Watching the Stars

Elizabeth Malfoy

Liz was out on her nightly excursion to the lawn, staring at the sky, and relaxing.

Well, trying to relax.

These past couple weeks had been unkind to her. She'd show up to meals- but she'd leave just minutes after arriving. She used every ounce of her energy to fly around the pitch, and once that was out, she'd run on adrenaline. Sleep was almost nonexistant. When she finally was able to sleep, it was plagued by nightmares- her grandfather was in them mostly. And Vladmir.

Liz closed her eyes as she fell to the gently wet ground. She kept thinking. And she wanted to stop.

And every time Liz tried to stop thinking, her mind would blank, and then... Why did they take us?

She clenched her eyes shut, refusing to let any tears out- be it from exhaustion or fear.

What if they expect us to be death eaters?

Liz reached her hand into her pocket, and pulled out a photograph- Garett Black, was it's subject. He grinned and gave stoic wave.

Liz crawled closer to the shelter of some trees, knowing she needed to see the stars, but not be caught by a professor. It was well after curfew, and she couldn't deny knowing it.

Kale was walking around school grounds, he couldn't sleep so he decided to walk down towards the lawn to to take look out at the stars and think. As he walked swiftly down to the grass and trees, the weather was cold and it was quite dark, the only light that was provided was the stars shining brightly up above. Kale noticed a figure sitting in the arbor and felt a bit nrevous, for he thought that it may be a Professor or some other authority figure...to his surprise when he got a bit closer it was Liz. Slowly Kale approached her, with his hands in his pockets to keep them warm.."Liz, what in the world are you doing out here?" Kale questioned, he hadn't seen her around school lately and was surprised to see her out all alone at this strange hour

Liz jumped at another voice. Turning to see that it was Kale, she sighed. "Oh! Just... relaxing after working off some stress."

She continued lying back, lacking the energy to sit up. Her arms were sore- she'd woken out of an uneasy sleep at around 5am, skipped classes, and flown straight from then until now, aside from popping in for lunch and dinner.

Liz reluctantly strained her weary muscles into a smile. "How've you been? I haven't seen much of you lately. Then again, I haven't seen much of anyone."

Kale walked towards Liz and sat next to her on the grass under the tree, looking out for any adults before sitting. As Liz spoke he noticed that she didn't really seem like herself, she wasn't out much and Liz seemed to be keeping a really low profile lately. Looking at Liz with a puzzled smile, "I've been good, I guess.." with a concerned tone, Kale continued "But thats beside the point...are you all right Liz? I mean...I od'nt ever see you around school anymore or anything.." his voice trailed off.
Keeping his attention on Liz he kept his concerned look on his face. Kale hoped that he didn't get off on the wrong foot and offend her in any way by approaching her the way he did.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back