Wandering Aimlessly

Ben Connolly

Ben slowly began to make his way down the road, heading towards the middle of Bleak street, it had been a while since he had been here and it was about time he returned to have a look at the things that where around, he might even bump into some people. He began to mouth the words to one of his favorite songs, which was Chase that feeling, by Hilltop Hoods. A Australian Rap group based in Melbourne. It was one of the best songs that was ver made, it had meaning and it had a really good flow that he could feel. He was so much in his own world that he didn't even notice someone standing in front of him, until he tripped over them, he quickly got up and looked down at the person. " I'm so sorry, are you alright?"

Natalie had been wandering around Bleak Street like she normally did, when she spotted a figure up ahead. It was daylight in the wizarding street, and seeing a person here was not nearly as scary as seeing one when it was dark. Deciding not to approach the person, Natalie turned around and stared in the distance not exactly sure what to do, when suddenly she felt a bump against her back.
"Hey!" She cried out, turning to see a boy about her age. Her annoyance dissipated as she saw him sprawled on the ground. Just when she was about to help him up, he got up. "Are you alright?"

" Yeah I'm all good." Ben said in his Australian accent, his blue eyes looking her over, he had walked into a girl that was about his age, it was like him to wander aimlessly. He brushed his black baggy shirt off, and then wiped his hands on his pants. " I'm Ben Connolly, by the way." He said extending his hand out to the girl.

"Alright. Sorry, for getting in your way." Natalie apologized. She knew it really wasn't her fault, but she was never the one to put the blame on someone else entirely. "Nice to meet you, Ben!" She exclaimed, shaking his hand. "I am Natalie Winters." She studied him briefly. "Do you go to Hogwarts?"

" Nah, I haven't enrolled yet, I just came over from Australia, I was told I should, but my mother and father believe that if I do that I will become a monstrosity to everything they believe, so I left the house and I'm never going back. What about you, do you go to the school?" Ben asked as his hand returned to his side, it had been a while since he had talked to someone, he had come over here and was staying in a muggle hotel, but just kept his mouth shut and didn't say anything to anyone. Back over home, Ben used to hang around all the Muggle kids, who where getting in trouble for graffiti, underage drinking, and fighting. He was the youngest of the lot of them, but he would have to be the person who got in the most trouble for his graffiti, and drinking, and most of all fighting.

Natalie listened to him with interest. Ben seemed like a sad kid, and she felt bad for him. "Well, Ben, your parents are probably wrong." She did not know him, for they had just met but she couldn't see anything that was wrong about him. Her dad had left when her mom got pregnant, yet she had no urge to see him. In fact, she hoped she never saw him. She could not understand why a parent was cruel to their child.

" Yeah well being Muggle's then they wouldn't know anything about Magic, I just wish they would have let me experience it for myself." Ben said as he looked around at the people that where walking around and just doing there own thing. "What about you do you got Hogwarts?" He asked thinking she probably would, but why was she out on a monday morning when she should be at school.

((I need to start writing my topics down.))

"You're family is muggles?" Natalie asked. Suddenly it made sense. They were disgusted by their son because he was a wizard. She felt pity for him. Now she knew why Leah was not fond of muggles. They were hateful towards magical folk as well as magical folk were hateful towards them. "I don't go to Hogwarts. I've yet to enroll."

" Yeah I was born with the fate of having Muggle parents. It is hell the way they treat me, they treat me like I'm freak, I just can't stand it, I don't know any spells and I don't even have a wand or anything like that." Ben said as he looked down at the ground, he didn't even have the money to get himself a Wand yet, he needed to find himself a job for the time being so he could get himself a job. " Yeah I have always wanted to go to Hogwarts. Ever since my letter."

Natalie symphasized. He had it far worse than she, however. At least she had a mother and a sister. Yet, Ben had no one. "I'll be your friend." She told him. It sucked that he didn't have a wand, but him not having any money put an idea in her head. "You know that Hogwarts has a fund for people who do not have much money?" She asked him. "You'll have to get your stuff second hand, but you will be able to afford a wand and a decent pair of robes."

" Yeah I know that much, but you have to be enrolled at Hogwarts to be able to benefit from that, which sucks really bad." Ben said as he looked around at everyone that was in the Mall. "It's all good, ill just stick to busking for money, it always works." He said with a smile.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back