Waiting for Superman

Eric Evans

OOC First Name
Brandon
Wand
11" Elder wand with Pheonix feather core
Eric walked down the quite harbor with no where to be and no where to go but to simply clear his mind of all of his troubled thoughts. It had been a rather rough patch in his life as he struggled with a thousand different issues but nothing that bothered him the most than the fact that he was getting older and he was still alone. Eric stopped on top of small bridge and took the time to simply enjoy the breeze which was warm and held the all to familiar scent of the ocean salt aroma. He ran a rough hand through his shaggy hair as he stretched slightly before moving on as he felt the mood was urging him further.

Eric had had a rough couple of weeks having been sort of dumped by a man that he had hoped to be more than friends with to a rough week at work with Exams around the corner. Though it gave him tons of time to think about his life and so he had began making the changes that he need to make such as setting up a saving account for all of the money that his family gave him and trying to live a little less expensive life style. The few friends he had he been making an effort to see more and be a little more active in there lives like talking to Irene more or hanging out with James or Caysi when he could make time.

Eric still want to find that Mr. Right which prompted him to actually get out of the house more and to explore his surroundings more and so every night he took a walk around the harbor or the village not to far from where he lived and so it was not a hard think for him to do. He had noticed that all of his friend had found love and he was being supportive as he could and he had decided to let love happen when it may hoping that it was sooner than later.

Eric had found himself on the beach and had decided to take his shoes off and walk barefoot to feel the sand in between his toes. So after removing his shoes and walked down the shore and smiled as he looked up at the starry night sky with a beautiful full moon it was a good night and something felt just right about the world as he took a seat and layed on his back and admire the night sky.

OOCOut of Character:
Rest assured, they're not always this long xD.
It seemed to be fated that Fabian happened to be on the same beach that night, but unlike Eric he was far from contemplating his love life, or lack thereof. Foreign things like intimacy between two people was something he rarely contemplated, although it wasn't as if he couldn't admire someone beautiful. But his dreams never went so far as to picture him with that person. Perhaps it was a sad truth that Fabian never did more than worship from afar, never considering that he might be anything worth looking at, let alone thinking about. Despite having no relationship to ponder over, his daydreams were far from untroubled. Sitting waist deep in the cool evening tide, he waved his feet about in the current and stared up into the dusk. Tonight was a night to survey the heavens and be filled with wonder, but all that crossed his mind was his mother's decision to adopt another child. Fabian had faced some of life's usual hardships before, but inviting another small person into his life was the scariest of all. Blast it all, aren't I enough for her already? thought Fabian, the angry splash he gave his feet masking the sound of approaching footsteps. The moment the ripples calmed gave opportunity for the footsteps to be heard, and Fabian stumbled upright in alarm.

Typical Fabian-style, he blushed instantly. He often came to this part of the bay for dusk swims but he hadn't yet encountered another person. He had gotten so comfortable with this fact that he'd degenerated to wearing little more than his trunks. As the figure approached, he blushed further. A man. A ... not-unattractive man. He knew he could appreciate both sexes equally so it bothered him not that he reacted to the other male. What did bother him was his outward reaction.
"I'm sorry," blurted Fabian. "Am I in your path?". Fool! He was waist deep in the water, of course he wasn't in the man's path, and what's more he had drawn attention to himself when he could have slipped away unnoticed. Bare chested, he crossed his arms and shuffled his feet in the wet sand. Could things get more embarrassing?

For some where in the universe it seemed that whoever was in charge had found it funny to tease Eric out of pure evilness as blonde hair boy seemed to appear out of the water and a sense of a word fall into his lap. The man was a stunning sight to behold as the water that ran down his flawless skin gave him a soft glow about him that made Eric stare a second longer than normal or proper. After a brief moment to simply enjoy the sight he seemed to return to reality and was ready to handle the situtation.

Eric had ran into a great many people and creature in his time but found it interesting that so many seemed to travel with him rather than part ways and so he wondered brief how long the man was going to be here and what was his purpose in Eric already chaotic life. Could he be the one to bring him balance or would he be another destructive force that would leave him a beaten and broken man Like Sirius did? Only time would tell and. Fate worked in mysterious ways.

"No your not in my way at all but it seems to me that I have disturbed you..." Eric left room and pause for the man to introduce himself if only a first name. Eric would introduce himself in time but he had to be sure the guy want to give his name.

"Ah..." said Fabian softly, wishing his blush would go away. It was a childish habit that he couldn't manage to shake and made him feel ten years younger than he was. "No, I was just leaving." A lie, but what did it matter? He had to leave now, anyway. It wasn't proper to run around in your boxers in the moonlight when company was abroad. To his chagrin, curiosity began to bubble as he surveyed the man with two silver-grey eyes. Couples sometimes walked the beaches by the cliffs of Obsidian and sometimes a figure walking their dog, but few came alone like Fabian did. Supposedly it wasn't safe because of the water sirens and other magical creatures that congregated around the purely wizard-populated town. He'd not yet seen one, but it was better to be safe than sorry. Fabian's answer may have allowed him to get away with withholding his name but there was no reason not to. He didn't have anything better to do than chat with a stranger, albeit in his underwear. Where had he put his jeans?
"Fabian," he said suddenly. "I'm Fabian. I didn't expect to meet anyone, so you'll have to excuse my state of dress." Despite how formal his words were, his cheeks began to grow pink again and he gave the still-strange man a tiny apologetic grin.

