Waiting...News... More Waiting....

James Potter

Wand
16 inches Mahogony Pheonix Feather Core
James entered the house, it was late and he had expected Kiera to be back from her mothers but as he began to turn on some lights he realized that she in fact wasn't home yet. James figured that whatever important thing Kiera was helping her with must've taken longer than she had thought as he walked towards the fridge and pulled out something that he could use to make a meal for when she got home. It was after 8 but he was definitely starving after spending so much time at Quidditch practice and away from home. Within a few moments thanks to magic of course he had the stove burning away as some meatloaf began to cook, he than pulled out some peas and corn and began to set them up so that once the meat was cooked and Kiera arrived back home they could have a nice meal together. James walked over to the table and began to light a few candles while pulling out a copy of the Daily Prophet so that he could read the sport's section. Lately James was beginning to feel a bit stretched between work and home that he began to wonder where his attentions really laid.

He loved Kiera and she knew that but it still wasn't right that he was always away, he now understood why his mother had left Quidditch behind when she had been ready to start a family but also didn't know how she and his father had managed it before then. Perhaps it had something to do with the way they grew up, James didn't know for sure as he placed the paper down ignoring the Daily Gossip section as he always did since he knew very well that Cynthia Vandervoort never had anything true or good to say in that part of the paper. Still James felt like he had been placed in a box where the same things were always repeating themselves and while for the most part his life was happy he still couldn't help but feel like he wanted more. James turned back and checked the meatloaf as another hour passed by and began to cook the vegetables he began to worry a bit about what might be taking Kiera so long and if she was going to make it back tonight, he had sent an owl telling her that he would be in tonight but that he might be late, perhaps she had not received it. James walked back over to the table and replaced the candles that had unfortunately burnt down too much to be romantic in any way. He then went back to the kitchen where he continued to cook and wait for his wife to come home.

Kiera Potter sighed as she walked into the house in New Zealand. She had been over at her mother's house very late tonight. Since she had acquired Ollivanders, her mother had been asking her to make Raziel a new wand for his birthday which was fast approaching. Jacqueline worried about Raziel and his safety. Her mother was convinced a new wand was just the think for him. The young brunette didn't mind making him one but she had to finish it tonight since his birthday was tomorrow. She hadn't recieved any news from James in the past few days and she was really missing her husband. Not to mention she had found out something this morning that she really needed to share with him as soon as she could. It was something she wasn't sure was good or bad. Kiera hated being seperated from him but it was nessecary with their different jobs. Kiera would never dream of asking him to leave though. She knew he loved it way too much.

The small woman frowned as she walked into the house, seeing the lights on. Kiera was certain that she hadn't left them on this morning. That could only mean one thing. Her heart swelled with joy as she heard noise in the kitchen. James was home! A grin spread across her face as she moved quickly through the rooms, making her way to the place where she most wanted to be. Kiera's honey eyes lit up as she saw his handsome face. "James!" she said moving quickly to him, a smile on her face. "I didn't know you were coming home." she exclaimed as she wrapped her arms around him, leaning her face up to kiss him thouroghly.

James leaned down and kissed his wife gently on the lips he had been trying to keep an eye on the meatloaf even though he was feeling a bit distracted. "I'm glad I could surprise you then" James said with a smile even though surprising her hadn't really been his intentions. James quickly turned back to the oven and pulled out the meal before it could burn "I figured we could have a nice home cooked meal together, so why don't you go get changed and I'll set the table" James said with a smile as he immediately turned his attention back to the food while thinking about what he was going to ask Kiera. It had only been in that moment that he realized that he had been planning this for the last few days and still didn't know how to bring it up. He loved her with every fiber of his being and after the last year's trauma he decided that he wanted to bring up the subject about trying to have another baby.

James knew that it could end up a disaster since the injury Kiera had sustained with the Dark Presence of Bleak Street had left her in what seemed to be a permanent state of injury. If they did indeed decide to have another child it would have to be done very carefully so as to not cause another miscarriage, James wasn't sure if Kiera or himself could take another heartbreak like that. James opened up a bottle of wine as he finished setting the table and poured to glasses for himself and his wife. Finally he looked over towards her and smiled again "I always miss you, you know that right?" James asked as he walked over towards her and wrapped his arms around her giving her a kiss on the forehead "I don't know what I'd do if you weren't in my life" James said gently as he looked down into those honey eyes that he fallen for back in school.

