Waiting for Him

Arianna Tipley

OOC First Name
Lizzy
Wand
Ash Wand 14 1/4" Essence of Hair from the Tail of a Male Unicorn
After the tedious task of buying her new school supplies, Arianna walked out of the Wizarding village of Obsidian Harbour, out to the muggle sea side. She had decided to get everything she needed while here in New Zealand, before she returned home to Canada. Her mind switched back to the ever present thought of the coming year. Fifth year just seemed too old. It felt like yesterday that she entered the castle for the first time, excited and naive. Now it all just seemed too daunting. What would she do when she left school? She had absolutely no plans, no interests, other than her guitar.

It was too nice of a winter day to be worrying about that, Arianna decided, and pushed the burden to the back of her mind. Besides, she had something much more exciting to look forward to. She had arranged to meet Austin, before they went away for the holidays. Arianna's stomach turned over at the thought, and she gave a little skip. After their meeting in the Lake, things felt as if they had changed. She was somehow more aware of his presence now, and found herself constantly embarrassed around him. Feeling rather immature, and hoping that he wasn't here already and hadn't seen that, she settled down on a park bench to wait for him.

Austin had recently bought a Ravenclaw ring, a pair of Hufflepuff Earrings and a Snitch ring. The latter two were not for him, you see. They were for his best friend, Arianna Tipley. Everything else was accounted for, and now, he was going to meet with Arianna before going away to the holidays. Oh, how he was so excited over this! Butterflies seemed to appear now when he even thought about Arianna. Was it because he seemed to like her? Maybe. Was it because he saw her without much on? Perhaps. Hey, he was a male – a teenager no less. But when he saw her as he walked down the sidewalk, he decided on everything he wanted to tell her.

First of all, he had made prefect, and second, Austin was going to join the Quidditch team. Austin loved talking to her, and well, he thought it was just a best friend thing. No, Aleyha was always pointing out how much he adored her. But Austin did not listen. Instead, he talked with his dad, Prodan Zhefarovich, after his holidays and everything was in the clear. Austin was so nervous about meeting up with Arianna though. He carried his duffel bag over his shoulder, packed full of necesseties as he was going to be staying at Arianna’s. This was the first time he had ever been to a girl’s house. Merlin forbid if Austin took Arianna to his house. Prodan and Cecily were known for their…candle hunting trips to say the least. His green eyes lit up when he saw Arianna sitting on a park bench. Strolling up with a big grin, Austin greeted, “Hey there!” He didn’t want to give her the presents just yet… He would wait a bit before he would.

The nerves that had already been gnawing away at her insides, began to increase as Arianna thought about seeing Austin soon. She tried to push them away, but failed. She shouldn't feel this way, she knew. She and Austin were friends. That was it, nothing more. Yet she couldn't help but wonder... Arianna looked around as Austin arrived. Not knowing what to do, she jumped to her feet "Uh... Hi" she managed, smiling at him. She sat back down awkwardly, her cheeks tinged with red, feeling stupid. "How are you?" she asked, unable to keep the smile of her face as she looked up at his face.

The bag at Austin's feet caught Arianna's eye, and her heart jumped. How could she have forgotten that he was staying at her house, all summer? How was she going to keep from blurting out embarassing things, for two whole months? "All ready?" she said, nodding at his bag "You'll love Canada. We have 24 hour daylight this time of year" she informed him, thinking of home. She was suddenly hit by a gloriously happy feeling. No more school for two months, and she would be spending it in her favourite place, with Austin. She couldn't think of anything better right then.

Austin was a little shocked to see her jump up, and then sitting back down. He chuckled, "I'm good." Austin could almost guess that Arianna was doing well, because she just jumped up and sat back down. Austin decided, it was now or never. He put the bag on the ground and he knelt down. Opening up the bag, there was a small present with yellow ribbon and Austin pulled it out. "Oh, I got something for you. And then I'll be ready. Well, two things, but they are small enough to fit in this box." Austin smiled and held the present out for her to take. He didn't know why he wanted to get her something. Maybe an early birthday present? Maybe he was just trying to be nice? Or maybe...he was trying to subconsciously get her to like him? Who knew?Austin often did things that even he was unsure of.