Seeing as they were some ten meters away form each other, Fabian waded (seeming to glide) out of the water and onto the sand. He was thin, almost waif-like in appearance and had a way of walking that made him seem likely to blow over at any second with no small amount of grace. He wondered if he dared ask the man to accompany him. The stranger seemed friendly enough, and perhaps he may have sensed his indecision.
"I ... I hope you're not alone tonight," said Fabian quickly and nervously, "Cause I've heard there's a shoal of Water Vapours out on the beach tonight. I was just heading home because of it." Water Vapours were strange and fearsome little fairies that liked to lure pedestrians onto the beach and into the water to drown.

It was the south that came to mind as Eric listened to the formal way the man had spoken and it brought about breif flashes of memories from a much more simpler time in his teen years. As a son or prince of the south like his mother and her woman like to joke about Eric had to under go the rather bothersome task of being trained in the art of becoming a gentleman as each year the social season seemed to come and go as pushy parents pushed there childern off on other kids of the same social status in hopes that a marriage would bloom up between the helpless starry eye youth. Eric remember how difficult to be force attentd a great many ball and coming outs in his rather stressful years that he seemed to be almost scar by women to this date and had an almost dreadful fear of dances.

Eric smiled as once again he caught his mind wandering and his gawking as the man spoke out against his rather obvious nakedness. Eric almost tripped as the young man came out of the water and found it almost ironic that he spoke of magical creatures that drew there prey into the ocean and drowned them. Eric would have been only to willing to join the man in the water and with that thought he blushed a scarlet red as the though alone seemed a little intense for him but it had been so long since he was close to anyone that it was almost painful to be so near and forbidden to touch but he stilled his hand as it would have been rather rude to be so foward and so early in there meeting.

" My name is Eric Evan and sadly I am alone tonight but I don't mind I like to believe myself to be more than capable of protecting myself from most dangers. It is a perfect night and would kick myself if I did not take a few hours out of my time to enjoy it!" Eric saidas he ran his hand through his as the wind blew across the beach. Eric was stepping on the mans pant and when he took a single step back it was brought to his attention so he clear his throat as bent down and picked them up handing them to the man.

Fabian couldn't help but grin spontaneously at the man's ... Eric's ... enthusiasm. True to his word, Eric looked quite capable of shooing away any strange water creature that might come upon their path, for he was taller than Fabian by at least five inches and had the brawn to match it. Most of Fabian was on show, to his embarrassment, but even if Eric was not he could not help but appreciate the strength of his arms. Fabian almost winced at himself at such thoughts. Luckily it was becoming too dark for the taller man to notice his open ogling. Attempting to stop, he was foiled again as he watched the wind ghost through Eric's golden brown hair. He caught Eric's eye by accident and failed to cover the look of awe. So this is how it is to be instantly smitten, thought Fabian, his mouth parted in a tiny 'o'. A little sarcastic voice in his head added, Mum would be so proud. Silently he took his jeans from Eric without managing to tear his eyes away from the other man's, and threw them over his shoulder. There was no point putting them on as his trunks were still wet, and even as he thought it an idea began to form.

"I really only got here about ten minutes ago," said Fabian in an offhand voice as he dropped the jeans back into the little hollow they'd created in the sand. "So I haven't had much time to enjoy what I came out here for." Something mischievous lit up his face for the first time in so very long. It wasn't often that a perfect stranger induced him to abandonment, but he'd probably never see Eric again after this night so he may as well enjoy it. "Would you like to go swimming?". Fabian gave him The Look™. No one could say no when he gave them the doe eyes.

It is funny how sometimes a though could hit and make you do something that you would not normally due on any given day of your life. Eric had prided himself on the fact that he was more than capable of being spontaneous that when the man asked him to join him for a swim it took him all the control in the world to not rip his clothes off and go screaming into the ocean like he did when he and his dad would go swimming in the lake back home. The though excited him and he was almost swept away in the moment bu recoved with great effort as he still knew very little about the blonde hair man from the sea.

It was funny to see the man, who only seconds ago was ready to leave, so eager to go splashing in the dangerous water with a complete stranger.Eric gave a deep hearty laugh and a smile as he removed his tshirt and jeans to reveal his body that he put so much effort into maintaining. Eric smiled as the man gave him a look that reminded him of a puppy and so with a wiggle of his eyebrows and childish grin in his eyes Eric bolt to the ocean and went under the warm surface only to reappear in a little bit deeper water. The waves were calm and so it was safe to be out this far. Eric had spent afew summers as a lifegaurd so he would be able keep a watchful eye on the man.

Eric had realized that when the man a pproached he was a lot older than he appeared and Eric would not be surprise if he was several years older than him. The man had a classic look with a little innocence mixed in that would have made him perfect model material. He had a great body and had an intelligence about him that made hims even more desirable. He was in short a picture perfect man and with Erics luck he would be married with kids by now. So he better enjoy the swim because it was to hard to get his hopes only to be hurt again.

"If only..." Eric whispered to himself as he waited for his new friend to join him in the water.

