walking by the lake

Patrick Britton

After walking for a while they finally reached the lakefront,it was a beautiful night and the moon's reflection could be seen perfectly in the lake's calm surface,"Well here we are."Patrick said smiling at Angelica

She laughed a little when she realised Patrick had taken her down to the lake. He was full of surprises, and she liked that. "It's beautiful out," she said looking over the landscape. The darkness of night was always beautiful, and the stars complimented the moon's reflection. She looked back at Patrick and smiled, then glanced down at her feet at total loss for words. Then finaly after a moment of silence, she spoke, "Why did you bring me out here? Is there any specific reason? Or do you just like the lake side?" she asked still looking down, she was affraid to meet his eyes; she had no idea why.

"Do I need a reason to be with the most beautiful girl in the school?Enjoying this great site.As well as asking her if she would like to be my girlfriend?"Patrick said the last part as fast as he could.

Immediately her cheeks burned hot red, she smiled meekly and after another moment she looked up at him. "I-I.." she said not sure what to say. "Thanks," she finally said. "Well..." she said looking down again. "If you promise never to intentionally hurt me, and always be honest, then," she said in almost a whisper, "yes..." she breathed smiling brightly.

"Why would I want to hurt you?I've been honest since we met haven't I why would that change?"Patrick said still smiling at her.

"Just incase then," she said happily, she looked up at Patrick and smiled, still blushing madly she gave him a peck on the cheek.

Patrick was surprised by what Angelica did,but he still liked it."So what do you want to do now?"Patrick asked Angelica as he took her closer to the lake.

"Well, you want to jump in?" she said indicating the lake, then seeing the look on Patrick's face she started laughing. "That was a joke! Hmm.. I don't know, but why don't you tell me more about yourself?" she said interested in knowing more about Patrick.

As Patrick pulled her over to the lake, she couldn't help laughing. As she plunged in with Patrick, she could feel the icy cold water surround her, and a ripple of goosebumps spread across her skin. She rose up to the surface of the lake and just floated for a moment.

Patrick could fell the cold water around him as he plunged into the lake.Patrick came up from under the lake right in fron of Agelica,"Well how'd you like that?"Patrick asked laughing a little.

"Cold," she laughed beginning to shiver. She wrapped her arms around herself attempting to keep warm.

Angelica moved closer to Patrick as he wrapped his arm around her, she felt better feeling the warmth he provided. "Well... I don't know," she said laughing,she looked up at him, he was taller than her, but not by much. "Say anything random, something you wouldn't normally tell someone else about yourself," she said smiling.

"WHERE?" Angelica screamed, almost jumping a whole metre out of the water. She grabbed tight to Patrick and began panicking, she hated sea creatures, especially giant squid. She was practically cowering behind Patrick hugging him, ready to scream her lungs off.

Angelica smiled sheepishly, letting go of Patrick. "Okay, let's get out of here then," she said turning in a hury to get out. She walked over to a nearby tree and sat down, her clothes drenched, and herself shivering madly. "We're going to be sick," she said to Patrick with a wry smile.

Patrick followed Angelica out of the lake.When they reached the tree and sat next to her."Well atleast we will be sick together."He said smiling.Patrick put his arm around her to keep her warm.

She laughed at the randomness of his words, and moved closer towards him, snuggling up with his arm around her, and resting her head on his shoulder. "So you still haven't told me something you wouldn't normally tell anyone else," she said feeling a little warmer.

"So the giant squid wasn't considered as that?"Patrick asked jokeingly."Well lets see you have the most beautiful eyes I have ever seen."Patrick said looking into Angelica's eyes.

"That's not fair," she said laughing. "We're talking about you, not me," she added. "Oh well..." she added looking back over at the lake.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back