Status
Not open for further replies.

Patricia Styx

OOC First Name
Pattycakes!
Sexual Orientation
Hetrosexual
Wand
Ash Wand 14 1/4" Essence of Tail Hair of a Male Unicorn | Willow Wand 12 3/4" Essence of Gold Dust
Patricia ran out of the castle, still in her full Halloween outfit. As she ran she felt her tears fall from her eyes, all she wanted to do was crawl up in her bed and cry, let it all out, but she couldn't, she needed as much proof as possible right now. Her mind went back to a few weeks ago, just after the new school term had started. She and Hadan had got to talking and Patricia had found out they were related. Hadan had showed her a thing called a 'Family Tree' and set of names connecting everyone who was related. And true be told there she saw her own name connected with Kalif Styx and her mother. Patricia had studied the tree for a small period of time, looking at all of her new relatives. On that tree she saw one more that she knew (apart from her mother), Joseph.

As much as Patricia hated having to run to her father she knew he had a copy of the family tree. From what she was told each family member who died were 'crossed off' the tree. Well if Joseph really was dead, he would be crossed off. Finally reaching the Professor's office she tried to open, not bothering with pleasantries. When she discovered that the door was locked she started to bang on it as hard as she could - her beater practice was evident. "Open up! Now! I know you're in there!" she shouted as loudly as she could.

Just returning from St. Mungos and assisting in taking his sister home, he entered the school grounds with a rather irritation expression draped over his facial features. With long steps going to his office, he heard a voice shouting... And it was coming from the outside of his office. Kalif narrowed his eyes as he saw the daughter that he never bothered to claim mainly because he wanted her to have a choice in her life, and he would not care about whichever she chosen. Approaching directly from behind, he folded his arms across his chest and Kalif made himself known. "If you are trying to break the door down, you might as well forget it." With a subtle wave of his hand, the door clicked and it opened. "Anything I can do for you, Ms. Rogers?" Kalif stared down at her, assuming it would be over Joseph's loss. But still, why run to him?

Patricia continued to beat against the door, why is he not answering? she thought to herself, irritated. She knew he had to be here, he wasn't up at the castle enjoying the festivities, so he was bound to be in his office. Hearing a voice from behind her Patricia brought her fists down to her side. Tears still in her red eyes she turned to face the man that she never thought she would have to confront face-to-face, especially not in this situation. Taking a few shaky breaths, she was going to remain strong in front of him - he didn't deserve to see her weak. "The family tree. I want to see it now!" she demanded, not breaking contact with the man.

Kalif folded his arms across his chest, and half expected her to break down on the ground in front of him. However, it was apparent that she was stronger than he anticipated. Either her mother isn't as weak as I remember her to be or she does have a bit of my blood in her. Kalif glanced inside his office after hearing her request, and he said nothing more. How she knew about that tree, he could only assume that someone in the family showed her, more than likely Hadan. Entering his office, he went behind his desk and opened a drawer after unlocking it. Kalif pulled out a sheet of parchment, and he unfolded it completely. The evidence was there. Joseph's death date was today. "If that is not enough proof for you, know that this tree never lies, nor do I joke. I was there, and I had to break the news to my sister and your mother," informed Kalif. The event in itself did not phase him, but seeing family affected... Kalif did not like being around it.

Patricia stared at the man in front of her, waiting for him to make his move. She wasn't going to be the first to break! She watched as he turned and walked into his office. Patricia was shaking like a leave, she tried to pass it off as the cold night air and her light dress, but she knew it was to do with the fact that she was about to find out the truth. Patricia really did trust Niccy and Professor King but she didn't want to believe them, she didn't want to believe that her brother was dead. Walking behind him she watched his every move, from opening the drawer to setting the family tree on the table, it was as if it was like in slow motion. Cautiously she walked over to the desk and looking down at the family tree. He fingers traced the lines from the start to the finish. She cringed when she saw a line connecting herself and the man standing beside her, it was one thing to know it was true but to actually see it there in front of her was something completely different. Moving her fingers over to the picture of her brother she listened to the man's words.

