Waiting for Lily

Hilary Grace

OOC First Name
debscute
Wand
debscute
Hilary had gone off to the lake to sit on the big rock. She felt she needed to talk with Lily, and they had received most of the class free. Just as she finished her HOM work she looked up and smiled at the lake.

Lily was finally finished with her HOM work, and decided to go meet up with Hilary down by the lake. She walked up to the rock where she was to meet her. "Hey." She was not her normal bubbly self, still in a major funk about Blake.

"Hey Lily, so is everything alright?" noticing that she wasn't as peppy as usual.

Lily sat down on the rock and pulled her knees up to her chin, wrapping her arms around her legs. She was cold, but didn't really care too much. Her chin rested on her knees as she looked out over the lake. "No, things are not alright at all. Blake is gone." As she admitted this out loud, tears started to fall down her face. She was angry and confused, and hurt and sad all at once.

Hilary's mouth dropped "What? When did this happen?" Her tone was between I'm worried for my friend and That b@stard!!!! ((:)P)))

Lily kept staring out over the lake. "Just this week. I don't even know why or what happened. He just sent me a note that said 'I'm really sorry'. That's it. Nothing else." Tears continued to fall down her cheeks as she sat, ironically in the same place where things really started with Blake back last semester.

"That jerk" Hilary whispered under her breath before scootching closer and patting Lily's back. "Why would he do such a thing, that's so low!" Her tone was a little soothing but also mad that he would leave just like that.

"I honestly don't think that he would just up and leave. I would bet that Joshua or Cloe are behind this." Lily replied. "Why would he just drop from school mid term otherwise?"

"Joshua and Cloe are.....his parents?" Hilary asked with a slight question in her voice. "Does it sound like something they would do??"

Lily sighed just a bit. She forgot that she hadn't had time to talk much with her friend after returning from Blake's house over the holiday. "I'm sorry. Yeah. Cloe Lestrange is his mom and Joshua Hanson is his dad. He just found out that Josh was his real father over the holiday. Right before Christmas in fact." Lily turned to look at Hilary better. "He gave me a friendship ring for Christmas. One that you can see the other person's mood and where they are. I can't get a solid read on his location, but I can tell he is hurting. I am sure this is not what he wanted to do at all."

Hilary frowned slightly and turned back to Lily, "Aw, that's terrible....but it's good that you have the friendship ring, do you think the reason you can't get a clear reading of where he is is because he's moving around a lot or because he's so far away." Just paused and looked worried "Okay because THEY don't want you to know where he is"

Lily sighed. "It might be everything. I really don't know. I think I will send a note to Josh and see if he knows anything. It is worth a shot, I guess. Unless they are all together." She put her head down on her knees again, her heart heavy and tears coming down her face again.

A few minutes later, an owl landed silently next to them on the rock. Lily did not notice, too consumed in her own world for the moment.

"Hello little buddy, how are you" Hilary said reaching her hand out to the owl and partially petting it. "What have you got there? Lily, there's an owl here"

Lily looked up in shock. "An owl? for me? Really?" She reached out to take the letter from the animal. "Do you have any treats Hilary?" Lily knew her friend's affinity for animals, and may have some treats on her. She did not recognize the handwriting, but opened it anyway.
Lily,
I was wondering if Blake is still at school with you. Cloe took off about a week ago. I have no idea where she is. I was just wondering what you know about things. Please send a response with my owl.
Josh
PS: Lily, what is your last name? I could not remember for the life of me. Thanks.

Lily's face dropped into one of shock. She was not sure what to do with this bit of information.

"You know me too well!" Hilary said with a smile as she pointed her wand into her backpack. "Accio Owl treats" she said and they flew out of her bag. She opened the little baggie a threw a few at the owl when she saw the surprised look on her friend's face. "Who's it from Lily?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back