Eric's laugh made Fabian shiver with delight. It was one of those laughs that made you want to laugh as well and he did not know why he restrained himself from doing so. The man's innocent joy filtered through Fabian's well-guarded mask and dug right into his bones, making him tremble as he suppressed his own joy. He was finally undone when Eric quirked his eyebrows and he folded in on himself with a soft peal of laughter. Fabian's shoulders shook and he could not stand upright but fell back into the water. He took the opportunity to follow Eric into the deeper water until he swam on par with him. Eric must have been up to his chest but Fabian, to his embarrassment, could no longer touch the bottom. As soon as his feet left the sand, his first instinct was to take a hold of Eric's arms and buoy himself up with them. His mother used to float him like that when he was a small child, but with the two of them as they were it was far to intimate to attempt. He'd think I'm a freak, thought Fabian as he was forced to hold tred water, And I guess I am for thinking it. He'd never seen two men do that before. Perhaps a young teenage boy with a sweet high school girlfriend by his side, but not two grown men. 'Grown' sounded like a figure of speech in reference to Fabian.

So close he was to Eric that his sharp ears did not miss Eric's 'If only'. If only, what? he wanted to ask, but he was obviously not meant to have heard it. Floating in the moonlit waters, the night became still and he looked up at Eric as if he expected something to happen. Fabian was beginning to blush again. Stupid habit.
"I'm probably a poor substitute as a swimming partner, but it's still nice, isn't it?" he said amiably. He couldn't help but grasp Eric's right forearm as his legs began to tire of their duck-paddle beneath the surface. "No doubt there would be better company for you to keep on such a night." Fabian smiled at Eric but it was a sad smile that betrayed his insecurity about swimming with a man. He hadn't done anything so daring since he couldn't remember. The moment was poisoned by his melancholy at being less-than-adequate company. Eric was probably wishing he was a pretty female wanting to be swept into the handsome stranger's arms.

It was now time for Eric to shiver as the man touched his skin with his somewhat firm grip as he tried to anchor himself to him. Eric instictively reached out for the mans other arm and pulled him slightly closer so that if a strong wave came in he would be able to pull the man closer so he would not be swept further out. The little space between him and the beautiful stranger made his heart race like a pack of wild mustangs on an open plain. Even his breathing became a little quicken as he looked into the deep pools of the brightest color he had ever seen.

"Please forgive my rudness but I did not want to loose you after we had just found each other, you see if I were to loose you the world would be such a sad an empty place..." Eric let slip from his mouth as he had for a moment lost control of his better judgement. Eric Gave a hearty laugh at his own words as thoughts pulled foward a memory of tow word his mom use toenchant him with Soul Mate.

The man was going to cloud his thoughts and invaded his dreams when he slept for some how he had managed in such a brief time had made the world less important and chased away all of his dark and sad thoughts. The world around him began to fade as his only focus was to give the man his full attention. They night would not last forever and so Eric had to enjoy what he could in case they never saw each other again.

Eric pulled Fabian forward and he had no choice but to grasp the man's upper arms, but even if he'd had a choice, he would have done so anyway. Their bodies bobbed up and down in the surf and every wave had him pressed against Eric's chest before he kicked lightly to bring himself away ... only to be pushed back again by the tide. It was only for etiquette's sake that he forced himself apart, if only briefly. He wanted to give in to the hold and bury his face in the crook of Eric's neck. However much Fabian was a sensitive creature, even he knew that to give in to such an urge was the opposite of proper. There were some things you didn't do with strangers for propriety's sake, but some were just common sense. He could be in a very dangerous position. Suppose Eric had been a murderer, luring him in only to strike when his guard was down? Fabian smiled softly as he listened and perished the thought. He even lifted his head to remark,
"What if I was a siren, Eric?". He spoke the taller man's name like a prayer. "You could be moments away from death and be none the wiser." Fabian was joking of course, but it was a careful reminder that they had just met and were becoming slaves to the idea of the other's company.

There was no time to pull away again before a much heavier wave thrust him forward more violently as the wind picked up. All the breath left him as he was crushed against Eric, and this time he did not pull away. Yet Fabian stilled, hardly daring to move as a thrill of fear engulfed him. He had gone too far. "I'm sorry!" he cried out suddenly. Suddenly he could move again and he took the opportunity to break the embrace and backpedaled several feet away into the deeper water. "I can't imagine what you must think of me." Desperate, he thought. Pitiful. Fabian shivered and found he couldn't look at Eric. "I don't ... usually act this way." And what way was that, exactly? Another wave crashed against the back of his neck and suddenly he went under. Emerging seconds later, he coughed violently to expel the water he'd swallowed in the brief immersion. Fabian felt stupider and stupider.

So his attractive friend did have a sense of humor as he jokingly teased Eric for the ease that it took to get him out in open water. "Oh if you were siren then I would not care, to be in the company of such a creature even at the cost is worth it!" Eric laughed as let his words fill the space that their bodies left vacant. The water seemd to want to play matchmaker as each wave brought the man into his arms, only to have the mans better judgement pull the apart. Erics mind was on overdrive as he was drunk on the thought of Fabian and when the day was over and he woke up alone in his bed he would have swore it was a dream. It was a dream that poets told fabulous tales of and bards of all ages sang about it was a fairy tale of the heart and they were the star of the tale.

