Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Married
Sexual Orientation
Demisexual
Wand
Curly 10 1/2 Inch Rigid Birch Wand with Fwooper Feather Core
Sloane knew really early in that this wasn't going to work. She'd planned for it not to work, she never expected these things to matter. Yet here she was four years later actually giving s damn. She liked Oliver, she loved Oliver, she didn't want to lose him. If she'd known four years ago where this would lead her, would she have stayed? She didn't know, but she certainly couldn't let this continue. This would be too painful for both of them she was sure. He didn't sign up for this, he'd hate it. This was never supposed to happen, she was so careful. What was she supposed to do now? She suooosed she could try her parents, maybe her siblings would help? They were no strangers to this kind of thing after all. They'd had their children with their unexpected pregnancies before right? This was just another thing. Women had been living through this kind of thing for centuries, she was just another one for the mix. Yeah, she could do this without Oliver's help. She didn't want to see his rejection any way. Better that she just leave this out of it. It would be better this way.

Walking into the bedroom, which honestly was the same room as the kitchen and lounge room, Sloane frowned at Oliver. "Can we talk?" He had to have an inkling that something was up. They'd practically been living together for the past eight months. She sat on the end of the bed. She was wearing a lose top to cover her shoulders, but otherwise she was mostly naked. "I think this should end." She said plainly, no subtlety or ease involved. Rip the bandaid off her mother always said. Don't leave time to fret. Come right out and say what you mean, there was no point trying to help it along. "We're done here." Maybe she was being harsh, but he'd signed up for this. She'd told him day one that she didn't do these long relationships. He'd had four years more than most. Enough was enough, time to say goodbye.

When Oliver first met Sloane in the leaky cauldron, he never imagined they would still be together four years later, not only that they would be practically living together. Oliver had been sure he would have shot himself in the foot and Sloane would have bolted. She after all was a professor, and he was a Quidditch player with no clue what to do when his time as a player came to an end, which he felt was getting closer. Oliver liked the school holidays because it meant Sloane was home a lot more, which meant she would spend as good time of her time either fully or practically naked, something he always enjoyed.

Oliver was in the bedroom when he noticed Sloane walk in, barely clothes as usual. He lifted his head when she said they needed to talk but kept quiet. What she said next floored him, but his expression remained neutral. "Sorry what?" Sloane went onto clarify that they were done but Oliver remained in place. For a while, Oliver had expected the day to come when she was finished with him, she had warned him that she didn't do long term relationships, but after four years he'd stopped worrying about it. "Whats going on Sloane?" He asked moving over to where she was sat on the bed.

Sloane was not used to having to explain herself to someone. She was used to just saying something and someone understanding what she wanted. She clearly overestimated Oliver because he did not seem content with her lack of an explanation. He hadn't signed up for this and that was the only important thing. Oliver moved closer to her and so she moved back off the bed and headed into the kitchen. "You heard me." She didn't mean to be so hard, but she wasn't about to sit by and let him break her heart like last time. Last time she'd been young and dumb, she'd had over ten years experience since then, she would be fine now provided they didn't have to talk about it. It would be better this way, he wouldn't be obligated to look after a child he didn't want and she wouldn't have to suffer the sting of rejection. Rejection of all the emotions was probably the suckiest. She'd lost a lot in her lifetime, she wasn't going through the pain of a relationship breakdown, not again. She wouldn't allow it. "It's just better this way, okay? Trust me, you promised." She looked at him, daring him to go back on his word, daring him to tell her that they meant more than their stupid promise, daring him to try and make her stay. She dared him to be more and say more, but she also dared him just to stand there and sigh. She wanted everything from him, and she wanted nothing. She just wanted him out of her sight, because he couldn't see the hurt, fear or betrayal she already felt knowing what he was going to do.

Sloane seemed to be standing by her statement but Oliver wouldn't be tossed aside that easily. As he moved closer to her she got off the bed entirely and went into the kitchen. Oliver sighed and followed her. "I did and I don't believe it," He said trying to remain calm as she tried to end their relationship. When Sloane threw his promise back in his face, Oliver was hurt. Yes, when they first started seeing each other he had promised that either one of them could drop out at any time, no questions asked and no hard feelings. "That was four years ago Sloane, when we were starting up something casual, but look around," He widened his arms to signal the numerous of his own personal items that had crept their way into Sloane's place over the years. "We're not casual anymore," Oliver was doing his best not to raise his voice. He was emotional and he was desperately clinging onto something Sloane seemed so eager to throw away, but he didn't want to be the guy who yelled. "Something had changed Sloane and you're probably too scared to tell me, but I love you, whatever it is we can figure it out together," Oliver had a sneaky suspicion what was going on, and while he didn't want to blurt it out for fear of being wrong, he wanted to subtly let Sloane know that he was there for her.