The Ravenclaw thought that she was joking about the twenty-four hour sunlight thing, but apparently not. Austin laughed, "Oh boy, I'll love it there! Well, more than the fact that I'll be spending time and meeting your family. I just hope they like me." Austin was nervous about meeting the family. He always has been. He didn't have to worry about Arianna meeting his family. Well, his father and step-mother. He would never take her to meet the Zhefarovich's if he didn't have to. They were dark people. Austin preferred to not know much about them, and well, if they were any worse than Professor Styx, no, he would rather keep Arianna away from them. Why did he not seem to care about others going around them though? Austin was protective over Arianna already. Well, he didn't mind. Austin zipped the bag right back up, and he smiled handsomely. He was ready to go to Canada!

Feeling incredibly stupid, she tried to keep some dignity "That's good" Ariianna said, still smiling. When he brought something out, and said it was for her, she didn't know what to say. Should she have got something for him too? "Ah- Thank you" she managed "You didn't have to" she added, taking the box carefully. She resisted the urge to shake it, and began to pull at the yellow ribbon keeping the lid on. She smowly unwrapped it, not sure if she was meant to keep it for later. She gasped as she pulled out the Huflepuff earrings. "Thank you!" she exclaimed, putting them carefully back in the box. She wanted to give him a hug, but instead, started to put the new earrings in her ears, replacing the plain silver ones that she'd had in.

Still a little shocked from the gift, Arianna rolled her eyes "They'll like you" she assured him, smiling. It was hard not to like the charming Ravenclaw. There was just something about him that made her smile. Somehow the idea of Austin meeting her parents seemed like a big deal, but she liked it. It meant that they were good friends. Her parents were sure to like him, they'd heard Arianna talking about him enough, that was for sure. She another thought "What about your family?" Arianna asked. She had already met Aleyha, and she had been interesting, to say the least. They must be pretty nice to have raised Austin to be the way he was. Though Ari had no idea how, he was related to Proffesor Styx, and the man scared her. She decided that she didn't mind if he had an interesting family. Her's was pretty disfunctional as it was.

Austin was glad - no, thrilled that Arianna loved the earrings. "I know I didn't have to, but for some reason, I wanted to." Austin shrugged lightly, trying to keep from smiling as big as an idiot. But he couldn't hide it in his green eyes. Austin moved to where he was sitting beside of Arianna, rather closely actually, and he smirked, "You look good in those earrings." At least he was telling the truth upon that. She was a good Hufflepuff - and not to be prejudice but probably his favourite of all Hufflepuffs. She was his friend after all. Austin bit his lip a bit, still unsure if her parents and family would like him. But he would enjoy them, that was for sure. Well, it wasn't like he was willing to allow anything to harm Arianna while he was around. Hell, he wasn't even sure if he could harm someone.

"They might like the idea of you hanging around a nerdy Prefect, wouldn't they," said Austin in jest, but he added on a more serious note, "I just unsure if they will, you know? I guess I just want to make a good impression." A flsuh came over his cheeks, and he chuckled, trying to will his blush away. Oh, it wasn't working. But what about his family? He had cousins and uncles and aunts galore, but it was his Grandfather that everyone had to worry about. Austin didn't know this, but it was his Grandfather that killed his mother, and was about to kill him if Prodan hadn't stepped in and raised Austin. "My family? Well, most you won't even meet. You know that goofy Muggle Studies professor with the brown hair and silver eyes? Professor Zhefarovich is his name, and that would be my dad. My mom...she died three years ago. Aleyha is my cousin but she was raised up as my sister. And then I have a half-sister who is just a baby still. But I think my dad would love you if you haven't met him already at the school." Austin didn't want to go into great details of his family. The Devearux side were nice people (why Dorothee had to be a ***** was unknown to them all) but the Zhefarovich's were much, much different. Just a handful of them turn out nice like Austin.