Yet reality was cruel and sometimes harsh as Fabian had a moment of clarity as he swam away to deny his soul what it hunger for and was begging the man to give into. That was when a strong wave came in and caused the man to go under and with that Eric moved as fast as he could and on pure instincts alone. Fear sat in and was accompanied by panic and they were quick to take over but Eric would not let them win and so when the man came back up Eric closed the distance and pulled the man as close as he could to his own body." My foolish Siren I am not quiet ready for us to part yet and so please allow me to be selfish if only for the night!" Eric said in a passion growl that excited him to all ends.

He did not mean intercourse but simply to remain in the charming mans pressence, he wanted one night to learn everything about his blonde haired prince before they returned to the land of the mundane and boring monotone routines of life. He brushed a stray hair out of the mans face as he place a firm hand on the mans hip he would not push his pressence on the man and would not tarnish his virtue. He simply wanted to remain close.

Yet for all his strength and convictions, Fabian found that he could not pull away this one last time. To joke about being a siren was one thing but to be called one was another. The way Eric said my siren made his limbs grow weak so that he was helpless in his own siren's arms. It was ironic that Eric silently called him a prince, because he felt that Eric was a real prince and Fabian was just the servant boy who was bound to bow to the majesty of his royalty. How foolishly and utterly smitten they both were with each other. To think that Fabian had spent the majority of his life being mildly disinterested in the rest of the female (and sometimes male) population before one person and one night floored his inhibitions. But what to do with the time they had ... Finally Fabian relaxed in Eric's embrace and allowed the entity to hold him as he wanted to. He couldn't deny that he wanted it as well, no matter how much he might try. A blonde lock of hair fell onto Eric's neck as he dropped his head on the man's shoulder, his ear pressed against the strong heartbeat. "Very well," sighed Fabian. Slowly the hands that clutched at Eric's shoulders relaxed and wound their way around his neck. "I will let you ... and myself ... tonight. But no more." He couldn't handle the sweetness again. If he saw Eric again, he'd be lost and wide open for terrible heartbreak.

Fabian almost jumped when Eric's hand touched his slender hip. He'd never been proud of his physique. It had never helped him achieve anything athletic and he never played Quidditch with the other boys as a child. He had a pianist's hands and a dancer's body, all the more mortifying as it wasn't nearly masculine enough for his liking (worse still for his inability to grow facial hair). Perhaps Eric didn't mind, though. He certainly didn't appear to mind holding him. Even worse that he needed to be held lest he tire and sink below the surface again. Fabian breathed slowly against Eric and lifted his head, still pressed tightly against the sculpted abdomen. His cool breath caressed Eric's lips as the wind died down. "You might be selfish," he said in the silence, "But I am selfish too, and I can't help but think that tonight will be enough." He couldn't believe that he'd dared to say it after denying them both only moments before, but there it was. No matter what happened that night, he decided he wanted more of it.

"Sweet prince, my sweet prince if only for tonight!" Eric whispered as the man laided his head against his heart as he listened to the sound of the hypnotic rythme of its beat as it beat for him. Eric spun in a soft circle as he let the ambient noise to be his song as they rocked in there own little world. Eric closed his eyes as he dreamed of a beautiful world where he and Fabian went from slamming doors to soft whisper and secret kisses. Eric was simply a slave to the man and it rocked him to his very core how could a simple mistake and a lonely beach have him so ready to fight the world to keep his prince safe from harm.

Eric placed a soft kiss on the mans head as he smiled, they smelt of warm sunshine and sand but he did not care he was happy. Eric was glad that the boy gave into his heart and relaxed into him which made everything fell simply right. Eric held Fabian but had decided to break the silence and allow a little reality in,"So prince I know that you are not a siren and your gorgeous. To me but I want to know you better than you do so tell me a little about you and I promise to keep you this close all night!" Eric laughed a nother hearty laugh as he moved them out of the deep water and closer to the shore but not out of the water. He chose a spot where his prince still needed to hold on to him.

How selfish of him to claim the man as his and to hold on him like he did but was it wrong tobe selfish everyone in awhile? Eric hummed a sweet lullaby that was hummed to him when he was younger it was Hallelujah and his grandpa hummed it to him to put him to sleep. Eric could smell the woods fragance of his pawpas after shave and the sharp spice of cigar smoke that he would sneak off to smoke to avoid scolding by his obsessive medical mother who worried constantly about his health.

Fabian carved a graceful arch into the water as he was spun gently against its hold. It was much more comfortable to be swung this way when his arms were around Eric's neck and Eric held him around the waist. In fact, everything was a lot more comfortable now that he had managed to relax into the feeling of being held, which never happened unless it was his mother doing so. He was being brought closer to the shore, to his delight, but was less pleased when he still could not touch the bottom. His emotions seemed to be tidal as his spirits rose again at the thought that Eric still wanted to hold him. Fabian made to lift his head and almost jumped when a soft kiss was pressed upon it. If he had just lifted it a bit higher, perhaps their lips may have met ... Fabian swallowed and went a little pink, hiding his head back into Eric's shoulder. It seemed like a good thing to do whenever he was embarrassed or frightened. The younger wizard had the nicest skin, peppered with drops of seawater that still managed to hold his distinct scent.