Sloane moved further away from Oliver, covering herself in a protective manner, though she wasn't sure what she was protecting, herself, or the child. The as-yet unborn and soon to be fatherless child. She knew she was just pulling this out of nowhere, but she refused to go through all of this again. She'd suffered this once, she would not allow the hurt like that again, not ever. She'd barely made it through that last time. "Oliver! You just don't get it!" She turned to him and pointed her wand in his direction. She didn't remember picking it up, but the moment she pointed it at him, she dropped it in the shock that she'd actually done that and sunk to the ground. "I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry." He was refusing to let her do this the way she wanted, the easiest way. why did he have to make this so difficult? If he'd let her walk away none of this would have happened. She could have moved on and been done with it and she wouldn't have had to suffer this pain. She'd let this go on for far too long. She'd known she should have ended this much earlier, but, she'd grown accustomed to his presence gradually until she couldn't bare to be without him. She should have known then that she was doomed, but she'd hoped, stupidly, that this wouldn't end the same as last time. She should have known she was destined for this. It wasn't like they'd met under any normal circumstances after all. Merlin, they were supposed to be casual! When had all of this gone so wrong? Could she even pinpoint the exact time? Was there a definitive answer to that?

Shaking her head and holding herself, Sloane thought about all the times she'd reminded him that this was just temporary. At the time she thought she'd been teasing him. She never told him the truth, that she loved him. She assumed he knew, but it wasn't something she'd wanted to admit to herself either way. It was a closely guarded secret that she assumed she was take to her grave after this. She wouldn't love anyone again. She wouldn't want to bring anyone else into her life, or the life of their child, that he would never know. She would do this on her own. She could, she had the ability to, she was sure and many resources she could see for help if she needed it. She didn't think she would but you could never be too sure about these things.

Oliver raised his hands in frustration as she told him he didn't get it. How was he supposed to when she hadn't told him anything. "Get what? That you're invoking the rules of our casual relationship when this hasn't been casual for a very long time. Sloane I practically live here. When I eventually go back to my place there are layers of dust because I spend most of my time with you. No. If you want me gone, really want me gone then you are going to look me in the eye and tell me why," Oliver was defiant, he wasn't going to give up on this without a fight. He had always suspected Sloane might get scared when they started getting serious but he thought he had dodged that bullet. "Stop apologising and tell me what is going on," He said taking a seat beside her. Oliver couldn't believe that she had pointed her wand at him, what had got her so spooked that she would resort to such drastic measures to get rid of him. "Something has changed, what is it?"

Sloane tried in vain to blink back the tears of her anger and hurt. She assumed this was going to hurt, but not this much. She didn’t understand why he couldn’t just let it go and let her leave. He wasn’t taking no for an answer and if Sloane wasn’t already so mad, she might even have been heartbroken. As he sat beside her, she couldn’t help herself, she dropped into his lap to cry. She didn’t know why, not really, but she suspected she just needed to feel him. They’d been so close for so long, it seemed strange that she was going to lose him now, all because she hadn’t been careful. She’d never thought she would have to, she never thought she’d be able to have kids. She’d been told all those years ago, it was impossible, but perhaps they had been wrong. No, not perhaps, they had been wrong, because here she was now, pregnant. Gathering up what little strength she had left, Sloane looked up at Oliver. “I’m pregnant.” She’d told him it would never happen, it was why they’d never really thought about being careful, it wasn’t needed to prevent pregnancy.

Oliver was expecting some grand reason why they couldn't be together anymore. He imagined a few different scenarios but none of them came close to what Sloane actually came out with. "You...you're what?" Oliver stuttered. Pregnant. That wasn't possible. Sloane had always insisted that it wasn't possible and Oliver had made peace some time ago that if he wanted to be with Sloane then he wouldn't have children. "Babe that's amazing," Oliver said, the initial shock giving way to his excitement. He was thrilled, no matter what his initial response was but his excitement was quickly replaced with confusion. If Sloane was pregnant then why was she so insistent that they break up. "Sloane, if we're having a baby why do you want this to end?" He asked almost dreading her answer. What if the baby wasn't his...