Kiera grinned at him as he said he had cooked dinner. She was hungry and it smelled absolutely delicious. "Well thank you. " she said appreciatively. "It smells really good and I bet it tastes even better." she replied before giving him another peck on the cheek. Kiera followed his suggestion, sprinting back up the stairs to get rid of her grunge look. The brunette changed into something a bit more appropriate. Her stomach was in knots as she thought about what she needed to say to her husband at dinner. Kiera hoped it would make him happy. She smiled as she checked her reflection. She looked much better now. With a dash of perfume, she left their bedroom and returned back down the stairs.

Kiera danced her way back into the kitchen, seeing James sitting down at the table. She grinned at him, feeling rather giddy at seeing him. "Back." she said. She skipped lightly to his side. She kissed his lips softly before sitting beside him. Her honey eyes watched as he poured her a glass of wine. She nodded her head politely, not touching the wine though it was her favorite kind. She looked down at her food, picking up her fork. Kiera looked back up at James, slightly surprised by his sudden words. They were sweet and she knew they were true. "I know you do. Just as I miss you every second we aren't together." she confessed. "My life changed dramatically when I met you. It's been full of ups and downs but being with you is worth it all. I wouldn't trade one second with you for anything." she said, smiling at him.

James already knew before she even said them that those words were true however it didn't bring the next part up any easier. So James decided to be blunt since it was always the best way he'd ever gone through things, it was the reason he and Kiera were even together and so he had to trust that it would help him out now. "I think we should try to have another baby" James said as he placed a hand on her's "I know it didn't turn out well the last time but I think this time we'll be more prepared and can take the necessary steps to ensure a successful pregnancy" James explained quickly feeling as though he needed to get everything off of his chest before she might object, if she did than James would have to agree since there was about a million things that would support her argument about not trying again. The most obvious one being the risk it could have with her health and the risk the baby would be taking just by being inside her.

Kiera would never know how guilty James felt for allowing her to become injured nor would she know how badly he wished every night that he could go back and changed what had happened. He had even stopped trying to find out what Luxen Silverback had meant that day when he'd asked them to 'save him' since James simply couldn't help the man that had caused both himself and his wife so much grief and anguish. "I want us to be happy but I also want us to have a real family" James admitted as he gave her hand a slight squeeze, it was interesting to think that after the attack it had been him that had not wanted to have children and yet now things had changed. Perhaps James had grown up enough to realize that some things were worth the fight and sorrow if in the end you knew it would bring untold happiness and love.

Kiera watched James as it appeared there was something difficult that he was trying to say. She listened to him carefully, feeling a tightness in her chest release. She felt a weight lift off of her tiny shoulders. James was approaching her about having children, meaning that he actually wanted a baby. This was good news for her because it would make telling him so much easier. Of course, the young woman still worried about the last pregnancy. It had failed because she had not had a suitable body. Kiera had failed in carrying the term full course because of wounds she sustained all those months ago back on Bleak Street. Her honey eyes met his, filling her up with comfort and hope. It made her believe that she might be strong enough this time around.

Kiera had to tell him the news and now was the perfect time. "Um...well actually James, I had been wanting to talk to you about that." she started off by saying. "I had an appointment this morning because I suspected but the healers confirmed it. I am already pregnant." she said rather sheepishly. Kiera knew he wanted a child but this was sudden all the same. They hadn't been trying to get pregnant after all. Kiera was still slightly undecided as to whether this was a good thing or not. She didn't want to go through another miscarriage. She wasn't sure that she could handle that kind of heartbreak again. This time, Kiera would be more careful. She would eat right and she would rest more often. Absolutely no flying for the next eight months.

James had felt his heart beating as though it was going to break his rib cage, it was difficult to bring such a subject up when it may only lead to more turmoil however the next few words changed everything as all of a sudden the weight had been removed and he suddenly felt as though he could fly without a broom. "That's.. Wonderful" James said as he got up from his chair and wrapped his arms around his wife kissing her madly, he couldn't help but feel as though this pregnancy might be a sign of good fortune even if it did mean that they would have to be careful from now on. Something else however began to nudge as he knelt down so that he was looking up at her. He brushed the hair out of her face as he kept his hand on the side of her wonderful face. Kiera had always brought so much happiness to his life and he couldn't help but wonder all the time if he was failing to do the same, he didn't want Kiera to go through with the pregnancy simply because of his wishes.