Fabian blinked suddenly and allowed himself to be brought out of the romantic stupour. The pleasant thrumming of Eric's voice made to draw him back in again but he had to focus on what was being asked of him. Despite having already been emotionally intimate with Eric, Fabian was still shy about his personal details. It was only fair to oblige the man.
"I don't think there's much to tell," he said humbly. He politely raised his head whilst speaking and had to lean back lest their faces touch. "My full name is Fabian Bartholomew. I'm twenty-three years old. Ahh ... I went to Hogwarts in Scotland since it was the closest to where I was brought up. I'm English, you see," said Fabian as he quirked the side of his mouth. As if he couldn't tell already. "I was a Ravenclaw then, and part of the Wizard's Chess Club. Other than that, I never really did anything remotely interesting." He laughed, flashing pearly white teeth. "I'm living with my mother right now to help her get set up in the village outside of Obsidian where she's moved. I normally live in a seaside cottage in Ireland." He paused, his mood lowering. "I don't know when I'll go back there, but not for many months." Fabian paused ponderously and ran his fingers absently down Eric's shoulders. He didn't want to think about going back ... but what else did he have to stay for when his mother was settled? He dared not hope that Eric lived here permanently. Maybe .... maybe I could visit, if he let me, thought Fabian hopefully. "And you, sir?" he asked Eric. He winced. Too formal. Or maybe not formal enough. Maybe I should be calling him 'Your Majesty'.

It was almost intoxincating to have been given such attention by someone that Eric did not want it to end. No of the men that he had dated where quite as caring as Fabian and Eric tried to get the others to simply relaxed but the all seemed more worried about other thing to do such a thing as relax. Or they played those silly little games that boys play with the flirting and the ridiculous laughing that reminded him of hyenas or giggling school girls. However Fabian was so diffeerent from the rest he simply enjoyed the sound of his voice or the touch of his hand which made Eric feel alive and strong which wasa rush that no one else could give him in this life time.

Eric listened to everything Fabian but found it hard with him running his finger over his shoulder. The simple touch gave him a shiver of pure excitement that ran from head to toe and the funny thing was that he had no desire to take the man home with him and have intercourse. It is not that he couldn't it was more that he wanted to treat Fabian with more respect than that and he had earned that and so much more from Eric. It was nice that the man did not shy away from him or also tried to not take advantage of him as if he was some object of lust it was another one of those thing that made Fabian so much more better than all the rest.

It is funny that Eric had gone to the school and was in the same house and yet he had never notice the man before. It made sense as to why they had not truely met Eric was to busy with his social life to even notice anyone else but his friends. He would have to kick himself later for it because after all this time if Fabian was the one then he had lost those earlier years and would have to make them up in one way or another.Eric was glad that Fabian was here but sad that he live far away but he was a more than capable wizard and so distance was not such a hard thing to handle when one can just appear where ever one so desired.

It was now his turn to speak and so he wouldd answer the same things that his prince had since it seemed fair."Well my prince my full name is Eric Allen Evans and I am twenty one going on twenty two. I love the english and am actually american." Eric laughed as if his southern twang did not give it away his new york tone should. "I went to the same school as you and was infact in the same house but I was a social busy body then." Eric said with a frown but quickly recover as he did not want to ruin the mood. " I live here but have homes in other locales around the world since I enjoy to travel. I work at the ministry as a wizarding examiner but one day hopes to be something else but I am still unsure as to what!" Eric said with a smile as he looked down at the older man with such care and affection. Eric rumbled with passion when the man called him sir it was a name that made him feel truly like a man capable of taking on the world...if fabian was be his side.

Eris didn't look displeased at being called 'sir', so Fabian decided he would stick with it for now until he got up the courage to call him Eric. He had to fight to blush every time Eric called him 'prince'. He certainly didn't feel like a prince. Princes didn't need to hang on to someone else for dear life when they couldn't reach the bottom of the ocean with their feet. Besides: princes married princesses. Fabian was much more interested in the idea of marrying the King ... he wildly thrust the thought of of existence. He sometimes dreamt of getting married, but it wasn't often that he felt one step closer to the dream. Really, the only thing he'd taken a step closer to was Eric. It didn't make him feel uncomfortable to think about him in that way. Fabian wanted to chuckle as Eric felt the need to add 'going on twenty-two' to the round of information he was receiving. He didn't mind that he was older, anyway. He may as well have been five years younger than Eric, from the way he felt next to him.

Fabian was stunned by the revelation that they'd gone to the same school. The same house, too! How had he not noticed Eric's handsome face and broad shoulders? He supposed that he probably hadn't been that tall since Fabian was two years above him, but even as an older student, Fabian had melted into the shadows. Only the teachers had known his name and face and could put them together. Neither of them would have noticed each other, thought he did recall an Eric somewhere in fourth year ... Fabian listened attentively as Eric described some of his job and life. It all sounded so prestigious to him, but he was probably in awe of the man in general. It came as no surprise to him that Eric was American - he sounded it, through and through. Fabian was reminded of the southern country gentlemen that his mother like to watch on television in the old black and white films. He grinned and pressed his hands onto Eric's shoulders again.
"You could do anything, s-s-....Eric." he corrected himself midway through the sentence. "You could rule a country!". Without so much as a warning, he hoisted himself up and remained poised there, supported by his hands on Eric's shoulders. He had predicted that the King wouldn't crumple beneath him and parts of his legs were still buoyed by the water, and he grinned down at Eric. Innocent Fabian didn't notice the fact that his navel was now level with Eric's nose. "See? You could hold the mountains on one hand!". Or just a scrawny ex-Ravenclaw, but the point was made. He made no mention of the fact that he was holding himself up admirably, but it was immaterial. He dropped gently down and smiled an impish smile.

