Watch it you.

Aroha Jennings

Wand
Coconut Wand 14 1/4" Essence of Star Dust
((This has been approved a wee while ago. I promise. If you as a GM or an admin didn't know that, PM me and I'll fwd you the approval thingmabob. 'Kays?? :) ))

Aroha was all bundled up, walking down the streets of Brightstone on her own. Her hair was loose, and it blew a little in the wind, underneath her woolly hat. It was cold, but not snowing. A particularly strong gust blew, and Aroha's hat was blown off. Turning back to get it, a small girl came bumping into her, knocking her over. "Oi. Watch where you're going!" Aroha sneered, annoyed at being pushed over into the ice.

Elspeth was walking through Brightstone Village, because her mum had told her to meet there. She looked down at her watch to check the time, when she walked into a second year. Elspeth apologised, red in the face. She was such a klutz! ANd now, in the middle of a crowded street, she had knocked some poor girl onto the freezing cold ice! She offered a hand to the girl, to help her up. "I'm really sorry, really. I'm a total klutz. Sorry!"

Aroha took the girls hand and allowed her to pull her up, still fuming. I'm a klutz too, I've had worse accidents than that actually. I guess thats.. fine. Who are you anyway?" Aroha figured that it would be good to know who the girl was, just in case of another incident like this one.

"Elspeth Brookes." She was glad the girl seemed to have no hard feelings. She shivered, as it was freezing just standing here. Suddenly, she saw her mother, walking up the street towards them. She looked angry. Elspeth hurried over. "Hi mum."

((sorry, liv, i just wasn't sure when she'd arrive. i'll edit the post if you want me to :wub: ))

Justine hid behind a tree, waiting for her darling Elspeth to come out. It was cold, but that didn't matter, as Justine had a jacket for Elspeth, as the girl had most likely forgotten her own. She scowled at an older looking girl, and began to move towards them angrily. "Elspeth! Sweety I missed you!!!!!! How has school been? Good? What house did you get into babe? And why didn't you write back to my letters? I know that school must be busy, but I was worried sick! You should have written back darling!! How am I meant to know that some older kid hasn't been bullying you? Which obviously has been happening." she called, covering her daughter in slobbery kisses. "Now, what's that girl's name?? Because I can talk to the headmaster if you like." she continued, embarrassingly loud enough for the hoards of shoppers to hear. Justine checked Elspeth over for bruises, and noticing a papercut she kissed it better.

((Overboard much?))

Elspeth pushed her mother away from her, mortified, cheeks flaming. "Mum! School's fine. Ravenclaw. I didn't have time to write back." She thought about the large pile of letters she had burnt in case anyone else saw them. "And anyway, I've never seen this girl before in my life, and I knocked her over." She wiped her face where her mother had kissed her. When she heard that her mother was planning to contact the Headmaster, she flinched. Glancing at the other girl, she said "Mum! No! You are so annoying! I just wish you'd leave me alone!" She turned, and started to walk away, humiliated.

"I'm Aroha Jennings. What house are y-" Aroha was cut off by a woman coming out of nowhere and starting to talk loudly. Obviously Elspeth was a mummy's girl. "Hey, look la-" Aroha was cut off again by the wonan continuing. Aroha stepped back, flinching at Elspeth's comments. "Listen. I have lived for 10 years with no parents. It's almost to the day. Honestly, she can't be so bad." Aroha resolved to try and keep things at least civil, even if the mother looked like she embarrassed Elspeth incredibly.

((Nope :p . Right guys, things are unfolding awesomely. You can join in now!!!!!))

"How could you not have time for your dear old mother! You're the product of me, I birthed you. No mean feat either. I expect you to write so that I know you haven't been eated by a pixie. You know how dangerous they are." Justine spoke loudly, not realizing that everyone was listening. She gasped at her daughter's rude comment. "Elspeth! Don't you dare! Look out for that pebble-" Justine rushed forward to stop Elspeth from 'falling over', ignoring the mean-girl and giving Elspeth a big hug, relieved that she hadn't smashed in her face on the cobbled street. "Sweety you have to look at where you're going. Okay? I don't want you getting a booboo. Now, I have your jacket here, you'd forgotten it. Here, let mummy tuck in your shirt..." Justine busied herself fixing Elspeth up, singing an old lulluby and tickling Elspeth's tum-tum.

((I know this seems a bit OTT, but some parents are apparantly like this.))

Slapping her mothers hand away, Elspeth backed away. She glared at her mother angrily, tears of humiliation filling her eyes. A small crowd had gathered, and most of them were people she knew. She put a good amount of distance between herself and her mother, and then shouted, "I wish you would just leave me alone! You always embarrass me like this! I hate you!" She turned away decisively, trying to calm herself down.

Justine went pale at the comment, chest tight with misery. "Y-you... you can't be serious. All this, I do it for you. Why are you so ungrateful? Did I raise you wrong?" Justine felt tears welling up, her little girl had broken her heart.

(Ceara, can you take over on Justine?)