Arianna smiled, feeling a little embarassed but pleased that he would think of buying them for her, and there wasn't even a cause for celebration "Well, thank you" she said again, entirely sincere. Pink tinged her cheeks as he complimented her on the earrings "You have good taste" Arianna replied, avoiding the compliment slightly. She wasn't normally too self concious of her appearance, but she was a teenage girl, and was a little worried about how they looked. Trusting his opinion, she pulled her straightened hair back into a loose pony tail, so that the earrings were more visible.

"Wow, you got Prefect? That's awesome!" Arianna exclaimed. Austin seemed like the prefect type, so she wasn't really surprised. She on the other hand, had known that she wouldn't get the title, and wasn't really disappointed or anything. Leadership and rolemodelling wasn't exactly her thing. Arianna rolled her eyes once more "You have nothing to worry about, trust me" she told him, giving him an exasperated smile. It was true, her parents were sure to like him. And no doubt her sister would become attatched too. Arianna privately wondered why she would never this part of his family. He was coming to meet hers... Maybe they were embarassingor something. "I've heard the name..." she said slowly trying to match his description to a familiar face. "Maybe next year. What does he teach?" she asked, blinking back up at him.[/b]

"You are very welcome," Austin replied, and he smiled gently. He thought it was great to finally get someone something. He was not one to buy something for someone unless they meant a lot to him. Perhaps he was being attached to her? It was possible. He wasn't surprised - and neither were a lot of others. Azerail too enjoyed a certain Hufflepuff. Soon, Austin would see why. For some reason, they were both attracted to Hufflepuffs. Maybe it was their colorful personality? Maybe. Austin chuckled, "I try. Then again, well, I just used my common sense." Austin released a sigh, and he just hoped that he didn't seem like the girly type now picking out jewelry.

His own Ravenclaw ring sparkled in the sun. It was nice, having silver on his finger. It wouldn't turn his finger green, thankfully. "Thanks, so you better be on your best behavior or else I might have to punish you," joked Austin teasingly. He didn't really know what in the hell he would be doing. Austin felt reassured - somewhat. "I trust you then. But if I get killed though, for reasons unknown, well... I can only hope that I can stay calm and not freak out." Austin shrugged lightly. Austin was prone to well, nervous and anxiety issues. However, they were mild. Well, kind of mild. It didn't happen much at all. "Um, Muggle Studies, years three through five. I think he makes everything fun, so he is that type of professor, and not like uncle Styx at all. Er, Professor Styx rather. Imagine someone of complete opposite of Styx, then you would get my dad." Austin chuckled lightly. He enjoyed his immediate family, but it was the others that were the problem.

Thoughtfulness was so uncommon these days, which made Arianna all more the more pleased with the gift. She laughed "Fair enough. Maybe you're sense is uncommonly good" she told Austin, raising her eyebrows and smiling. Now she was just feeling a little bad about not getting him anything "By the way... No particular reason... Just wondering, you know... When's you birthday?" Ari asked as casually as she could. However Arianna had always been a terrible actress, and was sure Austin would see right through her. Subtly was an art, and she had never learned it. Now that she actually thought about Austin's birthday, whenever it was, Ari wondered what exactly she would get him? He liked Quidditch, she knew that from their first meeting. And books too, because of his house. She just hoped that his birthday was a few months away.

Arianna laughed "You couldn't punish me" she teased him. Not that she ever did anything worth punishing, but still. Arianna just laughed at his next comment, not going to reassure him any further. Austin would see how welcome he would be soon enough. Well that explained why she had never met him, never having taken Muggle Studies "Well, I'd probably get along with him then" she said quietly "No offence to your... Uncle or anything" she added. It must be scary having Professor Styx for an uncle. Maybe he was better when got to him... Somehow Ari doubted that.