"Is this what you want?" James asked knowing that there hadn't been a lot of choice in the matter since she had already gotten pregnant before they had come up with a decision. James couldn't help but feel responsible since there had been preventive measures they could've taken to avoid it until they were more prepared however again a part of him knew that they were ready and that this was simply a sign proving that. "I know this is going to be hard for you so if you don't want to go through with it, I'll understand" James said trying his best to be supportive in whatever decision Kiera wanted to make. "It wouldn't be fair for me to put you through something like this if you weren't a hundred percent up to it" James said as he placed a hand on her stomach "No matter what I'll always love you" James said as he looked up into her eyes. He meant what he said, it would be her choice about having this baby or not and he would support her. It was the only thing he could do at the moment when he had let her down so badly before.

Kiera didn't have time to say anything else before James' lips were on her own. It had taken him all of two seconds to grasp what she was telling him and for him to rejoice in the news. She didn't stop the kissing but let it go on, kissing him just as feverantly as she had the day they were married. She felt safe as his arms encompassed her. It was as if nothing in this world could hurt her. Warmth flooded through her veins. Kiera didn't doubt James' ability to protect her and his strong arms were only a symbol of that. James knelt down in front of her, stroking her face. She caught his hand on her cheek and held it there, feeling the warmth of his fingertips on her face. Kiera felt like she could stay in this moment for the rest of her life and never grow tired of it.

The brunette's lips turned down into a bit of a frown at his question and then his continued words. Sure, this pregnancy hadn't been planned but she was not about to give it all up. She wanted the baby more than ever. She shook her head at her husband, surprised he would think that of her. Kiera shook her head at him. "I want it." she insisted. "Its a part of you. I already love the baby." she said affectionately. It was something that James already loved as well. She would never hurt him that way by even considering termination. She gazed levely back into his eyes. "I love you. More than anything." she whispered, kissing his lips once more. "I am nervous though." she admitted her fear to her husband.

James couldn't hide the fact that he was delighted in the prospect that they would be having a baby nor could he hide the same nervousness he was feeling for Kiera and the baby "We know this time and we can take the necessary precautions" James said as he began thinking about all the things they would have to do to ensure that Kiera had the baby without any other complications. "I'll stop playing Quidditch for the rest of the season that way I can be with you" James said as he got up and kissed his wife once more feeling absolutely delighted. He knew that his coach wouldn't like hearing the news that he was going to take time off but James didn't care at the moment since they had more than enough money to last for several lifetimes and more importantly his duty was to his family not his job.

"We'll do things right this time" James said kindly as he looked at her with absolute adoration, "I know this is going to be difficult but your the strongest person I know and we'll get through it together" James said honestly as he continued to think about the things that would need to get done, his Aunts and Uncles along with his parents would be more than willing to help out. "I can't tell you how happy you've made me tonight" James said as he forgot about dinner and began to brush his nose on Kiera's cheek in between kisses "I love you and our child" James said as his lips brushed against her's and he began to kiss her passionately. He wanted to spend the rest of his life in this moment of happiness that his wife had brought to him. "Do you know how far along you are yet?" James asked with another smile.

Kiera could see the happiness all over her husband's face. She couldn't help but grin along with him. She nodded her head at his words. They would have to be very careful this time around if they wanted the pregnancy to succeed. Her smile quickly turned to a frown as James said he was going to stop playing Quidditch this season. She shook her head. "No, I don't want you to have to do that." she said. Kiera hated to see James give up something he loved just for her. It wasn't fair to make him sit around the house with her. Kiera was afraid he would resent her for it. The brunette could see his obvious joy right now but how would he feel about it in the month? She lost herself in these thoughts, only have hearing how happy he was. Her honey eyes found his once more when he asked her how far along she was. "Um, four weeks is what the healer guesses." she said shrugging her shoulders. It was too early to judge exactly. "I have another appointment next thursday." she said with a smile up at her husband.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back