Wandering

Amber Watson

Amber was walking the halls she had just finshied her lessons and was free for the rest of the day. "i think a nice stroll" she said to her self. She turned the cornor and bumped into someone.

Knowing he required a high standard of marks from his exams, Ruki had been spending much of his time studying the work he had learnt in the previous months. Even though he was soon transferring from this dark and depressing institute, he was still disciplined enough to know when hard work was required.

As he hurried towards the library, Ruki paid little attention to his surroundings. What would be the point. Just glancing at the walls was enough to remove all sense of enjoyment from the place. As he headed towards a corner, another student rounded it and bumped straight into him; causing Ruki to re-coil and pull out his wand. As his eyes flashed over the object in front of him, Ruki realised what it was.

In the split second he had realised, he re-positioned his feet; straightened himself; and proceeded to lower his wand. "Excuse me." Ruki apologised. "You startled me.". Ruki's eyes where now examining the girl he had almost collided with.

Amber looked at him. "my bad I didn't pay attintion to..." she cut her self off and looked at him.

As the girl spoke, Ruki noticed she had cut her sentence in mid-flow. Raising his eyes to meet hers, Ruki enquired "To what?"; whilst a puzzled look formed upon his face. Slightly confused as to why she had failed to finish her sentence without just cause or meaning, Ruki wondered what it was she was looking at. "What are you looking at, anyway?" he questioned.

Still caught up in the incident moments before, and with the thoughts of his exams weighing heavily on his mind; which where only surpassed by the thoughts of his transfer, Ruki began to feel slightly annoyed. He had too much work to read through, and very little time to do it in. Once again, his mind was flooded with thoughts of purposely failing; to give up the exams. What did they matter to someone who was leaving.

Ruki's disciplined conscience told him the hard work was required. Moving schools or not, he would need to set an excellent impression in New Zealand; allowing him to prepare for his future. Seeing the girl look away from him, Ruki caught her blushing slightly. He had been somewhat rude to her seconds before. However justified he was to be rude, seeing how she never apologised for almost knocking him over; she was a member of the opposite sex, and therefore required courtesy and politeness.

"Okay." Ruki spoke. "I'm sorry, I'm just a little bit rushed this week." he explained. "Forgiven?" Ruki asked, his mouth forming a smile.

Amber smiled. "yeah you have exams?" she asked knowing she could help him. "i could help" she said.

Seeing the girl smile back at him, Ruki felt relieved he hadn't dis-respected her. His parents had taught him from an early age how to act around people. Ruki couldn't help thinking it was a shame they hadn't took their own lessons. This was one memory, amongst others, which pushed him to try at everything; even if he failed. Failing didn't matter. Ruki had wanted to prove his parents wrong about him ever since he could think for himself.

A question was asked by the girl now. Ruki thought for a moment. "Exams. Yea. I need to study, but my mind is elsewhere.". Ruki knew all to well that books wouldn't remove the thoughts of leaving. Since the girl had offered to help, he politely accepted. "Sure, you could help.". There was no point in denying he required as much help as he could find. "I was just headed to the library, unless you have somewhere else in mind?" Ruki asked, knowing he would prefer to sit out-side of the depressing castle that seemed to hold him captive.

Amber wanted out of the castle so she said. "how bout outside?" she asked him hoping he wouldn't mind.

The word he had been looking for was spoken by the girl in front of him. There wasn't much sun out-side, but it was certainly a lot brighter than in-side the castle. Ruki nodded and smiled again toward the girl. "Out-side sounds perfect.", he said. "After you.". Ruki indicated with his hand for her to lead, as it was the politer action to take.

Amber led out side and sat down by her faviorte spot to study as she sat down and pulled up her knees rest her chin on she noticed that her bag had opened up.

Reaching the exterior of the Durmstrang Institute, Ruki felt slightly relieved as he took a deep breath; and exhaled slowly. It certainly felt good to be out-side, even if it was always cold. Noticing the girl take a seat, Ruki placed his books onto the floor; and took a seat opposite her. Smiling, he realised he hadn't properly introduced himself to her.

"We may as-well get the formalities out of the way." Ruki spoke. "I'm ROO-kev-ra." he pronounced, whilst offering his hand towards the girl sat across from him.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back