Wandering the streets

Blaise Masters

OOC First Name
Zach
Blaise wandered about the streets of China, not exactly sure what he was doing here himself, he just knew that he needed some time to himself, and nobody he knew would think to look for him here. He smiled at that thought, if he did come across somebody that he knew, it probably wouldn't end well for him, though it would be quite funny. Blaise didn't usually end up being able to get out much, and as he walked the streets today he would enjoy what little time he had.

It didn't worry Blaise what he would do today, anything was better then a day at the office. But he always seemed to enjoy the work he did, it didn't matter to him if he was working or not. Blaise smiled at the thought of that, and he ducked up an alleyway, and out into a seemingly empty part of town. Just my luck, I wander from somewhere with millions of people, to an area with one or two. Blaise thought, sighing softly.

Blaise turned to look around the area, not knowing what he would find here, but he didn't necessarily care either, he just wanted to find some new people to hang around with today. Blaise didn't care who they were, just as long as they couldn't bag on him for taking a day off. Blaise smirked, and turned a corner into an alleyway, he could see a more inhabited part of town. Still hidden in the shadows of the alleyway, he scoped out the area for people he knew.

Venus felt as if she had been no where in the longest time, Edward certainly wasn't keeping her locked up or anything but still living with an auror no matter how ridiculously handsome could be stifling. Especially when she was used to a freer way of life, a way of life that had held no consequences for the most part. He had left on a job and that was all she was allowed to know. Not ever asking him about his work was driving her insane but they had to establish ground rules early on.

She had been amazed that in all this time together they had probably flirted maddeningly with one another a ton of times but neither had actually gone any step further. Leaving the house was top of her agenda today and as she contemplated that perhaps herself and Edward would now never do anything more than mildly flirt with one another, she tossed some floo powder into the grate and stepped in. It was typical that her foul mood and Italian accent caused her to appear in a completely different place than she had wanted.

But she was here now and would simply have to make the most of it. Dressed completely in black the tight fitting trousers and jacket clung to her feminine form. Her long black hair brushed to shining fell loosely over her back as she held her wand to her side just in case it would be needed. Arriving in some alley way in the middle of who knows where was not exactly her idea of fun. A movement caused her to whip her head around and hold her wand steadily before her.
"Who are you and what do you want?" surely the DE from Italy had not been able to follow her that quickly. It would have been so damn typical that her first day out would land her in trouble.

Blaise looked up when he heard somebody speak, not entirely sure if it was to him, but somebody did speak. He nearly fell over backwards when he saw somebody pointing their wand at him. He didn't know who they were even, and they were asking him what they were doing, I mean, who the hell points there wand at random strangers, and just about threatens to blow their heads off, something about her told Blaise not to trust her.

Blaise didn't know whether he wanted to answer her question, though he was sure he would be able to take her if it came to a fight, but he could be wrong, very wrong. He looked at her, trying to see if he would be able to do so, and couldn't really tell nothing from what he was seeing by looking at her, he knew it would be better for him if he answered the question, but it wouldn't probably save him from her trying to kill him.

Blaise rolled his eyes at her before finally deciding to speak, "I'm Blaise. And as for what I'm doing here. Can't an Auror merely take a walk around, without getting a death threat?" He teased. He didn't care what she thought of him for teasing her, quite frankly he didn't care what she thought of him, he wasn't scared of her, and he wouldn't let her think he was. Blaise was like a Death Eater in that aspect, it was nowhere near his real personality.

She sighed with exasperation when he said the word 'auror' did they have some kind of tag on her or something? Had Edward known that she would be venturing out today and decided to send one of his colleagues out to spy on her? Fuming silently she lowered her wand with extreme caution.

"And I am supposed to take your word for that am I?" her Italian accent seemed more pronounced as she became extremely agitated, "And perhaps if you did not skulk in corners of dark alleys people would not feel threatened enough to stick their wands at you ... stupid man."

Now she could seriously careless about him and deemed him on closer inspection as less of a threat than she had first believed him to be. Pocketing her wand into the leather sheath strapped inside her boot, Venus regarded him again for a moment. No, Edward would not have sent him to her, would not have dared have her followed unless it was he himself who did the following. Somehow this thought pleased her no end and with a satisfied smirk she flicked her hair over her shoulders and turned to continue down the alley, not bothering to say farewell or anything else to the stranger. As far as she was concerned, there was nothing left to be said.

