Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Married
Sexual Orientation
Straight
Wand
Mahogany, 14 1/2", Essence of Demiguise hair, Bendy
Lily needed a break from it all. Dealing with studying for OWLs, classes and prefect duties were taking their toll already. She decided to head on down to the lakefront and watch the gathering storm for bit. Finding her favorite rock, she settled atop it and tucked her knees up to her chin. She pulled her winter coat closer around her, and turned her blue eyes to the billowing storm clouds ahead of her.

Andromeda wrapped her scarf around her and tied up the buttons to her Gryffindor jacket, before slipping into her 'Ug' boots that came up over her black tightfit jeans. She needed to get out for a bit to clear her head and though the weather wasn't the greatest for it, she felt she had no choice. Her head was wrecked quite literally. After Christmas she had convinced herself that she was getting back on track that her world had not turned completely on its axis after all, that werewolf or not she could flip things around. So far she had failed miserably. As her wandering took her out of the castle and down through the lawn to the lakefront, she brooded.

There had been a full moon only two weeks previously and she had coped remarkably well with it, the cavern hadn't been so dismal as it had been before Christmas but still she hated being down there. At least now she could think of her uncle out there attempting to find a cure that didn't exist. It was hope, a futile one but still hope. As she neared the lakefront she spotted a lone figure huddled ontop of a rock. She would normally have left the person to their own solitude but on recognising who it was Andy walked silently over.

She owed Lily a huge apology and hadn't seen the girl before now on her own to do that. She felt so terrible for how she had behaved at that party but she couldn't take any of it back. She couldn't reverse time, even if she wanted to.
"Lily" her voice quivered and she coughed slightly to clear her throat, "can I join you?"

Lily was startled by the voice that suddenly was there. She had been looking off at the clouds and not paying attention to anything around her. She jumped a bit, then turned to where the voice was coming from. It was Andromeda, the Gryffindor girl who had exploded at her and Kale at the party a few months back. She looked at her with a bit of a glare. Lily was not one to be mean on purpose, but it was like this girl had tried to cause issues for her, Kale and Blake. It was just a food fight gone bad that Andromeda had witnessed, but she felt she really should not have to defend herself against it.

When she asked to join her, Lily was not sure if she wanted to. "I guess. Its a free country." She wasn't exactly rude to the girl, but not very friendly either. She slid over just a bit to make room, so that she didn't have to be too close.

Andromeda couldn't believe that Lily actually moved aside for her. She didn't think she would be half so forthcoming if it were her. She didn't mind that Lily wasn't exactly friendliness personafied, Andy knew she deserved nothing less.
Shuffling onto the rock where Lily moved over for her, Andromeda had the good grace to be embarressed and humbled. With her head hung slightly low and looking out across the lake, she attempted to gather her words. She didn't want to make a mistake with her apology.
"Lily I am so sorry. Really I am" Andy turned to look at her, "I didn't mean that outburst at the party. I don't know why I did it. I saw Kale and got mad, so bloody mad that... well, that's a different story but well once the flood gates opened I couldn't close them. I only found out later that you were, are dating the guy that was standing with you and there I was shouting all sorts of horrible stuff about you and Kale. I'll make a public apology if you want me to, I don't mind really. I kind of owe you that much seeing as I publicly embarressed you."
Andy had every intention of getting up on the dias infront of the staff table and announcing what a giant size buffoon she was and how sorry she was for accusing Lily of something she had not been guilty of.

Lily continued to stare off over the lake while Andromeda spoke. She was still annoyed with the girl for saying what she did. She was not happy with her, or with the fact that she caused so many issues for her a few months back. However, she was surprised that she was apologizing to her. "What happened with you and Kale?" she asked plainly. Until she understood more, she was not willing to accept the apology. Lily moved around just a bit, making herself more comfortable on the rock whose temperature was slowly getting colder than it was to start with.

Andromeda knew that when she said what Kale had done Lily would probably scoff. It sounded so stupid now but at the time of the party Andy had been reacting to a lot more than water balloons.
"It sounds silly and you'll think it didn't deserve what I did and you'd be right but ... I had other reasons. I guess I just got fed up of people doing stuff to me and getting away with it all the time. I don't usually go around throwing drink over people or verbally humiliating them, that just isn't me" Andromeda sighed, how could she explain the rest to Lily. Andromeda barely knew her, actually didn't know her at all. She couldn't tell her about Durmstrang or about being a werewolf that would be just looking for trouble, wouldn't it?

"He... threw water balloons and soaked me" it sounded even lamer now.

[it really does sound lame now - Andy really did overreact didn't she? lol]

Lily listened as Andromeda spoke, still staring off over the lake. She couldn't help but laugh when she finally coughed up the reason that she was so upset. "Are you serious? THAT is why you have been so upset with Kale?" She continued to giggle as she turned to face the younger girl. "I'm sorry, but that is kinda funny. He dropped a water balloon on you and now you are taking it out on everyone? Wow." She took a deep breath, and tried to recompose herself. "Are you sure there isn't another reason you are all shades of pissed at him?" She moved her body so she was now facing Andromeda. Lily thought maybe it was a bit of jealousy, that the redhead had a bit of a crush on the Slytherin boy.