There it was, the sure fire answer. He was shocked she was pregnant, he probably thought she conned him into this, heck, she was beginning to think that herself! How could she ever expect him to be okay with this, she'd repeatedly told him it would never happen and so she never thought about it. Now that it was here, all she wanted to do was protect herself and her child, whatever that child may be. "I'm sorry I lied to you all this time, I honestly thought this wasn't... what?" This was amazing? He was... happy? But how could he be happy about this? This wasn't part of their deal, she felt like she'd forced him into this so how could he not feel the same? "You're okay with this?" She asked, sniffing as the tears slowed. She was surprised. She'd spent all of this time building this scene up in her head and it wasn't going at all the way she'd planned. She was... for once, hopeful. "I, uh. I thought you would be mad because I didn't ever think this could happen." She said, looking down at her still flat stomach. "This wasn't part of our deal so I thought you would want to leave, I wouldn't force you into this, this is entirely my decision." She hastily told him, making sure he understood that she did not want him in their lives if he decided that was not on the cards for him. "I was giving you a way out."

It was clear that Sloane had been scared to tell him the news but Oliver wasn't sure why. Had he done something to make her believe he wouldn't want to stick around once a baby came along? Oliver didn't want to give her any more reason to doubt him. Clearly, Sloane had been given bad information when she was told she couldn't have kids and while that belief had influenced some of their choices it didn't change the fact that Oliver was excited in the moment at the prospect of being a dad. He always knew he wanted to be one he'd just not expected he'd do it so soon. "Of course I'm okay with this, the love of my life is having my baby what about that wouldn't I be happy about," Oliver said her hands in his and kissing them. "I don't want an out, yeah we had a deal to keep things casual but things have changed since then, I fell in love with you to hell with our old deal," Oliver hadn't planned to fall in love when he met Sloane. At the time he just needed something to help distract him from the dumpster fire his life had become but things had only gone up since meeting Sloane. "I'm all in this with you,"

Sloane couldn't believe this was actually happening. She'd planned ahead, she had made all sorts of arrangements. Now she just felt foolish that she'd gone off on her own and not bothered to actually ask Oliver first. She could have saved herself so much trouble. Despite herself, Sloane laughed. She laughed more than she'd laughed in a long time and she fell into Oliver, her tears falling again, but this time it wasn't because she was sad. "I'm so sorry, Ollie, I'm such an idiot. I honestly thought... I don't know what I thought honestly. It all just sort of happened and I got all caught up in everything."She shook her head. "I need to ask you though, I'm going to quit teaching. I want to focus on us from now on. Us... and our baby. Is that okay with you?" She asked, grinning up at him now she knew they could be in this together. Finally, things were coming together in her life and Sloane was happier than she had been in years.

Oliver couldn't help but laugh when Sloane did as he cradled her in his arms. He didn't know what he'd done to put any doubts in her head about him but he was happy that she believed he was in this, he was there for her and for their baby. "It doesn't matter, all that matters is we're in this together," Oliver said as he rested his chin on top of her head and ran his fingers through her hair. When she said that she wanted to quit teaching he was a little surprised, as far he knew Sloane loved her job and no doubt would be sad to walk away from it but if she thought that was the best course of action then he wasn't about to argue. "Whatever you think is best I'll support you," He added kissing the top of her head. "Sloane," He mumbled as he pulled off her slightly so he could look her in the eyes. "Marry me,"

Sloane was many things, but easily surprised was not one of them. She had her head in the clouds most of the time, that much was true, but she prided herself on knowing people well. She was a great reader, so taking her by surprise wasn't an easy feat and yet, it seemed that Oliver wanted the record for surprising her as he moved away slightly and asked her to marry him. She wouldn't have called herself the marrying type if someone had asked her five years ago, but now? She still wasn't sure and the shock on her face must have spoke to Oliver as he pulled her close and whispered their future in her ear. It was a lovely dream and she wanted to share it with him, even if it didn't work out, she wanted to see where it would go. "Okay, yes. I would love to marry you." It wasn't an excited and overly enthusiastic yes, or a yelled yes or a throw her arms in the air yes, it was just a yes. A yes that told Oliver she was in this with him too, whatever that ended up meaning.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back