Blaise stood there, watching her get frustrated when he mentioned the word Auror, she was either a Death Eater, or she just hated Aurors. He didn't really wonder which it was, but he didn't care either. She could just as easily be a civilian with a major attitude problem. Blaise didn't really care at all, "Well, you don't have to take my word for it, though it is the truth." He said, rolling his eyes at her, while she went on about people feeling threatened. "Well, just remember, you were lurking in that same dark alley." Blaise said pointedly.

Blaise stood around, watching her walk away after flicking her hair behind her back. He couldn't believe her, she was either full of herself, or just incredibly rude. He wanted to follow her, she seemed like somebody who would be interesting to have as a friend, he also knew that it wouldn't be easy for him to earn this persons friendship. But he would try, it was just the kind of person that he was. Blaise knew that she wouldn't want to talk to him all that much, and she would probably do her best to ignore him, but that wouldn't put him off, he had been shut down a lot of times in the past, and it didn't worry him that it would happen one more time, he laughed at the fact.

Running up to meet her, he slowed down to her pace next to her, and grinned at her, "You know, you never did tell me your name." He said, chuckling softly. He was starting to gain interest now, though he would still be ready if she tried anything, he held his wand in his right hand, and there was no way in hell that she would get the better of him, he knew way better then to give somebody an advantage over him.

Venus had ignored his prattle and had walked off but seriously she had thought he would go in the opposite direction or something. Anything but follow her, so when he came along side her to ask her name she stopped walking and turned to look at him as if he fallen on his head at birth or something.
"I do not lurk in alleyways, I arrived here by accident" she told him truthfully for the curse of the Fiorelli family meant she could not lie, she like so many of her kin had learnt to omit the truth of course but she could never lie.
"The stupid floo network does not like my accent so much" she glowered at him and as she turned to walk away again, knowing this time he would be by her side like a faithful lap dog Venus could only smile to herself.

"You are very observant, is that a skill the auror department taught you?" she teased lightly knowing she still hadn't told him her name. What was the point, she didn't know him and was not likely to meet him again once they reached the top of the alley way and went their seperate ways. They were nearly there already and Venus could barely wait to be rid of the insufferable boy.

Blaise could see that the girl was surprised by his course of action now, she definitely hadn't expected him to follow her like he had, and he was happy with that, he liked to be unpredictable. Blaise turned to her, "Of course you did, maybe you came because you knew I needed somebody cool to hang around with for a while." Blaise said, knowing that this would be a change from anything she would have expected. Blaise wasn't usually one for giving compliment, but he liked to make new friends, and he would try and earn this one.

Blaise couldn't tell if she was being stuck-up or difficult, he knew she was being rude, but he knew nothing of her past, so he knew better then to make random accusations at somebody before he knew anything about said person. He jogged back up to her, he could see a smile on her face when he did so. He looked at her, and ignored her teasing, he didn't care what she said to him really, he was used to people teasing him. Blaise wanted to know more about her, but the way all this was going, he wasn't going to learn much at all. Blaise could tell she was trying to get away.

Venus could not help but laugh now, it transformed her features from sullen and pouting though extremely sultry to vivacious and damn right appealing. Casting a sideways glance at him she shook her head slightly just as they neared the opening of the alleyway only to be met by some sort of strange parade. Paper dragons festooned everywhere, lanterns swinging wildly in the breeze while others hovered magically over head. People lined the roadway on both sides as others dressed in varying costumes followed make shift dragons down the street.

"So you are saying that I threw floo powder into the grate and said.. 'to a person who wants to hang out with someone as cool as myself'" another bout of light laughter as her gaze was caught on the parade ahead of them. She was not very tall unlike others of her family but she could make out the tops of the paper dragons. The place was crowded and she knew instantly that this could be a good thing or a very bad thing indeed. You never knew who was watching you from a crowd.
"Blaise I am Venus" she told him abruptly still scanning the area before them and knowing now that perhaps fate was on her side after all. She would best stay in the company of this man a while longer, an auror was well able to handle himself in a duel if it came to it and if they did happen to meet any of the Italian DE delegation sent to look for her, his skill would be required.

Blaise watched her laugh, and couldn't tell whether it was a good laugh or a bad one. He would never be able to tell what was going through this girls head, she was more confusing then anybody he had met prior to now. Blaise wondered what she was even doing her, she had said that she had said that wrong thing, and the grate had brought her here, but did he believe her? He could tell that she hadn't believed half the things that he had said. But then again, maybe that was a good thing, he had been known to exaggerate the truth at times, and that could be a bad thing.

