Blood Status
Pure Blood
Relationship Status
Seeing Somebody
Sexual Orientation
Pansexual
Wand
Knotted 16 Inch Unyielding Ash Wand with Augurey Tail Feather Core
Jigoku Arai absolutely missed this place. Everything about it. The Japanese school was interesting as well, with the color changing robes, but a part of Goku just missed Hogwarts New Zealand. However, he did not come back to tend to Vegeta at all. Goku was just going to enjoy the peaceful castle and the wonderful outdoors. The Slytherin robe felt nice upon his shoulders and form, as he walked in the corridor where the Gryffindors resided. Vegeta was likely in the dorms, sulking or something. The kid never really dealt with his problems. He was bullied for his name a long time ago, but Goku was as well. The difference in how it affected them were night and day. Vegeta allowed it to dwell, whereas Goku took up self defense courses, and martial arts. It was obvious who the more mature one was. Goku leaned on the wall, looking outside through the window. The forest sure looked nice today. He had not thought about venturing out there. A soft smile spread across his lips, revealing how gentle the boy could really be.

Vader had long figured out that there was a boy in his dorm with a twin brother. He had for a time realised that one of them hated him and the other was mostly indifferent, but he admittedly wasn’t always the best at figuring out which was which. He had realised that for a time, one of them, the one not in gryffindor had been away. Vader didn’t really like either boy, but he was left somewhat alone by both, so he’d been learning to deal with it. Vader was venturing back upstairs, the light on this wintery day had been quite nice outside, so Vader had bundled up in a thick jumper, a gryffindor scarf and a beanie hat and gone out to take some pictures. He hadn’t worn any gloves because it wasn’t easy to work a camera with gloves on so as he was heading back upstairs, he put his hands firmly into his pockets to warm them up. As he stepped on to the seventh floor and approached the gyrffindor common room with only the roaring fire in mind, Vader spotted a boy looking out of the window and it looked like he was both marvelling at the outdoors and waiting for someone. ”Hey, you waiting on someone? I can check if they’re in there?” Vader said approaching them in his preoccupation to get his hands warm he hadn’t realised this was one half of the pair he tended to try to avoid, his confidence and ease shot to the ground when he realised, his cheeks blushing furiously and he tensed waiting to see what would happen next.

Jigoku heard a voice coming from his direction, and he blinked a couple of times until he glanced in that direction. From what he understood, it was the boy that Vegeta picked on. Vader Hume. And, he looked rather cold. The Slytherin did not feel that since he had not been outside, and would prefer not to be. And, Vader spoke to him. He asked if Goku was waiting for someone. Goku shook his head, while he answered, "No, I was just admiring the view." Goku gestured toward the window, so that Vader could have a look if he wanted to. Though, since his history with his twin, it wouldn't be the best move for him. And, he would understand why. Goku leaned off of the wall and stepped toward the Gryffindor. "You are aware that I'm not Vegeta, correct? Jigoku, or just Goku." Goku wanted to be sure that was out in the open before he would continue. "To be honest, I don't want to deal with him anymore. His antics to deal with trauma don't need to be passed on to an innocent. So, no, I am most certainly not waiting for anyone - even him."

Vader took a second to look up and towards the view that he was commenting on, he had to imagine from the calmer and nicer tone that this was the nicer one. He couldn’t help but cower a little away as he stepped forward, if only to confirm that he wasn’t the one Vader was supposed to fear. He eyed him closely, as he continued going on about his brother. Vader wasn’t sure if he believed him, or if Jigoku was actually Vegeta and this was all a lie to get Vader to get his guard down. ”You’ll have to forgive me for not entirely believing you,” Vader replied with a harshness in his tone, one that somewhat surprised him and he was definitely ignoring the supposed trauma which seemed to almost be a justification for all of it. He sighed a little, he’d been having a good day and really if this was Vegeta he’d have already shoved him and moved on. Vader pulled off the hat from his head and placed it down on the window sill, he took off the outer clothes he’d put on and placed it all down into a small pile, careful to keep his camera safe as he did so. Vader’s fingers were stiff and pale as he rubbed them together to warm them up and he decided he should give Goku, if this was him a bit of a chance. ”The light is really nice right now, I think I took some good pictures of it outside. But the sun’s a lie, it’s very very cold,” as he spoke the coldness in his hands seemed to spread a little, causing Vader to shake a little and for once not because of an overdose of caffeine. ”Does Slytherin get any views?” Vader knew that Goku was the slytherin of the two, the one who’d spent time away from the school, so if this was just Vegeta in some massive ruse he’d find out with these questions. He ran a hand through the blonde hair, fluffing back the curls after the hair had spent time under the hat.

