walk, stairs, walk

Angela Marion

OOC First Name
Cole
Wand
Ash Wand 14 1/4" Essence of Hair from the Tail of a Male Unicorn
Angela was tired of walking, and on top of that, had no clue where she was. She needed a map, she needed more comfortable shoes; she needed a friend. She looked around and no one was there, she wondered where everyone was. Was there a meeting she missed? She shrugged and leaned over the rail, looking down. She was tempted to spit to see if she could hear it hit the bottom.

((Sorry it's lame...))

(Lol don’t worry. Lame is like…my specialty >.<)

Charlene had just left the Gryffindor Common Room after her typical second-course lunch that she always ate by herself in the dorms. She sure was glad she had fast metabolism, or she’d be crazy fat by now. She yawned, stretching, and almost bumped into a girl leaning over the railing near one of the staircases. She raised her eyebrows curiously and approached her. She looked down the tunnel of moving staircases and saw someone walking down. She grinned.

“You think I could hit that guy if I spit?”

Angela hadn't noticed the girl who had almost bumped into her, but laughed about her comment. "That all depends on if you have had any sugar, makes the spit thicker." She said. Having her dad when she was little, helped her to know all the things to survive in boy's and girl's company. She was thankful for that. "So, hi, I'm Angela." She said looking over at the girl; whom she now realized was Korean.

Charlene grinned wider. “Dang, I don’t have any sugar.” She looked up to face Angela. “I’m Charlene.” She held out her hand to shake and gave Angela a dip of her head as acknowledgement. Some people found that weird, but for Charlene, it was simply a habit, and she saw a lot of the Korean singers doing it on stage and in variety shows so she figured she ought to get used to it. Charlene couldn’t figure out whether the girl was Korean or Japanese, but it didn’t really matter; she was Asian.

Angela giggled slightly, pulling her left hand up to her mouth to cover her teeth. She shook Charlene's hand with the opposite hand and nodded too. She had seen singers do that before, so she knew it was only respectful to do it back. "So what house are you in?" She asked after a moment of silence.

"I'm in Gryffindor," Charlene replied proudly. "I actually just had lunch in the dorms. I brought my own food from home, but I'm running out." She sighed. "I'm gonna miss having ramen every day for lunch. Doesn't seem as if they have that here." The thought of food was actually making her mouth water again, and she began feeling hungry. What the heck, she thought. I just finished eating. "What house are you?"

When the girl mentioned lunch, Angela's stomach rumbled. She hadn't yet eaten, but was avoiding it, she didn't want to end up like her aunt. "Really Ramen!" Angela exclaimed, her eyes widening. She loved Ramen. "I'm a claw... yep, a claw... what weird thing." She said rambling a bit.

Charlene smiled. “It’s not weird! My mom was in Ravenclaw too,” she said happily. “She’s like crazy smart, even though she’s a librarian. She just doesn’t like to show it.” She frowned when she heard Angela’s stomach rumbling. Remembering, Charlene pulled a slightly squished but still intact pack of ramen out of the pocket of her oversized scarlet hoodie. It was covered in plastic; thank goodness. “Uhm, you want this?” She asked sheepishly. “It looks sorta bad, but trust me, it’s still amazing. Mine was squished flat when I found it lying under my pile of books.”

"Really, I'm not smart at all. i mean i never did well at home when i was taught." She smiled at Charlene when the girl pulled out the Ramen pack. She took one end and said, "would you be creeped out if i said i loved you." She grinned wide, making herself look like she was about to cry. "Because right now, you top my family!"

“Not at all!” Charlene replied, laughing. “I do that with my friends all the time.” Angela looked pretty overwhelmed about the food, so Charlene figured she was near starving. “Don’t worry, I know how it feels to be hungry. I’d go insane. I actually eat like two lunches every day, cause I get hungry so fast. People find that really weird of course. I bet you’re way smarter than me, or at least work harder than me. But seeing as we have so much free time here, I think I ought to do well. Ravenclaws always are top of the class, I hear.”

Angela smiled at the girl, she was really talkative; they would definitely get along. "Yeah, my cousin Skyle always forces me to eat. I'm never hungry... or at least i don't ever feel hungry." She said with a smile on her face. She laughed at the smart comment, then the working hard comment. Angela had never found herself bright, and she also was extremely lazy. "Yeah right... hard working." She couldn't help but laugh again. "I'm lazier then a sloth." She liked that they were mostly top of the class though.

Charlene laughed again. "Yeah, lotsa times, I just eat simply 'cause I need to be eating something." She snorted in a very unlady-like way, but she didn't really care since Angela seemed cool with everything. "Psh, I bet you're top of the class without studying. When I go to America, that's what they always say about Asians. Typical stereotype." She grinned. "Not that it's bad though. So do you live in New Zealand?"

She laughed at the stereo type comment. It was true. Everybody expected Asians to be extremely smart, even though Angela repeated that she wasn't. "It would be cool if that was true." She shook her head at the question. "I do now i guess, but i might go back to Japan after school ends." She said with a smile. She couldn't wait to see her mother again. "What about you?"

"My parents just shipped me over on a plane. Happy to get rid of me," she replied jokingly. Neither of them wanted to part but they didn't plan on moving anytime soon, with her dad's job and whatnot. "So they're still in Korea. I'll be going back every summer to stay there. Maybe I'll go during holiday break too. I do miss them lots, and my friends back home too. But this school is pretty awesome too. It's sorta like college...but cooler." She grinned. "What's Japan like? I heard it was expensive, but nice."

Angela nodded, listening intently to the girls comments about her family. A real family, something Angela can't recall ever having. She smiled a bit at the joking tone the girl took, then answered her question about Japan. "Oh it's lovely, and i don't know about expensive. I never really had to pay for anyhting there." She shrugged. She smiled and looked down the shaft again at the ant-sized people whom walked on the stairs.

Charlene laughed. “I was going to go there this past summer actually, instead of going to America like usual, but my parents decided against it at the last second. They said the plane ticket was too expensive.” She pouted. “But I vow to go there someday. Maybe I could visit you!” She beamed happily, excited to have friends from other countries.

Angela listened, getting tickets to Japan could be expensive, that was true. She nodded at Charlene's comment about visiting her; even though inside she screamed no. He house wasn't even fit for a rat, only because her mom was not well enough to clean, adn Angela was mainly to cook. And then her sister. She shuddered inside at the thoughts of what her sister would do. "Maybe, if i ever go back." She muttered.

"Eh?" Charlene laughed a bit nervously as she caught the last bit of Angela's words. "Whadyou mean 'if you ever go back?'" She turned to Angela. "Why wouldn't you?....it's home...isn't it? I'd love to get back, but I suppose I like it here too." She was feeling a bit homesick again, but she was already used to being away from her parents for long periods of time.

Angela looked down for a minute. "Yeah, i suppose it's home... But i have no one to go home to really." She looked back at her and tried a smile. It was a difficult thing to do really, knowing she had nothing to do at home, she wanted to stay with Sarah and Skyle... and Kala.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back