He was there? she turned her face up to him. "Wh..why were you there?" she stuttered. When he finished his sentence a pang of guilt hit her like a tonne of bricks. Her mother. She hadn't seen nor spoken to her since she left for Hogwarts at the beginning of the term. She knew that she would have to make amends and despite having been so cold to her mother for so long, she knew her mother would forgive her instantaneously - even though she didn't deserve it. "How are Natallia and mum?" she asked almost in a whisper, if she thought she took it badly she dreaded to think how her mother and sister-in-law were taking it. She had yet to look at the family tree to find Joseph, she couldn't bring herself to do it.

Kalif answered, "Because my sister asked me to fetch him, and when I got there, the accident happened. I couldn't stop it, even if I wanted to." Kalif was stating the words and even though he was being rather cold about it, it was facts so that they would enter Patricia's head. Kalif's gaze fell to the tree, and he recalled the memory. He sighed and he shook his head, "If I were phased by that sort of emotion, then I would have been devastated as well, or in the very least sad. Let's just say that it was...loud. Not even I would have wanted you there to see that. No child needed to be around that." Kalif stood up straight, before taking the tree and folding it back up and putting it into his drawer. Kalif stared down at Patricia, and fell silent. He was not one to comfort someone, as he had no experience in it.

Patricia let the words flow through her, she was determined to let everything sink in, to know every detail, before breaking down. When Kalif mentioned an accident Patricia began to wonder, what kind of accident? But it didn't take her too long to figure out what had happened. "Him and those stupid rallies!" she muttered angrily to herself. He knew how dangerous they were yet he insisted on going to them, he never missed one. "Wait what did Nataliia want him for? Is everything OK?" she asked, panicked, it was too early for Nataliia to have given birth, wasn't it.

When Kalif recounted his thoughts when her mother and Nataliia were told Patricia let a small shiver go down her spine. By no means had she expected the situation to be a calm one, but still hearing about it was upsetting. She appreciated Kalif's words, it sounded strange coming from him, maybe he does have some fatherly instincts in him after all Patricia thought to herself, but now wasn't the time or place. She simply nodded her head in agreement, he was of course correct, she wouldn't have liked to see that. As Kalif removed the tree from under her Patricia caught a glimpse of a big cross, near the bottom, quickly focusing in on it she did indeed see Joseph. Her heart sank, it was true! A single tear fell from her eyes, she could do nothing else but cry for her dead brother.

"Her daughter was born today. She wanted him there, but it seemed he was dead not too long after she was born," he answered Patricia. Kalif shook his head as he did not know what else to say once more. By no means was Kalif a comforting man, and he figured as much that she would end up crying. If she did not, it would shock him. Kalif walked around his desk, and put a gloved hand on Patricia's shoulder and he said, "You might as well let it all out now. It will only hurt worse later." Kalif took his hand off of Patricia's shoulder, and he walked over to the other side of the office. Kalif could not help but be curious, who did tell Patricia of this news? Kalif stared out the window for a moment, before he rolled his eyes and went back over to his desk. He would just have to wait to see what she would do before he would resume back to his own activities.

Patricia listened to the man explain why Nataliia had been looking for her husband today. She let out a small gasp, one of excitement, shock, and of course hurt for the baby girl who would never know her father. "Joanna." she said fondly to herself. A cliché line went though her head, when one door closes another one opens she hated at how true those words were right now. Patricia felt Kalif's hand on her shoulder, she was surprised at the gesture but now wasn't the time or place to think about their problem.

At his words Patricia nodded her head lightly, she knew he was right but she couldn't bring herself to cry right now. Letting a small flow of tears fall out of her eyes, she sobbed silently for a few minutes. Patricia felt the quiet consume the two beings in the office, she needed to get out - she knew she wouldn't be able to cry in front of the man. Standing up she whipped her eyes and asked him, "Do you know Nicolette Hensel?" she asked, she wanted the woman to know Professor King had passed on the news.

