Wanna Learn?`

Arnold Ababueva

Wand
Bloodwood Wand 15 1/4" Essence of Phoenix Ash
Arnold walked towards the lake and waited for the girls, he had already send an owl telling them about this, he got some stone and start throwing it at the lake hope the squid will not show up he thought and waited eagerly to start speaking new language.

Amy had recieved an owl from Arnold ealier in the day and had read it smiling. She knew he was keen and was happy that she could actually help someone. She guessed Violet would also be there and she happily made her way down to the lakefront. On approaching she saw Arnold throwing stones into the lake, and coming to stand next to him, smiled and said "Bonjour".

Amy smiled, "Ah, je suis tres contente merci et toi?" she asked, thinking that he was doing really well for someone who claimed to know very little or speak very little.

"Oui c'est correct!" Amy said encouraging. Amy went on to explain further, "Tres contente is just 'very happy or content'" she said hoping that helped.

Arnold smiled "I brought some parchment and a muggle pen, in case I need them" he said checking his pocket if he had brought it with him and laugh a bit "Maybe it's better if we could wait for Violet for a while" he said gesturing Amy to sit at one of the stones

"Someones prepared" Amy said smiling at Arnold. "Yeah thats a good idea" she agreed and sat herself down. "So how are things going for you then?" she asked smiling.

Arnold walked towards the stone and sat to one of it then smiled back to Amy "Erm, tres bien, et toi?" he said a little shame "Is it right? I'm awful" he added

((I got the list at my desk and just pick out the words :D ))

"Yeah its right! Your doing really well!" Amy said encouragingly. "Moi? Oui c'est d'accord" she responded accordingly.

Amy smiled, and then remembered, she hadn't translated what she had said. "Oh sorry!" she exclaimed. "It just means 'Me? Yes its okay'" she said smiling.

((gah, sorry. assignments/work/feeling generally sick has kept me away))

Violet rushed down to the lakefront, looking a little worse for wear.
"Sorry!" she called. "I was, uh, having a rest." She looked a little sheepish. "Bonjour, Amy, bonjour, Arnold."

((No worries :D ))

Arnold smiled then stood up when Violet came rushing in "Bonjour Violet" he said a little worried "We're sorry to disturb your rest, maybe you can teach me sometime, it's more better if you take some rest" he said smiling at her

Amy watched as Violet approached. She looked a little..'worse for wear' as Amy could only think to put it.
"Bonjour Violet, cava?" she said asking her friend if she was okay with concern on her face.

Violet shook her head. "Oh, no, I'm fine!" she exclaimed. Then, remembering that she was supposed to be speaking French, she added "un petit rhume...a little cold. Ca va?" she asked Amy and Arnold, smiling as she sat down next to them.

Violet grinned. "Tu es bien, oui?" she asked.

Violet blushed. "Ooh, sorry. It means 'you are good, yes?'. Yeah, it's not very good English..."

Amy had once again allowed her concentration to drift slightly, to back home and the conversations her and her dad used to have in french. She was brought back to earth with a bump when she heard Arnold ask something but she wasn't quite sure what. "I'm sorry, my concentration drifted slightly, what was it you asked?" she said smiling, hoping that they both didn't think her strange.

"Hard to learn?" Violet asked. "Oh, very hard. As it is, I still can't quite get my accent right...nor do I know that many words. Don't worry, though. It won't take very long to get a grip on it." She smiled, hoping that answered Arnold's question.

Amy listened as Violet seemed to reiterate the question,'Hard to learn?' she heard Violet asking and then knew what he had asked. She thought about Arnolds question. She could truthfully answer that it had just come naturally to her, she had grown up speaking both french and spanish, english being her last language. However after the age of 5 spanish was no longer spoken in the household, only french and english. She had grown up speaking it and so it seemed no different to her than speaking english. She grinned as she heard Arnolds question, "Nice try Arnold" Amy said laughing. "Unfortunately, Violet reiterated your question before she answered" she said still laughing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back