Cynthia had many scathingly delicious articles to write about and was actually on break from her covering of the Tri-Wizard Tournament when she heard this little display. Her quick ears picked up on the embarrassing emotion the two were having and being the queen witch of mean she just knew that she should have a part in this. Pushing aside some bystanders Cynthia raised her hand as her Flashy Flash Filmer and Quick Quotes Quill rose to the occasion as if she would ever leave her home without them. "Excuse me!" Cynthia called out in a sweet voice as she continued her way towards the pair. "I couldn't help but notice this and have to say" Cynthia said with a smile towards the mother "That you two would be perfect for a piece I'm writing about mothers and daughter" Cynthia said turning towards the girl with a glimmer in her eye that could only hint at the malicious intentions Cynthia held. "I work for the Daily Prophet and you two just seem so... real" Cynthia said with excitement in her voice.

Lea looked on by as a mother and daughter fought in front of the whole street in Brightstone. Lea couldn't help but remember her mother and how they had fought about the smallest of things. As she studied the figures, she did recognise one, Aroha, she remembered he from the halfway house. What Aroha was saying was true, the younger girl was taking her mother for granted, Lea would give anything to have her mother to fuss over her, ir even her father at that. "Aroha? What's happening?" she asked the older girl.

Aroha fumed at the argument, not believing her eyes. She stormed up to the reporter furiously. "Look here lady." Aroha bristled to her full height, an incredible 1 metre 20. "What are you doing you old bat?! I've seen the codwallop that you write, and I swear that you'll just make matters worse. Am I the only one trying to keep this family together?!" Aroha was determined not to cry, she'd seen too many families ruined and didn't want Elspeth to lose the annoying mother that she had.

Cynthia turned to the other girl that had spoken to her so rudely "Excuse me, I don't think anyone was talking to you" Cynthia said with a smile though her voice was definitely higher pitched as she turned back to the mother. "I'm sorry about that, some people simply just can't handle the truth or are simply crazy in the head" Cynthia said with a slight whisper as she ignored the child whom she could care less about "Probably just jealous because of all the attention you and your beautiful daughter would receive" Cynthia added with another bright smile.

Aroha rolled her eyes at the woman. "I. Am not. Jealous." Aroha was past anger, past... whatever was one step ahead of anger. She was seriously about to hit the woman, and was so angry she didn't even notice her friend Lea.

Justine felt an odd pain in her heart, but assuming it was just heart-break she ignored it. "Darling... please... just listen." she pleaded with her daughter, the rest of the world blocked out.

((going to bed :( but might get up uber early to return to HNZ :p .))

Elspeth watched the unfolding scene with growing horror. She had hoped to escape her humiliating mother when she went to Hogwarts. And yet they had a reporter there, asking them questions! She was filled with a mixture of shame, embarrassment, and anger. When she heard her mother, she was so angry at her, she shook her head violently. "No! Don't touch me! Go away! I hate you! You always do this! I am so embarrassed!" She glared at her mother furiously.

Amélie was wandering in Brightstone village, not knowing what to do. She didn't need to buy anything and was only window-shopping when she recognised her roommate Elspeth further in the street. She was about to go greet her when she realised there was a scene going on, several people were starting to gather around Elspeth, an other Hogwarts student and a lady. Getting closer, Amélie understood that le lady was Elspeth's mom and they were having a fight. A pretty big one. She started to feel uncomfortable being part of a crowd witnessing a conversation that should have been private. She considered leaving but on the other hand, Elspeth seemed very upset and might need a friend to talk to afterwards.

Justine was starting to go dizzy, her daughter was spinning and the reporter was clicking and everything was going weird. "Elspeth, I tried so hard to make things right! Your father would- wouldn't want this..." the woman collapsed on the ground; her daughter hated her... Justine couldn't breathe, she was starting to panic. "Elspeth... please help me." she wheezed, chest tight. Elspeth knew what was wrong, right?

Elspeth lip trembled, and she felt guilty, but she didn't turn around. If she backed down now, her mother woud only do this again. It was for the best. She hoped. She bit her lip. She opened her mouth to speak, but nothing came out. She should turn around. She shouldn't. She frantically blinked back tears. She was going to turn around.

Justine spasmed, clutching her heart. "Elspeth..." It was no use. Her daughter wasn't going to turn around, and something was wrong with her heart. Now that her daughter hated her, there really was nothing worth living for. Justine gave up trying to keep her head up, laying it on the freezing grime of the street, and closing her eyes.

When Elspeth turned, she saw her mother lying on the ground, with her eyes shut. Elspeth froze for a split second, before kneeling, and trying to find a pulse. She couldn't find one in her wrist, but maybe she was doing it wrong. She tried the neck, but there was still nothing. She desperately searched in her memory for that first aid class she had done a few years ago. She was shivering with cold, which was distracting her. She couldn't remember! She rocked back on her heels. Her mother had been cold. She killed her mother. She gave her a heart attack. If I sit still enough, this wont have happened, and she'll meet me, and we'll go shopping and she'll embarrass me, and I won't mind. It's all a dream, and I'll wake up in a minute, and it'll all be fine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back