Rule a country! It was arather interesting idea and one that had not escaped his imagination growing up he always felt like a prince himself and that his dad and mom were a King and queen like in the stories that Pawpa use to tell him at night before he was tucked in and left to his fantastic dreams. However as Eric grew older and knew that he was not like most boys in the fact that he prefered men exclusively to women than he he dropped such childish dreams of ruling the world in such a simplistic time. But every once in awhile the idea would rouse his imagination and he would be taken to a wonderful country side castle where he and his king-consort or husband whichever one would like to call the husband of a King would rule in such a regal way that he would be praised in songs and poetry for years long after he was gone from this exsistence. He also dreamed of becoming a cowboy and an auror but that was jsut because they where in his eyes the perfect kind of man that he dreamed he would be some day and in part he had became both or was rather close to becoming both.

Eric muscled flex on there own accord as his body reacted to fabians sudden movement that he had not even notice that he was in fact holding the man up out of the water some. The mans firm stomach was withinkissing distance and Eric for the nearly fifth time to tonight shivered with excitement but with great control held back from such an action as to kiss the mans stomach. However he could not hold out forever and so as the man lowered back down Eric gripped firmly as he reached a hieght that they were eye leveled with each other. Eric closed the distance between there lips and kissed the man in such a way that the heavens grew jealous of the beauty and power of it. Eric said in the kiss everything that he was feeling from happiness to fear, he promised a future where the man could be like this with him forever if he chose and told fabian everything he needed to know in order for him to let Eric in to his life.

The kiss was not rough or sloppy like a lustful kiss nor was it sappy or girlie like a bad romance movie it was a little in between, it had the strength of passion with out it being to over bearing. Eric did not force the kiss but would allow himself to move with the motion of the kiss while letting Fabian all the time in the world to react and to explore until he had his fill. Eric when he felt the kiss was done broke the kiss with great strength and found himself resting his head on fabians as his breath came in uneven heavy breath and his heart was on the verge of exploding in side his chest.

Maybe Fabian hadn't noticed the significance of his stomach being so close to Eric's lips, but he hadn't missed the short puff of breath on it that made him want to giggle embarrassingly as it tickled. All the laughter left him when he did not return to his original depth, but was encapsulated into close quarters again. This time, there was no turning away. "Oh..." managed Fabian weakly, before his lips were claimed utterly by Eric's. Some other part of him felt claimed simultaneously, though it would take a truck to wrest the truth that it was his heart. He had never been kissed in this way, or indeed, before. Pecks on the cheeks were nothing to the sudden rush that filled him from head to toe as he was kissed breathless and possibly witless. Reasonless also seemed like a viable adjective, for it seemed to fly out the window as Fabian tangled his fingers into Eric's hair and pulled him down for more when the kiss was broke. To the wind with propriety - he'd never felt so treasured in his entire life, and if it took a kiss that good to do it then damned if he wasn't doing it again. Every bit of tension in the evening had been building up to this point and there was, snogging a complete stranger to within an inch of his life. Forget princes and princess dreams, this was what he had dreamed about.

It was a long time before Fabian saw fit to draw breath, and as a result he was dizzy in Eric's arms. His pink tongue snuck out to lick the last taste of Eric from his own lips and there the moment was over. Or was it ... could it mean that Eric wanted to see him again? Their now-dry hair brushed each others faces as their foreheads were pressed together. The wind blew stronger and he shivered, this time with cold, and tucked himself closer again. The silence was beautiful, but it had to be broken in order to extend the pleasure of the man's company again. Fabian took a shuddering breath and spoke. "I take this to mean that I might meet you again soon?" he asked, huffing out a laugh. They were still so close that every word had his lips brushing against the other's so near him. "Please say that you will..." Maybe he was reduced to begging.

Eric laughed his all too hearty laugh as he pulled the man to the shore so that maybe they could go either back to his house where he could have a roaring fire or they could just as easily stay on the shore and Eric could summon a fire once he had his wand again. "Oh I would marry you if that was not improper for me having just met you! I am yours for now and until the end of the time and long after that if it is possible my sweet prince!" Eric said as he lowered the man to the ground when they were in shallow enough water and than this time grabbed the mans hand until they reached solid and non wet sand somewhere near there clothes.

Eric was happy that the man wanted to see him again and laughed when he thought that Eric would not want to for it was like breathing with out air it was impossible. Eric once on shore turned and kissed the man once more but this time it was a little less intense and a little lighter version of the firework kind of kiss that they just had in the water. Eric pulled away so that he could dress in his clothes again, he stepped into the night and pulled off his boxer as he kept all of his privates blocked from view before he jumped into his jeans and tshirt. He allowed Fabain time to dress as he turned his back to give him his own privacy. "So would you like to stay here on the beach or would you like to see where I live?" Eric asked with no hidden meaning to his words he spoke only truth to Fabian and would always tell the man the truth.