Vader still seemed to doubt him, but Goku could not blame him. Vader was ruthlessly bullied by Vegeta, and Goku didn't really do anything about it, because it wasn't his business before. Things changed as he got older, however. Goku felt that he had more in common with Vader, more so than Vegeta. Only, Goku handled things differently. "Considering who your roommate is, I cannot blame you. And, we are too young to brew the truth serum." Goku shrugged his shoulders. He watched as Vader removed the outer layers of the clothing, and saw that Vader's hands were cold. He wanted to offer him his, but he knew what that answer would be, so Goku did not bother. Goku gave a short nod as Vader claimed that the sun was a lie, and how cold it was. "I miss the spring already. When the dead come to life, so to speak." Goku commented. When asked if Slytherin got any views, he shook his head. "Not particularly. There are no windows to enjoy the sun in the dungeons. I wish we had the luxury of being like Hogwarts Scotland. At least they get to see the lake." Goku shrugged his shoulders. "You doubt my identity, and that was a test, wasn't it?"

OOC: I had to see the HNZ map because the castle isn't near the lake like in HS XD

Vader was beginning to trust him a little bit more when he didn’t immediately lose it with him, or throw the distrust back at him. He didn’t think he’d force this boy to take the truth serum, it was maybe a bit extreme but it didn’t matter because at this point neither of them could. He rubbed his hands together pushing the warmth back into them he raised them to his mouth and gently blew upon them, hopeful to not make them too stiff. He nodded as Goku talked about the spring, ”The flowers in the later spring, they make some really lovely pictures,” Vader agreed, he liked the spring but he loved the long summer nights. The long sunsets and the way the light just reflected so nicely upon everything. Vader listened and frowned a little when he spoke about the dungeons, it sounded horrible. He couldn’t imagine not having the views of gryffindor, given his somewhat awful pattern of sleep he’d seen a lot of sunsets and sunrises in the last year, he couldn’t imagine not having that. He was so focused on how terrible that was that he barely noticed the question, ”So there are no windows, like the light can’t stream in or anything?” he pushed it, ”Why wouldn’t they have built windows? Or have it be a little above ground?” Vader had plenty of pictures of the grounds, of the sun and he liked to look at them when the weather wasn’t good enough.

“I look forward to spring as well. The sunsets and bonfires are rather romantic, depending on the company,” Goku replied, almost in a daze as he recalled how spring was. He really looked forward to it, and hoped that one day, Vegeta would be able to actually enjoy the small things. The Slytherin listened to the Gryffindor explain how the views are. He did wish that he was in a different house, but a part of him was Slytherin. Perhaps it was the way he carried himself, and wished to do his own thing, versus Vegeta. Vegeta got the better view, and never took time to admire the sights. It was a disappointment. “I suppose it is mostly underground, somewhat of a basement. For that reason, I do miss my other school. Did not have to worry about spending time in musty air.” Goku paused for a moment, then asked a question, “Does my brother still insult you?”

Vader didn’t look at him while he spoke of bonfires being romantic. He didn’t think it was that romantic and he certainly didn’t want to even think about romance, he had Isabelle, and he didn’t have time for romantic things, it wasn’t that he didn’t want to do them because it felt forced and fake. He just nodded at him, still focusing more on the fact that the slytherin’s didn’t have much of a view, or really see anything. He decided he could help, helping this boy given who his brother was, seemed a little silly but he just didn’t think it was very right at all. He heard the last question and just gave a little nod, ”Yeah,” he spoke a little shyly before looking up and properly meeting Jiguko’s gaze, ”Just wait here,” Vader grabbed his scarf and hat and headed in the gryffindor common room and up to the dorm. He dumbed all of his outdoor wear haphazardly on to his bed and then pulled out a box. He grasped it in his still cold hands before heading back down. He was pleased to see Jiguko had stayed and then held the box out to him. ”I take hundreds of pictures of the school and the grounds, I hold on to them to get better and just in case I ever need them, you could look through them and take some for your dorm, I have plenty of spring and sunsets, so at least you’ll have a bit of the outside,” his cheeks flushed red and he was barely meeting Jiguko’s gaze but there was an eagerness and sincerity to his tone. ”I won’t mind if you take a lot either, if you want,”

As Vader told him to wait, Goku looked out toward the window, knowing that there had to be something he could help Vader out with when it came to Vegeta. How much did Vader know about Vegeta? Likely nothing, since Vegeta never spoke about his past to anyone. That was what made it so frustrating to get through to him. As Vader returned, Goku smiled gently. Vader was willing to share his photos, with him? That is so nice of Vader. This boy was bullied constantly, yet seemed to bare no ill will. “Thank you so much,” Goku took the box from him, sitting down in the corridor to have a look at the photos. The Slytherin needed to repay him somehow. “Vader, in return for this gift, would you like to learn some self defense? You see, Vegeta only has a big bark but no bite.” Goku thought that he would at least offer. After all, it would be nice to see someone stand up to Vegeta, other than himself.