Blaise raised his eyebrow at her fail attempt at humour, it didn't make sense to him. Blaise wasn't a comedian, but he at least had good jokes. He put those thoughts aside for the time being, and turned to her again. He was surprised when she finally introduced herself, he hadn't expected her to ever do so. He turned to look around the area, and tried to decide what was going on today, he could see a lot of paper fragons, and lanterns swinging in the breeze. He didn't know what she was so cautious about, and he didn't care either, apparently she had decided that she was going to spend the rest of the day with him, and that was good enough for him.

Turning in the end to her right, she continued on slowly taking more care now with who was around her. Who might look out of place and who didn't but of course death eaters would have that taken care of as well. Casting a sideways glance at the man near her she sighed.
"You really are an auror aren't you?" she remarked levelly, "none I have met have been very talkative either."

Briefly she wondered if this was a requirement for the department and knew she would never have made a very good one if it was. But aurors didn't run in her family, death eaters did and the most of them could talk for their country as a competitive sport. At least the Italian ones could. Pushing her way threw the throng which became suddenly denser, she felt as if she were swallowed up by the crowd. A hand reached out towards her and instantly she had cast the 'expelliarmus' incantation sending whoever it was and those just beside her back a yard or so. She didn't know if she had just blasted a bunch of muggles of if this was a wizarding area but she certainly wasn't sticking around to find out. Pushing her way further and deeper into the crowd she eventually came out onto a less busy street and leaning against a wall took stock of her situation. She was probably better off getting out of here and fast. For a moment she had even forgotten about the auror as survival instincts had kicked in.

Blaise chuckled softly as she finally decided that he was an Auror, "No, I'm not an Auror, I just work in an Auror office." Blaise said, rolling his eyes at her. Blaise had only been telling this person for the last hour that he was an Auror, and if she had chosen not to believe him when the evidence was plain. Blaise wasn't usually one for sarcasm, but in this case it made him laugh, and this girl had made him laugh as well.

Blaise turned to her when she randomly casted a spell, and he wondered what was going on, he had seen somebody reach for her, and next minute that person had been knocked back a few feet. What in the world is going on here? I can't let her randomly do that, she's going to get us both revealed as Wizard's and Witch. He thought, sighing. Sometimes he hated being an Auror, for he meant he had to do things that normal Witches and Wizards would never dream of doing. Blaise shot after her up the street, and silently approached her when he spotted her sitting next to a wall, "What in the world are you doing?" He asked, sighing softly.

What she had not needed was someone coming up to her all threatening and ferocious with their auror ways shoved in her face; she expected it of course so was not at all prepared for a mild rebuke for her actions. Gazing up at him she stood up slowly before turning to walk down the narrow lane away from the crowds completely. She kept to a slow enough pace in case he wanted to keep up and she found that after the incident back in the street, she very much wanted him to keep up. It would be absolute folly to walk around here without some kind of body guard. A thought struck her and she turned to look at him.

"Just where in the world are we?" she thought it could be China but having never been there before she wasn't altogether certain. Still she hadn't explained to him what had happened or why she had reacted the way she did. It was none of his business for starters but he had asked and she was afraid of telling the truth. Of course his question had been very round about.
"What am I doing? I'm trying to get the hell out of here, what does it look like I am doing?"

Blaise raised his eyes at her, he knew that she was all there, but she seemed a wee bit strange to him. One minute she was all friendlyish, or at least somewhat friendlyish. He sighed, and followed her carefully, not bothering to slow down and talk to all of the randomly people. He could see that she was trying to get away from somebody, he just had no idea whatsoever who that person was, or what, if, he could do anything to help her get away. Better yet, he didn't even know WHY she was trying to get away from somebody. For all Blaise knew, this person could be a fugitive, and he wasn't doing anything to stop her.

Blaise knew that it would end badly if he tried to stop her now, for she would probably cheat and kick his ass. He really didn't want his ass to get handed to him by some random he had only just met recently. He sighed softly, and turned back to her. "Well durr, but why are you trying to do so?" He asked, rolling his eyes at her. Clearly she thought that if he knew exactly what she was trying to do, he would just try and stop her, so it couldn't be good. Blaise sighed at the thought of it, he didn't want to think she was up to no good, so he wouldn't. For now anyway. He wouldn't become complacent with his job, so he would stick with her and keep an eye on her.

She stopped walking once again and turned abruptly to him, not realising just how close they had been to one another as they walked. The close proximity unsettled her somewhat but she tilted her chin out of pride.
"Some auror you make... didn't I tell you earlier that I did not mean to come here? I said the wrong word, who knows my accent probably sounded all askew. I want to get out of here because I am not meant to be here" she told him matter of factly taking a tentative step back from him. Being a mere inch or two away from the man was not how she liked having any kind of argument at all, so any distance was a welcome one.
"Now you can help me if you like or you can leave me be."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back