"I can only hope, you know?" Austin chuckled. He only hoped that he had excellent common sense yet he couldn't even tell that he liked Arianna. Go figure. Austin raised an eyebrow. Why was she asking when his birthday was, but in any case, Austin answered, his voice revealing that he was suspicious, "November nineteenth... Whatever you are thinking of pulling, it better not be a surprise party. I hate those things." Of course, Austin was over-thinking things. By far too much. Austin smirked and he shrugged, "I could; I could always punish you by making you sit in a classroom with me in a staring match." Austin laughed softly under his breath, as he knew that he could win that. There was no way he could stop looking at a pretty girl, or even a friend. He could always talk her to death as well. "You would. Girls love him!" Though not in the way Austin was thinking...</COLOR>
<COLOR color="#000">People came, and flew to Canada, time passes...
Austin stared up in his bed that he was sleeping in. The holidays were coming to an end. Austin stared up at the ceiling, and at first, things seemed rather odd, and now, Austin fit right in. He got out of bed, and (he was sleeping in Falcon's room) he changed into another outfit to start the day. Austin didn't really want to go see if Arianna was awake. What if...? That always crossed his mind. Austin sat back down on the bed, wondering what time it was. Then again, it was hard to tell in a place where the sun always was out. Then again, this seemed like a nice time to go swimming really. Would Arianna go with him alone, or would Falcon come too? Austin didn't mind him, not at all. Austin also wondered if anyone else would be coming to Arianna's house, if it were just him or not. Austin didn't know many of Arianna's friends, actually, take that back, he didn't know any of her friends. Every day, Austin seemed too nervous to leave his bed after waking up. You would think that after a while, he would get used to being here. This was the first time being at another person's house, especially another girl's. Austin played with his Ravenclaw ring, as he waited to hear sounds in the house, to inform him that others were awake.

Arianna tried an innocent smile, but it seemed he hadn't really caught on "Don't worry, I won't" she said, shaking her head, the new earrings tinkling as she did so. Somehow, being 'forced' to stare at Austin did not seem like a punishment, more of a reward really. Keeping that thought private, she said "Oh, I'm scared now" in a mock tone. Arianna smiled "Definitely next term then" she said genuinely. She was quite interested to see what Austin's family was like, and his father sounded quite nice. She help but worry that he wouldn't like her, which she knew was quite hypocritical, considering their conversation of a minute ago.</COLOR>

<COLOR color="#000">...What you said.

Arianna woke up, forgetting for a moment who was in her house, as she was curled up in her own familiar bed. After a minute or two however, it came back to her, and a shock was sent through her system. Her warm covers forgotten, she climbed silently out of bed. She got dressed quickly, and slipped out of the room. Padding quietly across the landing, she paused outside the door to Falcon's room, where Austin was staying. Ari hesitated, not sure whether she wanted to make a sound. They might both be still asleep. She hadn't even looked at the time, and with darkness outside the window, it could be any time "Is anyone awake?" she said quietly, steeping back a little from the door in case it opened.

Austin heard footsteps, and immediately, he could feel the heart pounding in his thoracic cavity. Austin listened in case whoever was outside at the door was going to say something. Austin slipped a piece of gum in his mouth, and started to chew. It was a habit he picked up recently. Austin made sure his hair looked all right, and then the voice came through the door, asking if anyone was awake. Quietly, he stood up and approached the door of the room. Austin twisted the handle and he opened the door seeing that familiar face of Arianna. It lit up his face, literally. His green eyes sparkled and his smile increased by a ton. "Well, yes. I don't know about Falcon or anyone else for that matter though." Boy was he glad that he changed out of his pajamas! No way would he want her to see what he wore - which was a pair of black pants and no shirt which was not a big deal for for him it was.