Fabian blushed appropriately as Eric spoke of marriage. He wondered what his mother would think if he came home with such a story. 'Oh, nothing out of the ordinary happened today, Mum. I must spent the evening sea-bathing with a foreign King who pledged himself to me forever and proposed'. If only. Yet he recognised the foolishness of the notion and resolved to find out everything he could about Eric. Eric whom? He wondered whether he might take the man's surname if they were to ... Oh stop being a girl, he thought, chastising himself. Next thing he knew, he'd be carving 'Eric + Fabian' on trees. He allowed himself to be towed to shore and was visibly grateful to have two feet firmly on the ground again. He even managed not to blush when Eric took his hand, like it was the most natural thing in the world. Fabian saw Eric laugh and he felt a brief moment of shame before it was banished by a kiss. Obviously the world was in no danger of turning upside down, since Eric was not going anywhere.

He 'allowed' the other man to let go long enough to dress, not managing to quell this blush as he snuck a peek of Eric's backside from where he was pulling on his own jeans. Fabian was no Gryffindor. His sense of honour had folded under the temptation to look, common sense tearing his eyes away as quickly as possible before he did something stupid like tackle him into the sand. All too quickly, Eric was dressed and promptly inviting him over. "Oh, is it close?" he blurted out enthusiastically. Fabian swallowed back his embarrassment and tried not to look too eager. "I guess it's not too late in the evening to go for a stroll." He regretted having not thought of inviting Eric over, himself, but he doubted his mother would be impressed this early on. Hopefully the taller Ravenclaw lived alone. A sickening thought struck him and Fabian paused in his rush to take Eric's side. "You haven't ... got anyone, do you?". Oh no. Oh, what if he had a wife and children? No, Eric wouldn't be dishonorable to them, Fabian was sure. But another boyfriend? Or just a jealous roommate. Fear squeezed his heart like a vice.

Eric laughed again the man was one to worry about every detail in the world instead of relaxing a little but he would be like all the rest if he just simply did relax. Eric stopped long enough to set the record straight and to ease Fabians mind "I am a one man kind of guy my prince, I have never been married I don’t have a million children running around except of course a goddaughter and she is not quiet born yet. I live alone and my house is paid for by myself so I never worry about a landlord...It is also nestled into a forest and so no neighbors either. I do not even have a pet!" Eric said as he remained facing away until his prince was fully dressed. "I hope that eases your mine some, you see I will always tell you the truth and you are free to ask me anything you want. I do not want to have secrets with you and you should not want to hold them back from me I am tired of the silly games that men play and I am ready to be a grown up now ." Eric went on to say he played with some sand as he realized his words sounded juvenile and petty.

Eric thought about Fabian even while he spoke to the man and his mind kept going back to the look of pure awe on the mans face every time he said anything or how smitten he was when Eric showed him just the smallest bit of affection. He never had that effect on other people before except the ones who only wanted to sleep with him which were the people that Eric tried to stay away from the most. Eric was a hopeless romantic and a little outdated for his time but the fact still remained that he was looking for love and not some fling or quick bump bump partner. Eric looked over his shoulder and looked at the all to beautiful man standing behind him the guy looked like something straight out of a fairytale and had wanted to be with Eric out of all the people in the world.

Eric was worried however that the man would not want to be with him especially once he got to know him, it was not like he was a murder or some creepy pervert or anything along those lines. It was just that all of Eric’s relationships tended to end before they truly began and he was slowly beginning to think that he was curse or something. Maybe he was dreaming as they spoke and if so then he prayed he never woke up, he wanted this to work and would due everything in his powers to make it happen. "As soon as your ready my prince we will go! I would rather walk than to apperate there."

Fabian couldn't help but chuckle a little when Eric added that he was a 'grown up man'. He certainly was, physically and apparently even financially, having secured his own house already. Perhaps it was a family heirloom, but it sounded more like a product of his work than an inheritance. He was pleased to note that not only was Eric free as a bird for him to claim, but had never been 'owned' by anyone else in wedlock. Strangely, Fabian got the feeling that Eric had always been gay. He'd obviously cottoned onto it a lot sooner than Fabian did, although he wasn't sure what he was to be honest. He supposed that both sexes were exactly the same for him and Eric had just stepped out like a shining star. Speaking of stepping out ... Fabian was so engrossed in what the taller man was saying that he nearly tripped on a large cinnamon coloured cat that was trying to wind its way around his ankles.
"Ludovic!" he said in alarm, scooping the feline into his arms where it leaned over to sniff Eric. "Heh.". Eric may not have had any pets, but Fabian certainly did, if the scruffy moggy counted as a pet. It was more like a piece of furniture. He wondered why the cat had traveled so far to greet him on the way home. Luckily they'd intercepted each other, for Fabian was going in the opposite direction that night. "I suppose you should meet my own little secret," he grinned at Eric. Ludovic lifted his head shamelessly to get a scratch under the chin from the man beside them. "This is Ludo. I guess he'll be accompanying us tonight," said Fabian, giving a slightly disapproving look to the cat. He and Eric had been walking for a short time but he was mildly startled by a winking porch light in the distance between the mesh of trees. The cat in his arms gave a 'brrp!' at the sight and, leaving an abandoned Fabian in his wake, leapt onto Eric's shoulder to get a higher vantage point. Fabian and the cat exchanged a look; his of warning and Ludo's of unabashed contentment. "Is that it over there?" he asked Eric with interest.