Taking his seat behind the desk, Kalif folded his arms over his chest. The name wreaked of the name of that muggle. Kalif did not like it, but it was not his choice. Instead, he just said nothing about it, and he went on his own way. The child that will never know her father. Doesn't that sound familiar? Kalif mused in his mind. As much as he did not appreciate crying and sobbing, he figured that it could be no worse than Kailie. Especially when she kept asking him where her mother was. Kalif could not tell her that his father killed her, so just ignored the question. Sooner or later, she will learn. Kalif heard the dreadful name of that bubbly Death Eater. He rolled his eyes and he said rather distastefully, "Unfortunately, I do." His cold gaze went back to her, as if questioning her nonverbally as to why she asked that.

Patricia frowned at Kalif's obvious displeasure to the name, why unfortunately? But she wasn't going to ask, the less she knew about her father's personal life the better - for both of them no doubt. Shaking the thoughts out of her head she returned his gaze and started talking again, "Tell her...tell her thanks." she said lamely adding a soft shrug of her shoulders. Even though it wasn't exactly Niccy who had told Patricia the news she was the one who told Professor King - yes it was still horrible to have to hear the news of her brothers death, but to hear it from someone like Professor king was somewhat easier than hearing it from a family member.

She wants me to deliver a one worded phrase to the miserable and pathetic excuse for a Death Eater? Kalif doubted that he would do such a thing. However, he did not doubt that he would see Nicolette again. In fact, Kalif rather expected it. She seemed to bump into him more often than he pleased. Not to mention her hanging around Cecily and Prodan dragging him to go see his beloved. It was sad that Kalif just had to go see Cecily with Prodan, but Kalif did not really have a choice. He had to make sure that his disguise remained. Sighing, Kalif responded to Patricia, "As much as I hate talking to her, I'll mention that you said what you want her to know." His gloved fingers tapped his arm absently, more or less a habit for when he was either irritated or not looking forward to something in particular. In this case, relaying a message to Nicolette from a daughter Kalif was not about to claim anytime soon.

Patricia frowned her eyebrows at the cold words her father (even though she hated to admit it) used when speaking about Niccy. The woman was nothing but kind, supportive and just nice to Patricia when she was at rock bottom, even though she was right back where she started now, so why was he so cold towards her? "Hey! I don't know what problem you have against Niccy, but lay of her alright? It might do you some good." she said in harsh words to the man. Patricia had no idea what just came over her, she had never spoken to a Professor like that before, but her blood was boiling. She stood there, hands clinched into fists, breathing hard after her outburst. She felt scared at what he might say or do to her but she kept a strong front.

When the harsh words were spoken, Kalif felt somewhat amused. Though this did not reveal upon his stone-cold features. Kalif spoke, his words icier than before, "You know nothing about what she is, who she is. My problem with her is nothing short of attitudes that clash. I can say much, much worse things about her that can make a priest swear." Kalif stood up, his hands remaining still as he glared at his daughter. "I don't think you really have that sort of issue with me not liking Nicolette. Something tells me it is much deeper. What is your real issue with me? I am pretty sure I know what it is already." Kalif narrowed his dark, bleak eyes at the small Hufflepuff female. If it was one thing that was clear to him, even if he did not believe it before, she did seem to have his children's traits.

Patricia continued to glare at her father, she knew all she needed to know about Niccy, the man clearly didn't know what he was talking about. Patricia followed him through her narrowed eyes. What was coming over her? She looked up at the man, fear heightening in her body as he towered over her, but she wasn't going to give in. When her father began to talk again she rolled her eyes, visibly, she couldn't believe he was actually going to try and analyse her. "I have no issue with you. It's just..." Patricia thought about her next words, she wasn't sure what to say.

She didn't have a problem with him, he was what he was and she couldn't change that, but it didn't mean she didn't like the situation. Letting out a sigh she continued, "It's just when I found out that you were my father my life was turned upside down. I didn't know what to believe any more, everything just got ruined." she said, feeling tears starting to well up in her eyes again. "But I don't want to talk about it, and I'm sure you don't either. So can I just go? Unless you want to say something." she asked, leaving him open to say anything.

