Wanna Learn?`

"Yeah" Arnold said in a low voice scratching the back of his head "Bummer" he whispered and start laughing

"Oops, sorry. I, uh, have a knack for ruining jokes..." she said, looking rather embarassed. She thought of what her mum would say: "stop being so hard on yourself, Violet!". But she couldn't help it. She wasn't particuarly self-confident.

((oh lol, I was in a French exam this very morning! =P))

"Its okay Violet!" Amy said smiling at her. She didn't seem to be very confident although Amy wasn't quite sure as to why. She didn't really want to bring the subject up either and so she just left her comment at that.

Violet looked thoughtful. "I've said it before and I'll say it again, I'm a really terrible teacher. So, seriously, I don't know. What type of things would you like to learn?"

Violet grinned. "Easy as un, deux, trois," she laughed. "One, two, three. Un, deux, trois."

Violet took a breath, closed her eyes, and said slowly and clearly, "un, deux, trois, quatre, cinq, six, sept, huit, neuf, dix."
She grinned as she opened her eyes and looked at Arnold. "Your turn!"

Arnold listen "M-m-my turn?" Arnold repeated wide eyes
Arnold tried "un, deux, trois, quatre, cinq" he said then paused scratching his head "erm, six, sept, huit, neuf, dix." hecontinued "I guess I said it right, thanks!" he said

Violet clapped her hands, then stopped abruptly, a little embarassed. "Er, oops. Got a little carried away, there! But well done! And once you learn the basics with French numbers, it all becomes addition. Like the number eighty, it's 'quatre-vingt', which literally means 'four-twenties'." She desperately hoped that made sense.

"Your doing really well Arnold! How about 10-20 now then?" she said grinning.

"Dix, onze, douze, treize, quatorze, quainze, seize, dix-sept, dix-huit, dix-neuf vingt!" she said smiling.

((Please correct any of my spellings if they're wrong Violet!))

((really good! except it's quinze =P))

"Ready to try?" Violet asked Arnold, a cheeky grin illuminating her emerald eyes.

((I had a feeling that didn't look right...thanking you muchly :D))

"Yeah go on Arnold, give it a go!" Amy said encouragingly.

((lol, it's very easy to type it, but everytime I read it and try to speak it, it's very hard :lol: ))

"Ok" Arnold replied hoping he can do it "Dix, onze, douze, treize" he started "quatorze, quainze, seize, dix-sept, dix-huit, dix-neuf vingt" he finished it again, impressed but slightly confused "I got it, I'm quite confused about this french numbers but, nevermind, at least I got to learn them right" he said cheerfully

((Just had an idea, would it help if I spelt the numbers phoenetically?))

"Excellente!" Violet said, in a French accent. She turned to Amy. "So, what next?"

"C'etait excellent" Amy said happily, smiling at both Arnold and Violet. "Erm," she looked around her for inspiration on what to do next. "How about lessons?" she asked, thinking that it might be handy, they weren't really any different then how you said them in english it was just the placing of the "l'" in front of them, she thought.

((lol guys, i changed my character. just thought i'd throw that out there.))

Violet shrugged. "Good idea." She turned to Arnold. "So, do you like l'histoire de magique?" she asked. "Or maybe l'astronomie?"

Arnold smiled "Ok I think I knew that" he replied slightly laughing as it was just sounded a like at english "I think I like them both, but the classroom of Astronomy" he paused "I better bring a bat everytime I enter the room to hit any planets or anything who'll be passing over me" he said jokingly "Et toi?" he asked them both grinning

"Ooh. The Astronomy classroom's really cool," Violet gushed, in English. "Not my favourite subject, though. Erm, j'aime...oh gosh, Amy, how do you say Defence Against the Dark Arts in French?" she said, giggling. "Bah, you know. J'aime beaucoup l'histoire de magique, that other one, and le Transfiguration." she laughed, louder. "Sorry! I'm losing it, here!"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back