Waiting on the World to Change

Amarante Ming

Wand
Rosewood Wand 14 1/4" Essence of Hair from the mane of a Unicorn
Amarante walked up the cold steps of the castle, contrasting with the hot air, she was bare foot, she didn't care much for shoes, and it was still summer, or in her mind it was anyways. Amarante got a few looks as she walked but she gave them her normal smile of wax, Amarante had recently found out that she wasn't the only one that does this, her friend does this as well, Lee. He was quite the interesting person in her opinion but perhaps it was because they were a like in almost every way, in the sense that they each hid their personality and they both seemed to find comfort in it now that they had the ability to share them.

She knew that in her home town it was seldom that people shared their true feelings and emotions and would speak when spoken to, it was quite the change of scene for her and Tasanee, but it was odd how Tasanee had adjusted so well and she had not. Amarante stayed straight faced when she reached the owlrey and she took out a piece of parchment carefully and began to write a careful letter to her parents, it was difficult to write them with the rules of her culture.

[sorry i had a lot of trouble getting into character :S ]

[no problem, we can take it slowly]

Brandon watched from his perch on one of the wooden roof beams, the girl was a Slytherin and a first year. He had seen her about the common room once or twice since school restarted, nothing completely unusual about her other than she was now barefoot. The thought of jumping down and accidently on purpose standing on her feet crossed his mind but he chose to be a bit more of a gent than that, she was of his house after all. He slid down slowly so as not to give her too much of a fright.
"Hey there, there are warmer places and more comfortable places to write letters you know?" he winked at her as he moved closer.

您好的父親和母親,

學校會很好。明和我的調整,課程已經開始和我們已經取得的朋友。

請回信,

你的女兒
明。

Just as Amarante was signing her name a voice made her look up and she gave the boy a smile of wax as she spoke, her intoxicating, misplaced blue eyes gazed into the boys', "Hello." Amarante looked down at her letter then back at the boy and said simply, "It was a short letter, so I think I'm fine on that end, there are more comfortable and safe places to sit you know?" Amarante gave the boy a slight smirk then it faltered into her smile of wax before politely bowing her head and saying, "Hello, I'm Ming, Amarante." Amarante was curious if the boy would understand that she said her surname first, it was the way that people in her culture did so and it would be interesting to see how a western person reacted to this.

"Touche" he grinned at her nodding his head in return to her bow. Polite and respectful, nice. "Well I 'm Coffield, Brandon Coffield. Do you usually walk around barefoot? You never know what some of these kids might throw about the place, you could end up in the hospital wing with a serious injury".
Brandon thought it highly unlikely that this girl would end up in any hospital situation, she appeared outwardly ditzy but somehow Brandon got the impression she was a lot more clued in and together. The weather was warm perhaps that was the main reason she was out and about without shoes but the germs, the hazards.

Amarante shrugged her awkward shoulders heavily then she said, "There is more dangers from where I am from, and I walk around barefoot there, and I'm certain a scratch will not kill me, even if it does, I will be able to experience reincarnation." Amarante paused for a soft moment then she said simply, "I would embrace such an experience." Amarante gave the boy a quick genuine smile then it formed into a smile of wax once more as she said, "It's a pleasure to meet you Brandon."

"You don't mind if I call you Ming or shorten Amarante do ya? It's just that as nice as your name is its pretty long to say" he didn't want to insult her or anything and hoped she wouldn't take it that way. He listened intrigued to her, strange creature alright. Most of the students he was meeting this year were a tad on the strange side if he was to be honest with himself.
"What would you like to be reincarnated as, if you had a choice I mean?"

Amarante gave the boy a smile of wax and she said, "Ming is fine, or if you'd rather shorten my given name, feel free." Amarante bit her lip at his question, she hadn't thought about it, then she said, "To be perfectly honest, I'm not sure..perhaps a bird, they are free, that would be interesting though, with my past, I would probably be a fish, they must stay in water at all times, like I must stay distant at all times." Amarante cautiously furrowed her brow, this was an interesting question and she wasn't too sure how she could answer it correctly.

Even more intrigued now Brandon looked at her with a puzzled look on his face.
"So a fish huh? I don't get it what's with the distant stuff. Is this like part of your culture, your religion or something? Forgive my impertinence yeah, but I've never met anyone who talks like you do, especially one so young" he smiled at her here, wondering how her reaction to his calling her young would be. The owls were beginning to hoot and appeared restless, it was then he remembered his own pet inside his pocket and removed it. Zeus was a large black rat and obviously some of the more seasoned owls had smelled him or sensed him somehow and thought it dinner time.

Amarante nodded her head once then she said, "My culture is much different then the ones common at this school." Amarante felt a slight smirk play on her lips at Brandon's words and she asked softly, "Is this a good thing?" Amarante tilted her head to the side gently as she waited for a response, exposing the large scar running down the side of her cheek, it was thin and red, but very visible against her porcelain skin. Amarante looked down at the rat Brandon held and she asked, "Name?" Amarante's azure eyes set on Brandon's once more as she waited for his response.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back