He rolled his own eyes. "Denial," he muttered. Instead of walking over to Patricia, he walked on past her, and toward the door. Kalif made sure it was shut, before he sealed it with a spell. Turning around, his arms back over his chest, Kalif ordered, his tone much more frightening than that he used in class, "Sit down." Kalif grew more and more agitated, but he would not show it. He refused to. Kalif began, "I am your father, whether you like it or not. As someone who has been one for quite some time now, even I know what is bothering certain people, especially those related by blood." The door leading outside would only open to his own wand, and she would have to stay in the office until he decided it was fit to release her. He walked back over to his desk, but did not sit down. He stared at her and he said, "You have been holding this in for months now, I'm assuming. Now, you are going to talk about it. Here. Now." Kalif may not be the best father in the world, but he knew how to get things done, his own way. It was effective, nonetheless.

Patricia rolled her eyes again as Kalif muttered under his voice. As she rolled her eyes her gaze fell upon him, moving towards to the door, what is he doing? she thought to himself. When she heard the click of the door locking shut she looked up at him with wide eyes. As she was about to shout back she heard his words. She stood frozen for a moment, fear making her glued to the spot. Finally her body relaxed a bit, glaring at him once again she mirrored his movement of crossing her arms over her chest. She listened to him talk, but refused to sit down. After having Professor Rowann use the Imperius curse on her she refused to let anyone make her do something she didn't want too.

Patricia continued to listen to his words. When he finished she took a deep breath and began. "OK, you want to talk about it, we'll talk about it. So you're my father huh? Well where the hell have you been the past 14 years of my live. And before you say anything I know mum never contacted you but she couldn't what about that nifty little family tree of yours there," she said indicated to the desk where the family tree had been stored away moments ago, "What was it broke at that time?" she asked sarcastically. "So now you're in my life and you think you can just boss me about and I'll do what you say like a good daughter, well sorry to disappoint you dad but it's not going to happen like that. You may be my father but I will never forgive you for ruining my life." she said, tears starting to role down her cheeks.

If that is how you want it, then fine. Kalif smirked slightly, "I assume the little Hufflepuff has more of her father in her than she wishes, as she refuses to listen to authority." His words cut like daggers to flesh, as his irritation grew. Kalif listened to her, and unfortunately, he had answers to all of these. Whether or not she would believe him, that was beyond him. Kalif shook his head and he answered coolly, "I have been raising my own family, Jaken and Alessine by the time you were born. Alessine is dead now, but that is besides the point. If you thought that I would abandon my wife at the time, and my two children to raise one with a woman I don't even like whose blood is against our traditions, then you are wrong. I would have done something, I would have figured it out then, but I cannot reverse time. I'm not Merlin."

Kalif unfolded his arms, and he took out the tree once more. "This family tree is a replica of the true one. Whatever happens on the true one, it is hidden from these replicas. My father found out about you and Anne, and he burned you two off because you are a spawn from a muggle. He does not appreciate muggles very much at all, more or less hates them. I forced myself to forget, and when I did not see you on the family tree, I did not know you even existed. I had to reason to inquire the hidden or burned off members from the tree, so if you have a problem with that, you take it up with your grandfather." Kalif put the tree down on the desk, and he continued, "Now he chooses to reveal all, for reasons even I do not know."

Kalif's stare had fallen to the tree, but was now back on Patricia. "Believe it or not, I am not the entire blame for all this. If you want to blame me, fine. Truth is, it is not only my fault, but your mother's, and my father's for hiding this information from me. I expect nothing more from you besides good grades. I will only see you as a student, because I am your professor, not a father. I am not the one who taught you words, magic, none of the sort. I can never replace that muggle husband of Anne's, and I don't want to either. I can be in your life, or I can be out of it. It is your decision ultimately, and to be honest, I don't know if I would mind either way. Life goes on, and no one's life is perfect. You are going to hit bumpy tracks along your path, and Patricia, you better get over this or else you might end up being lower than the ground you walk on. I don't want your forgiveness, and I don't expect you to see me like Jaken, Kaleb and Kailie do today. I did have another son in your situation, but instead of acting like a three-year-old and pouting about it, he accepted it and chose to be in the family."

His gaze did not soften a bit, even though he did reflect his attitude as he would with Kaleb. Kalif's voice softened, but the coldness never left it, "I'm not going to make you accept me in your life. I'm not that type of person. It's your life, and you have full control of it."