Arianna was very relieved, and pleased- More than she should've been, to see Austin open the door "Morning" she whispered, a smile playing at her lips. It was so weird seeing Austin in her house, she still wasn't used to it. Averting her eyes to out the nearby window, so as not to stare at him, which she had found was very easy to do, she gestured outside "Do you want to go outside?" she asked him, looking at him questioningly. While they were here, in summer, it made sense to make use of the warmth and light, before returning to school. And there was so much to do, especially with the river running past the house.

Austin glanced over at the window, and he saw the river outside. He felt like he wanted to go outside. Then, Arianna guessed it, and Austin chuckled. She had to be on the same brain wave. "Sure, like, going swimming or climbing a tree or what do you want to do?" Austin leaned against the doorway, and he admired seeing Arianna. But he averted his gaze down to his shoes. They were simple slip-ons, and he could easily climb a tree with his shoes. They had a good grip and friction on rough surfaces. But anything that he wanted to do today was fine, as long as he did it with Arianna. Austin enjoyed hanging out with her. She was freaking awesome in his opinion.

Arianna grinned when Austin seemed enthusiastic about going outside too "We can even climb a tree, and from it into the river!" she said a little loudly, almost forgetting to keep quiet. The sound of someone shifting in a nearby room made her whisper again "Lets go!" She whispered, before leading him downstairs, through the kitchen, grabbing a couple of apples, and out into the summer sunshine. The noise restrictions gone, she turned to him, smiling in a rare, carefree way. She did not care about the way her hair looked, or whether she was wearing the right clothes. Arianna felt entirely comfortable, in her favourite place, with who was fast becoming one of her favourite people.

"Catch me if you can!" Ari said quickly, before sprinting off towards a tree at the river bank. The grass was dry and springy beneath her feet, and the wind blew her loose hair back from her face as she ran as fast as she could. Reaching a tree on the bank, she clambered up it, scrabbling with her bare feet. Waiting until Austin had amost reached, Arianna launched herself sideways into the river, not caring that she was fully clothed.

Austin chuckled softly when she had forgotten to keep quiet. Knowing him, he would have too. After some things were gathered and soon they were out the door and running across the dry grass. She didn't seem to care about how she looked - even though even in the morning or while she was asleep, Austin admired her appearance but thought it was entirely wrong to like a friend. Especially one that he had no idea whether or not liked him back. Austin smirked, "Oh you know I will!" He didn't bother ripping off of his shirt this time, but he did take off his slip-ons. There was no telling if he would lose his shoes to the dark depths of the river. Austin climbed up the tree, after Arianna launched herself into the river, and he wondered how in the world had he been so lucky making such a fun friend? Making sure that he would be away from Arianna, he jumped into the river. Making a large splash, but that dare still remained in his mind. Swimming under the water, Austin quickly swam in to wrap his arms around the Hufflepuff by the waist. Well, it would be catching her, right?

Arianna held her nose as she hit the water, and let herself bob back up to the surface, drifting in the lazy current. She felt the splash from Austin entering the water, and looked around, trying to spot him. A few seconds later she was grabbed around the waist, and began to struggle, laughing. Her heart was thumping, and she was very aware of how close they were, as she attempting to slip from his grip. Giving up, she settled for sending waves of water towards his face "You're gonna get it" Ari teased him, attempting to soak him even more. Relenting after a while, she wiped the water from her face, and smiled up at him "It's great having you here" Arianna said, in a softer tone. She didn't often have friends from Hogwarts over to her house, but she was immensly enjoying having Austin here.

Austin hated that he had to keep his hold on Arianna became the water always made everything even more slippery. However, he had to release her when she splashed him, and got him even more soaked as it was. Slowly, he wiped the water from his face, and his hair, and he smirked at Arianna. "I think I might have gotten it, eh?" Austin smiled at Arianna, and he stared at her when she spoke in a softer tone. "It's great being here with you as well." For the first time traveling to a foreign country with someone from Hogwarts, it had been a blast. Austin adored it, but even more, he adored spending time with Arianna. His friend. Austin just hoped that one day, maybe one day, she could come over to his house, so long as his parents behaved and not did any other special activity in the night.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back