'

" Hi " she said her voice catching in her throat, she wasn't sure if the boy, 'more like the god', she corrected her self, had even heard her.

Corrie heard someone speak next to him. He wasn't sure whether or not he should turn around to see if they were talking to him or not, it was more likely they weren't. He did anyway. When he turned he saw a girl looking at him, she was quite close to him and he jumped. "You just givin' me a heart attack aint ya?" He joked slightly. She was around his age and not bad looking, there was no reason not to talk to her.

She giggled and smiled as sweetly as she could "do I look like the sort of girl to go around giving people heart attacks?" she said with mock horror in her voice, "anyway, if i was that sort of girl i'd like to know the name of my victims first... so your safe for now" she winked at the boy, flashing a evil smile. "My names Leslie" she added, she started swinging her legs that didn't quite reach the ground waiting for the boy with no name to say something.
She hummed under her breath a song that had been stuck in her head that entire morning, that was going to be the first thing that she would miss in school as no electrical devices work how could she ever survive without her music.

Corrie laughed along with her comments. "Nice to meets yer Leslie, I'd tell yous mine but then yous can kill me props you get me?" He joked around with her. He knew for sure that she wasn't in Slytherin, he was the only one so far that would talk to anyone and trust them until proven guilty. It seemed like she would be perfect for one place. "Yous a Gryffy aint yer?"

Leslie smiled and laughed "So mysterious boy, what gave me away?" she joked, she tried to place him in a house but he just didn't seem to fit anywhere.

She continued to swing her legs slyly taking in as much of him as she could, she noticed the remnants of black nail polish, a small giggle escaped her lips, she hoped that he wouldn't ask what she was laughing about, she doubted she would be that lucky.

A breaze rolled in from the harbour, Leslie shivered and her arms erupted in goosebumps cursing the fact she had left her one and only decent jacket on the floor in her room.

"Yer too trusting btu yer don't seem nice enough to be a huffle. No offence." Corrie shrugged before hearing her giggle. "Whats you laughin 'bout?" He felt the breeze roll in but it took no affect on him, his voice may not show it but he had lived in many places, most colder than here. "Well?"

Leslie smiled as he described her almost perfectly "okay well, you got me with trusting thing, but I don't know what you mean about me not being nice" she said sarcastically

Leslie couldn't help but laugh more now, all her previous fears about talking to the boy with no name, that he would tell her anyway, had vanished "Well... It's nothing really, it's just we seem to be matching" she said looking down at her fingers and placing them by his, her nails to covered in half chipped off black nail varnish from left from a sleepover she'd been to recently.

"I didn't think that boys liked wearing nail varnish" she joked, "I could re-paint them for you if you like..... Im sure I have a colour that would suit you well somewhere in my bag" she said letting out a small giggle, showing that she meant what she was saying she reached down her black bag and pulled it onto her lap.

He laughed as she mentioned the nail varnish. "That there be my sisters work. I don't thinks I want no more of it." He added the last bit as she brought her bag up, he was slightly scared that she would actually paint his nails. He did the first thing he could think of to defend himself, Corrie sat on his hands. "So you is a Gryffy then?" He made sure, he didn't particualy care about houses but needed to know all the same.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back