Patricia cringed at his words, "I am nothing like you and I never will." she said under her voice, not really caring if he had heard her or not. Once Patricia had finished talking she quickly unfolded her arms so she could whip away the tears that were starting to role down her cheeks. She hated how unemotional Kalif was in his words, just the usual coldness remained in his voice. She listened to him talk, her mind whirling as he did so. With just his voice in the background Patricia began to think back to the family tree, that was her family. She had other brothers, sisters, aunts, uncles, cousins; a whole new family. She felt sick at the thought of having a new family, if they were anything like Kalif she didn't want to know them, then again Hadan is alright she thought to herself. Shaking the thoughts out of her head she continued to listen to him.

His words began to hit home with her. She knew he wasn't completely to blame but it to the 14 year old it made sense to blame him, sure she had blamed her mother too but she knew now she'd have to build that bridge again, and soon. Patricia remembered what Niccy had told her and she knew she had to get out the rut she was in, Kalif wasn't the problem and she had to accept that. She rolled her eyes at the comment about being a three year old, she was far from it she was a teenager and by unspoken right was allowed to pout every once in a while. After he finished talking she stood there in the slience, letting the words sink in.

After sometime she sighed and looked at him, her eyes stinging with tears, "Fine. I know you're not to completely to blame and I don't really blame you it's just..." She couldn't hold them in any longer, she finally let the tears flow. Leaning against the desk for support she felt the strength in her legs go once more like they had earlier. With her hands covering her eyes she tried to speak through the sobs, "It's just...my life was perfect...but then you...an...and now Joe. This wasn't meant to happen!" she said with a mixture of hurt and anger in her voice.

As much as seeing any daughter of his crying, all Kalif was reminded of was Alessine. If it was one weakness or nerve that could affect Kalif completely, it was his children. Any of them, even if they were not his before this year. Kalif said, his voice less cold than his usual voice, one that he normally used when speaking to Kailie, "Patricia, I would not ask this even on my worst enemy. Take that back, I would, but not on someone such as yourself. No one's life is perfect, remember that. If you have issues with losses, then I would advise you speak to Hadan. She knows all about them and more." Kalif's gaze fell to the desk, and noticed how she was holding herself up. "This was why you should sit down. You could easily fall with how stressed out you are." Kalif's voice could not be described as nice or polite, but rather bland and in monotone. He was not raised to be sympathetic, or depressed, or anything of the sort. This was about as much she would ever receive. Kalif's cold, empty gaze landed onto the teenager once more. Why must I end up in these sort of situations? If this is like the stress Father goes through, then I have no idea how he handles it. Even though his thoughts were not very optimistic, the way Kalif was raised, he could easily handle as much as Asparuh can.

Through her sobs Patricia listened to her father talk. Maybe her life wasn't perfect but she had felt like it was, she had a loving family (despite their tiffs every so often they did love each other), she had friends who would do anything for her and her them. If that didn't count as a perfect life, what did? When he mentioned to speak to Hadan about losses she decided not to ask why, she would more than likely talk to Hadan soon anyway. When Kalif spoke again she pulled herself up, she didn't know why but she didn't want to seem weak in front of Kalif. Whipping away her tears as much as possible she looked at him and said, "I think it would be better if I just go to my dorm now. Can I leave now? I've done what you wanted." Her voice clearly showing how exhausted she was, physically, mentally and emotionally.

Kalif just hoped that she would stop crying soon. It was truly irritating. Kalif heard her words and he started toward the door. With a wave of his wand, the door clicked and it edged open. "I don't see why not. You have no further purpose here." Kalif turned and stepped aside so that she could leave without him being in the way whatsoever. Kalif folded his arms across his chest and if he could have had a less dramatic night, then he would have been in a much better mood. Kalif's expression had hints of aggravation in it, but it was hard to tell.

Patricia let a sigh of relieve escape her lips. She slowly made her way to the door, trying to find her strength. Standing at the door she felt the cool night breeze hit her face. Turning to face Kalif one last time she said, "I'm sorry about this. Goodnight." Patricia walked out of the Professor's office and made her way up to the castle, she had a feeling that the feast would be just finishing she wondered if she could possibly catch Ruki before heading up to her dorm, she had to apologise to him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back