Watching the Ice Crumble

Sam Prince

OOC First Name
Louise
Wand
Black Walnut/ Maple Wand 12 3/4" Essence of Silver Thistle
The castle was silent. It wasn't an eerie silence, just not as loud as it used to be. Many students had packed up and left to return home for the Christmas Break, Sam didn't want to go home, he loved it here anyway his stupid cousin was now living with him and his uncle, Sam wanted to avoid her at all costs.

He threw on a hat and a grey hoody to go outside. He grabbed a hufflepuff pen from his beside locker and shoved it in his jeans pocket. He also took the Christmas cards he had bought for his parents and Colin. He made his way down to the grounds.

He felt the ice creep beneath his fingers, it was freezing. He put his hodd over his hat and walked briskly down to the lake. When he arrived he watched many of the students skate along the lake. Some gracefully, others...not so much. He couldn't skate and wasn't about to try. He sat down on the snow beneath a large tree, its bare branches swaying peacfully above him. He began to write his cards
Merry Christmas! said:
To Mam and Dad,
Merry Christmas! Have a good one this year, will miss you lots.
Things are great here by the way, I'll write to you soon.
Your son,
Sam

Merry Christmas! said:
To Colin and Ava,

Merry Christmas!!!!! Sorry I couldn't be there but I know you'll manage without me. Not much news here. I'll right to you soon.
Sam

He put them both in envelopes and rested them on his lap. While gazing at the group of ice-skaters an icy strong wind blew the envelopes off his lap. "Perfect." Sam grumbled before getting up and running after the envelopes.

Arisa was skating out on the ice. She wore a brown outfit which she had jost got. Arisa loved it and was fairly good at it. She did a little spin and a jump before landing. Then she noticed some papers floating across the ice and bend down to pick them up. She skated over to Sam "hey, these yours?" She asked handing the envalops to Sam with a smile.

Sam ran to the edge of the 'ice-skating arena' and halted, he couldn't skate with skating shoes how was he supposed to with his converse. Then Arisa got them for him, "Arisa, thanks." Sam said gratefully and took the envelopes from her, he quickly shoved them in his back pocket. "Are you not beyond freezing?" Sam asked her rubbing his hands together quickly.

Arisa giggled "nope" She said skating in a small circle "I love cold weather" She added. She had grown up in the moutians and had gotten used to the cold along time ago, she hardly noticed it any more. "you on the other hand look freezing" She said with a smile.

"Yeah your correct there." Sam said shoving his hands into his jeans pocket. "I've lived in London all of my life...its never been this cold!" Sam laughed. He used to remember lying beside the fire because he was so cold. Sam looked down at her skates, "Di dyou go to lessons?" he asked, "Ice-skating." he explained just in case she didn't know what he was on about.

"a few" Arisa admitted. "i mostly played hocky though" Arisa said with a smile "have you ever played hockey?" She asked eyeing sam thinking he might be good at it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back