Vader gave the other boy a smile as he sat down in the corridor and started to go through some of the pictures. Vader took his cue from that and sat down in front of Goku, ready to explain or help with the pictures to figure out which ones would be best to take. He was a little surprised when the boy spoke, to repay him for the gift. He gave a little frown, ”I don’t know,” he spoke honestly, averting his gaze from Goku and to the ground between them, ”What kind of self defence?” He asked with a small voice, ”Any time I ever fought back before it just made it worse….so I eventually stopped fighting back. If I fight back with Vegeta will he actually stop?” Vader asked quietly, not really looking up at Goku as he spoke, only imagining that it could get worse with him. So far Vader had managed to keep the good parts of his hogwarts life well away from Vegeta, but if he fought back would he be more bold in picking on him. Would it change in nature…”Couldn’t you just ask him to stop?” Vader knew it was pretty sad to ask the brother of his bully to go ask the boy to stop and likely it would do nothing but he didn’t really want to face him and make it worse, perhaps Goku could help it. ”But, you don’t need to repay me for these pictures you know, no matter how your brother treats me, you deserve to see the beauty of Hogwarts,” Vader added finally really looking back up at Goku and giving a nervous little smile.

Goku glanced up as he thumbed through some pictures, setting a couple in his lap that he really liked. The pictures he loved had more nature and less people in it. Goku thought over the type he learned, before he spoke, “Physical. Words won’t do anything with him. Spells won’t either because he is decent with them. I know martial arts, you see. Vegeta doesn’t know how to deal with someone who can fight back in that manner. He might have one good punch but nothing else. Someone who can fight better will scare him.” Goku felt that if Vader knew some good moves, then Vegeta would leave him alone. Then, he asked if Goku could get him to stop. Goku shook his head, “I can help outside of Gryffindor, but I know he will just continue relentlessly where I could not help.” Goku continued to look through some pictures, and occasionally looked up at Vader to see if his words would help. He smiled a little bit with what Vader said after not needing to repay him. “You also deserve to see the beauty of who you are, including your name.”

Vader could spot the sort of pictures that Goku liked, nature shots, he could go out to the gardens and get more of those so that Goku had more to pick from. He could understand why he wouldn’t want pictures of people, after all, he likely didn’t even know a lot of these people in the pictures. Vader was distracted from watching him as he replied to Vader’s questions. He didn’t feel good about the idea of physical fighting, Vader had never been very good at it. He had never managed to pack much of a punch and he had hated fighting Alice that one time that he had, he didn’t Vegeta, but he didn’t know if he could fight him. Vader nodded in understanding as Goku said the help he could give to prevent his brother would be limited to where, in the common room, there he would have no protection. ”I understand, I don’t know if I should fight him. Its not that bad,” he replied, lying a little at the end, he did always feel nervous around him, and he worried on occasion at night if Vegeta would make fun of him.
Vader’s cheeks became a deep shade of red at Goku’s words, he couldn’t possibly mean them. The gryffindor ducked his gaze away from him, unable to meet his gaze without his cheeks deepening in colour. He felt an odd flutter in his stomach, a strange warmth. He couldn’t help but shake his head a little, he didn’t know what to say other than no. ”I...ehh…..,” he faltered looking briefly up at Goku and then back down, suddenly his gaze was fixated on his own hands. He had never felt like this when Isabelle complimented him. He had had people at this school say nice things about his name, but this felt different. Why was it different…..”You mean behind all the exhaustion right?” Vader joked, find those were the only words he could say, make a joke about it, deny it, ignore it. He was with Isabelle, Isabelle’s compliments made him blush, he liked her. Her words made his stomach flutter and fill with warmth as Ava had described. He still wasn’t really holding Goku’s gaze. He felt nervous for no reason, his hands had begun to shake slightly, but he was making himself smile and pretend to be taking it lightly. ”My girlfriend loves pictures of flowers,” he blurted out, motioning vague to the pictures still in Goku’s hands, to one vaguely flowery.