Eric when he saw that the man was ready began to walk back to his house which was just a few blocks from the beach. Eric loved the smell of the ocean but loved the mystery of the forest and so he managed to find a home that offered both. It was a rather lucky find but it hit the bank account rather hard but was worth it in the end. Eric had decorated the interior to match that of the exterior with a new age modern cowboy feel. It was home and it was all his he just hoped that once inside Fabain would like it.

Eric was about to hold the mans hand when out of nowhere a strange little feline appeared. It was a rather interesting cat and if it had not been Fabians Eric would have taken the cat home with him. However it was fabians and as such he simply watched how the two acted with each other and Eric want to fall over with laughter it seemed that cat acted like a cat but rather more like a human as the two exchanged looks. Eric scratched the small ludos chin before looking up to see his home getting larger as they approached.

"Yes that is my cottage and before you ask no I am not allergic to cats and yes he is allow in the house and may wonder to his hearts content." With that the cat climbed on to his shoulder with a sweet purr as it looked off into the distance at the house. " So Ludo is yours and how long have you have him? I am a cat fan but I do like dogs also I was thinking of buying a jack russel terrier but have not had the time yet." Eric smiledas he grabbed the mans hand feeling whole again as the man was within his touch.

Fabian shut his mouth, astonished. He'd been just about to ask Eric whether he was allergic to cats, but it seemed that his mind had been read. Even more astonishing was the fact that the younger man took his hand after having just pondered doing so, himself. A warm feeling spread from his fingers and all the way into his stomach. As usual, it also manifested itself in his pink cheeks, but it was a good and contented pink this time. Ludovic was peering down with interest at their entwined fingers. Fabian rolled his eyes at the cat and reached up to brush its ear fondly. His fingers trailed down Eric's shoulder as he did and he swallowed and focused on the house. All too soon they reached the gate. Fabian, thinking Eric might drop his hand to open it, held on slightly tighter as if requesting that he use the other one, just so that they could stay connected. It would be difficult to explain the sudden need to be beside him to his mother. Even Ludo looked interested and perplexed at how quickly his master had warmed to a new person in their lives. Speaking of the feline, Ludovic took a dainty leap off Eric's shoulder and onto the ground to inspect the house before they reached it. "Muow!" it said to the two men, obviously pleased. Something skittered in the bushes and off Ludo went to chase it. Fabian grinned and shook his head, leaning into Eric's shoulder.

He didn't know what he was expecting on the interior of the house, but Fabian had to stop in the entrance way as he'd been struck motionless. They'd entered into the most cosy looking home he'd ever seen, barring his own Irish cottage. Somehow everything inside just screamed 'Eric'. "Gosh." said Fabian to himself, not noticing that he was still holding Eric's hand. Suddenly he was aware of a ripple of magic as the standard house wards that almost every wizarding home had seemed to envelope him from head to foot. He felt briefly suffocated it before it was gone just as swiftly as it had come, leaving behind a pleasant feeling of homecoming. Apparently the wards, and the house, had accepted him. He looked to Eric and grinned like a little boy. It was quite a welcome.

Eric smiled as he noticed that the man had nothing to say since eric answered the questions before being asked, but that was only because Fabian was alway attentive and careful to what he did or what he said which was still something Eric would need to adjust to since it was something so new. The small cat jumped from his shoulder as they approached the two story log cabin most likely to chase after a mouse or a gnome both of which seemed common so close to the forest. Eric was going to let go of Fabian to open the gate for the man but was quickly persuaded by a tight grip to his hand Eric Laughed his famous laugh as he opened the gate with his other hand and took the lead as they climbed the front poarch and Eric drew his wand to unlock the door.

When the door was opened Eric stepped into the house and it seemed the place came alive. As lights turned on and the fireplace in the living room started up. They where standing in a beautiful foyer and before them lay a decent size room with a few pictures on the wall that ran from one frame to another on there own free will, while a few animal heads and fishes hung from there respected wall mounts as proof of all of Erics sucessful hunts. A small table stood near the door which had the male and his car keys and a few other things that someone would have in their pockets after a long day. Straight ahead of them was a set of ahardwood steps and to either side of the stairs along their respect walls stood a door leading to a different section of the house.

Eric needed a shower put did not know what to do with fabian until he was clean maybe the boy would want a shower as well and since there were two seperate one in the house he should ask ," Hey I need a shower I can show you to the spare bedroom and you could take one there if you like I have a few dry clothes for you but they maybe a little big but then after that we can snuggle up on the couch and get to know each other if it is not to late for you! If it gets late and you need a place to sleep I have the spare room whish is right off of my room or there is always the couch!" Eric said he cast a silent spell that would turn the coffee maker on.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back