[nah. not too lame but a bit of an overreaction-- and makes for good drama]

Pulling her knees up under her chin and wrapping her arms around her legs Andy sighed. Lily had every right to laugh at her, it all sounded so stupid now.
"I got sent to Durmstrang last year and alot of bad stuff happened to me there. When I came back here I thought it was all behind me but it never was. Not really. Not one person got punished or had to deal with any consequences for what happened to me..."
she almost choked as her throat tightened, she needed Lily to know she wasn't usually so petty.
"I guess after Kale had thrown the water balloon and I never had a chance to get back at him for it, I saw red that day. I took out all my frustration for what had happened at Durmstrang on him. I shouldn't have but I did."

Lily looked at Andromeda with wide eyes. "You got sent to Durmstrang? Really? Ouch. Those peoples are not the nicest batch in the world. We had some here for the Tournament and they kinda sucked. Bruin even had to give some of them a taste of their own medicine. It was crazy!" She softened her look, then asked, "What else happened to you?"

Andromeda nodded in agreement but knew now that there were a handful who weren't bad at all. She hung her head low and began to pick at a thread that had come loose from her scarf.
"They... I..." her voice trailed off as a hand went to her forehead and wiped her brow.
"It wasn't nice, it wasn't humane. Can we leave it at that? I... I don't want to dredge it all up again. Let's just say that Kale and his water balloon are fun and games, these guys make even the stories of Lord Voldemort seem like fairy tales".
Her voice trailed off again.

Lily cringed at the mention of the boys being worse than Voldemort. She had read a bit about him, and hoped no one ever would be like that again. "Well, I am glad you are back here. Durmstrang sounds like a horrible place to be." She moved a bit closer to the younger girl. "The storm looks like it is getting closer. Should we head up to the castle?"

Andromeda nodded her head slowly.
"It was the worst place ever. I really don't know how the ministry allows it to exist" she looked at the sky and saw that the storm was getting closer. If they didn't leave soon it would be on top of them, as much as she had wanted to clear her head, getting drowned in a torrential downpour and being outside for the thunder that was already beginning to rumble, didn't really appeal to her.
"yeah, it's probably a good idea" she moved carefully down from the rock and stood aside to wait for Lily, "I'm sorry if I messed things up between you and your boyfriend back then, I'll apologise to him too if you'd like me too".

Lily slipped down from the rock and started to walk up to the castle, hoping that Andromeda would fall into place beside her. "It's okay. We're cool. Blake was understanding of everything. He knows how Kale can be, they are pretty close friends after all. Kale realized that I was grossed out by mayo and, well, things progressed from there. I ended up slipping on some bologna that he threw on the floor and we both went down. It was rather awkward, especially since he dated two of my roommates in the past." Lily giggled a bit as she walked. "I was covered in mayo and mustard. It was just gross!"

Andromeda walked slightly faster inorder to fall into step beside Lily, once at her side she slowed her pace to match hers. Andy was glad she hadn't done any lasting damage to Lily's relationship but was amazed to find out that Kale had dated two other Ravenclaws. She couldn't see herself what the attraction was for him, she hadn't thought him particularly good looking and besides being just a seemingly born prankster couldn't see what others had seen. She considered that maybe it was a Ravenclaw girl thing to fancy the Slytherin boys. If Lily and her three Ravenclaw friends were or had at some point all dated Slytherins and her own bestfriend Zuka was dating one as well, perhaps there was some truth in her hypothesis. She didn't know of any Gryffindors that had dated any but maybe they had. Didn't she herself like a boy outside of her own house?

Andy giggled along with Lily as she described how vile being covered in mustard and mayo was.
"I saw how bad it looked, certainly wouldn't want to be covered in it myself" she continued to walk back to the castle with the Ravenclaw girl, "Will you be learning to apparate this year?"
She didn't know how old exactly Lily was but presumed she was of age to learn.

Lily shuddered as the storm drew closer and they were reflected in shadows from the lightening. She loved to watch storms moving across the land, but really was not a fan of being outside during them. She much preferred to be watching from either her common room or her dorm room window. "No," she replied, hurrying her steps just a bit, "I am not quite old enough. Next year I can take lessons. I only turn 16 in May. It will be a trip to learn. I have done side-by-side apparition before and that was just fun. I cannot wait until I can do it on my own." A smile broke out on her face as she spoke. She was so jealous of those who were old enough to learn this year. Hopefully Estrella will apparate her places when they are on break -- if they are on break together as they have been as of late. "Have you ever apparated anywhere?"

Andy picked up her own pace as the rain drops began to fall now.
"Never on my own I'd probably splinch myself in two. I have gone sidelong with my uncle a few times, with my mom twice and a dozen or so times with my Dad. It felt totally strange, I prefer portkey transportation to sidelong apparition though. That's some rush, it's like being on a rollercoaster" she laughed remembering the many times she had been yanked from what felt the center of her very gravity and pulled through time and space. She had thrown up the first two times but was well used to it by now, so that even when they used a portkey in class she wasn't phased at all by it.

"You're so lucky learning it next year, I can't wait either" the drops began to get heavier, dropping like waterballoons about them.
"Think we better run for it?"

A bright flash and a loud roll of thunder made Lily jump in her tracks. "I think so. This storm is about to let loose full force any second now. RUN!" she yelled as the drops began to come down fast and furious around them.

Despite running, Lily was soaked as she entered the castle. She turned to look at Andromeda and assess her situation as well. Whipping out her wand, Lily muttered the draught charm to dry herself and her friend off. "Much better. So much faster than a towel," she added with a giggle.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back