Wandering

Elizabeth Malfoy

Elizabeth wandered near the outskirts of the dungeons. She was looking for something. When she came to a statue of a serpent, she began to feel around the base of it. "I know he said it was here somewhere..."

She found a little lever, that made the statue jump and a compartment popped open. She heard a noise behind her, simultaneous to the statue jumping. She quickly turned around.

"Hello," Fiammetta said, blushing. She hadn't expected anyone to be down in the dungeons this late. "I was just exploring." She peeked around the girl and saw a passage that was open. "Wow, cool!" she stated. Realizing that she hadn't even introduced herself to the girl she said, extending her hand, "Oh, how rude of me! I'm Fiammetta Wood, Fia for short."

"Oh!" Elizabeth turned a shade pinker. "Hi... I'm sorry. I was exploring too... I mean, I knew this was here."

She turned around, and stood up a little. "Sorry, I'm Elizabeth Malfoy. You can call me Liz though." She smiled.

"Malfoy, Malfoy..." Fia murmered, releasing Liz's hand, remembering something her brother had told her. "Any relation to Draco Malfoy?" she asked.

Liz shrunk back, looking hurt. She'd gotten this reaction before.

"Yes, infact. He's my father." Elizabeth smiled a little bit. "And that's just what he is- my father. Not me."

Elizabeth turned a started crawling into the secret passage and paused for a second. She looked like she was thinking. She turned her head, smiling a bit more than before, "So, are you coming?"

Realizing a little too late by Liz's reaction, Fia realized that she had phrased her question slightly judgementally. "I'm sorry," she said, "I didn't mean it like that!" She watched as Liz began to go into the secret passage, "And of course I'm coming!" She said, beginning to feel comfortable around her new friend. Her timidness going away.
She crawled into the passage, the entrance shutting behind her. "Lumos," she muttered, her wand tip igniting.
"So, where does this passage go?" she asked Liz.

Liz smiled, glad that Fia didn't hold someone else's grudge.

"I don't actually know where it goes." she said, laughing a little bit. "It's kind of strange really. My father told me about it- he said it leads to a room that I'd like verymuch. It's one of the main reasons I've been excited about coming to Hogwarts!"

Liz reached out her hand to continue crawling, but it didn't hit anything solid. She began to fall. Suddenly, she hit something as she was falling. This was something she could recognize anywhere - "A broomstick!" she hopped on in midair, and said "lumos". She looked up to make sure Fia hadn't fallen as well.

(((I just thought I would let you know that I'm going on vacation tommorrow for 5 days, so I won't be able to post after tonight. I didn't want you to think that I was ignoring you or anything. :) )))

"That's cool," Fia said, in response to Liz's answer to her question. All of the sudden she felt no floor beneath her and she gave a small scream of surprise as she fell off a ledge, holding tightly to her wand. Praying that she wouldn't land on top of Liz.

When Liz saw that Fia was falling, she quickly turned the broom towards her. It wasn't exactly an amazing broom- nothing like the firebolt she so wanted to buy. A cleansweep perhaps- but it was good enough to get her to Fia before she hit the ground.

"Gotcha!" she exclaimed, as she caught Fia. She safely lowered them to the ground, and looked around. Liz and Fia were on the ground of an indoor Quidditch pitch that must have been highly magical- how else could it fit within the castle?

"Wow..." her jaw dropped. "This must be what he meant."

"Thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you," Fia said, very quickly when Liz caught her. When she turned and saw the pitch her mouth dropped. "Wow," she said. "So, since your dad said you would enjoy this room, I'm assuming you enjoy Quidditch," she said to Liz, grinning.

Liz nodded heavily at Fia. "Yep! My father and some of his friends tried to teach me to play seeker. I respect the position, but I've always found I was a better beater."

She suddenly looked really excited. "Do you play quidditch???"

"I play Keeper," Fia said. "My cousin trained me," then she added, proudly, "My cousin plays for Puddlemere United." She suddenly looked a little glum, "He's fantastic, but I'm not all that great."

"Wow! Your cousin must be amazing!" Elizabeth giggled, "Infact... I have several posters of them on my wall. I probably have your cousins picture on my wall!" She laughed a bit more.

Once her laughing died down, she turned a bit more serious, "Well, we're not supposed to fly on the quidditch pitch outside until we've completed flying lessons... but there's no rule about in here! I could help teach you to play better, if you'd like." Or... maybe even over the Forbidden Forest! We're not allowed in it, but there isn't any rule about being over it!"

Fia laughed, but looked a slight bit guilty, she had already been in the Forbidden Forest, knowing it was against the rules. "That's really cool that you're a supporter of Puddlemere United! My cousin is Oliver Wood, just in case you were wondering!" Fia beamed at Liz then said, "We should probably stay in here," she said, "I don't think we are supposed to be flying at all without lessons, so if we stay in here we won't get caught." Fia looked around for another broom and saw one identical to the one Liz was holding in the corner. "I wonder if there are any Quidditch balls in here..."

"Your cousin is Oliver Wood?!" Liz gawked for a moment. "He's only all over my wall." she laughed a bit.

"But anyway, I guess we could stay in here! Maybe we'll meet a couple more people who're into quidditch and we can play a game!"

She helped Fia find some balls. "Okay! If you like, I can practice as chaser, and you can be keeper. I don't think we have enough people to use bludgers or the snitch!"

Liz jumped on a broom and flew up.

Fia hopped onto her broom and flew into the air following Liz. And then heading toward the goal posts. "Hit me with your best shot!" she shouted across the pitch to Liz, laughing.

Liz grinned and faked right. She waited a couple seconds before throwing the quaffle for the middle goalpost. "How's that?" she called to Fia.

Fia, somewhat ready for a fake, thought she thought Liz would fake left, dived for the Quaffle and barely caught it on the tips of her fingers. "Wow!" she said, "You'd make a killer Chaser! I came so close to missing that it was ridiculous!"

"Haha! Hey, it was a lucky shot on my part, and you even caught it." Liz prepared to try again. "I'm generally better with bludgers. Although, you did really well getting that! My theory is- it doesn't matter if you caught it easily or if it was hard- the point is that you caught it! Both have the same result."

Liz tried throwing directly left, no faking. She figured that since people seem to expect fake-outs, if you don't fake, they aren't expecting it.

"Actually, maybe we should go to sleep for now. We should come back here again some other night though!"

Liz gave Fia a hug, and went back to Gryffindor tower, and fell asleep.

Fia missed the second shot, expecting Liz to have been faking and zooming off to the right, completely missing the Quaffle. When Liz suggested going to bed, Fia was all for it. She was a bit surprised when Liz gave her a hug, but was happy that she had made a friend so fast and hugged her back. Following Liz out of the passage and then went back to her own dormitory.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back