Walking on the Autumn Cobble Stone

Claude Harris

Wand
Ash Wand 14 1/4" Essence of Hair from the Tail of a Male Unicorn
Claude felt always at home in Brightstone Village. The cobble stone streets, the small shops, the small joys you get from finding little secrets under a leaf pile, and the just plain home-like feeling it emits was always on of Claude's favorite things. Claude lived in a busy household, and to be here in Brightstone where everyone was nice and all the shops were to no one's disliking, it was like heaven.

As Claude walked by all of his favorite stores (especially the Three Broomsticks) he shuffled some leaf piles. He loved watching the leaves flutter around in the wind when you lightly "kick" them. Claude walked into the Three Broomsticks, ordered a Butterbeer and then came back outside into the calm and nice Autumn air. While sipping his warming drink of perfection, Claude sat down at a bench on the cobble-stone street right near the park. A good number of people were passing by talking about this and that and Claude felt at home here in Brightstone Village.

Luciela walked lazily along Brightstone Village. She was really bored staying at the castle, arguing with some senseless people inside the common room. Of course there wasn't that much excitement in doing that, too. For a brief moment back there, she wanted to leave Hogwarts. Not because she was getting all emotional about her relationships. Almost everyone feels that way, and it was senseless, too. Everyone whining about their friends, their families, their blood status. "Stupid." Luciela spat as she continued to walk.

It was after a few minutes when she found a vacant bench near the park. Luciela walked slowly towards it, thinking about how she did during the last exam. They were things that can never be escaped from even in this magical world. When she reached the bench, she was quite surprised to see a boy actually sitting there. Was I walking too slow and someone had picked it already? she asked herself, stopping for a few moments to decide if she'll continue.

But she did, anyway. Luciela looked at the boy and tried her best not to look mean or anything. "Hey, is it alright if I sit with you there? I promise I wouldn't disturb you." I don't want to talk to you, anyway. she waited for the boy's reply, thinking that this would be better than the stupid common room with the noisy ones who bragged about their blood status.

Claude turned up to see another second year he had seen in some of his classes. "Oh yeah, sure you can sit here..." Claude was very nervous around people he didn't know too well. It wasn't because he was particularly rude or spiteful; it was just he was very shy. The girl who sat down next to him seemed kind of irritated and although Claude knew it was not in his place to ask how she was, he couldn't help but feel like he had to ask. He muttered something completely incomprehensible and when he realized the girl didn't hear anything he spoke up a bit. "Um, hello I'm Claude," Claude outstretched his hand for a handshake and continued, "I can see y-ou're a b-bit upset, and I k-know it's n-not my place to ask, but is everything alright-t?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back