Jigoku cocked his head to the side a little bit, as Vader told him that it wasn't that bad. He knew Vegeta though. It had to be really bad. For now, Goku wouldn't push it. He smiled gently, "Once it does become bad, I'll teach you to fight back. It'll also give us an excuse to hang out more." Goku figured that might be the gentle push that was needed. The boy turned her attention to the pictures, setting more and more aside for him to take, mainly of nature. The nature photos were what he enjoyed the most, since most of his time were spent in the dungeons. It seemed as though Goku's compliment made Vader a little speechless. Goku watched as Vader met his gaze, then unable to meet it again. Just looking at his hands. He must not receive compliments about his name. Only insults. Goku knew what that was like. Then, Vader cracked a joke. Vader did look exhausted. Goku laughed softly, and noted, "Yeah, behind the exhaustion." He would end it at that, since he felt that he made the boy a little bashful. But, he was still not holding Goku's gaze. Instead, while holding a picture of some flowers, Vader mentioned his girlfriend loves pictures of flowers too. Goku chuckled, nodding, "Can't say I blame her. She does have good taste then."

Vader couldn’t help but be a little surprised that Goku would want to spend more time with him, and really, Vader was not at all against the idea. It surprised him that he wanted that, given the link to Vegeta, but where vegeta was cruel, harsh and violent, Goku wasn’t. He barely knew him and was offering to him, something few had done before. Vader knew Ava would equally fight for him, but they were best friends, he could understand her, Goku, it wasn’t even because they were friends, though Vader would be lying if he said he didn’t want to be the boy’s friend. Vader was pleased that Goku went along with his joke, it eased Vader’s own tension that Goku wasn’t lingering on what he’d said or trying in some manner to get Vader to accept the compliment. He was trying to calm himself down a little to get beyond on it and continue getting to know Goku, him acting odd all of a sudden wouldn’t make the boy want to be friends, or maybe even stop him helping Vader when he realised Vader wasn’t worth it. He nodded vaguely when Goku said Isabelle had good taste, he looked up quickly at him, and forced a smile.
”I’ve always like pictures of sunsets or sunrise better,” he didn’t look at Goku when he spoke but leaned over and from the pile of pictures remain, went through a few of them, before he found what he wanted, two pictures, one of the sunset reflecting off the lake, with the last of the daylight shining upon the castle in a wide shot with the sky filled with purples, pinks and blues, the picture moved, but it was only the birds and the water that showed it and then the other was a picture taken from the cliffs with the sun just entirely clearing the water, the blues going from deep to pale daylight at the sun. He handed them to Goku, ”They just seem more peaceful,” he said finally looking at the other boy, ”Plus, not getting caught when trying to lug a camera, wide lens, tripod out to the cliffs makes the picture all the more worth it,”

Goku listened as Vader explained how he liked sunsets and sunrises better. As Vader found the pictures that he wanted to see, the Gryffindor showed them to Goku. The Slytherin could not help but awwh at them. His pale lips curled into a smile, admiring all the colors. Of course, sunsets to him were better than sunrises. There were no people in the background, but the movement of the birds and the waters, that was the best. Maybe it was even better than the flowers. “These are amazing, Vader. I can see why you like sunsets and sunrises.” The Slytherin wondered why he never bothered to go outside and watch these events. Goku just never had the time. He had to train to keep up with his health, and to stay active with his martial arts. “They are incredibly peaceful. It seems to make you feel like the world isn’t as bad as you originally thought.” Goku knew the world was bad, evil almost. That was why he learned to defend himself. “You don’t ask for help much, do you?” teased Goku, giving Vader a slight nudge.

Vader couldn’t help but be pleased that Goku seemed to like the pictures that he had picked out for him. He had always liked the peace that it had brought, he nodded at the statement that he made, he shied away a little from the compliment, ”I was just a bit lucky, you know,” he told him with a little shy expression. But at the light teasing he smiled a little, ”No one else is up at that time.” he returned with. He wouldn’t want to force anyone to join him when he was up that early spending his time lugging his equipment to watch the sunset or the sunrise, it didn’t matter that he didn’t get to go that often because of all the other work he had to do. The boy just shrugged a little, ”I should go, take your time with those pictures, and just get them back to me when you’re done,” the gryffindor told him. He got to his feet, ”But not here, like the accio room?” Vader spoke shyly, he didn’t want Vegeta to see it. Vegeta would find some way to make fun of him for it, or destroy it, so it would be better for Vegeta to not see any part of it. He wouldn’t mind if Goku mentioned it but knowing where they were would not be good. The teen gave a last nervous smile at the other boy before he rushed back into the common room. He didn’t know why Goku made him feel all weird….it would just be because he was nice. Just that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back