Waiting for Callum

Alexis Ziamian

OOC First Name
Claire
Alexis made her way up the long staircase, and came to the 7th floor corridor. It was a place she liked to be. it was also the place that Callum had asked to meet her. She wondered if he'd turn up. It was unlikely.

Callum looked at his watch. He was late for the meeting with Alexis. He rushed up the stairs and was relieved to find Alexis still there. "When did you get here? I'm sorry i'm late, I had some studying to do, and completely lost track of the time", Callum said in a rush.

Alexis laughed at his long string of questions. "Don't panic. I only got here.. 2 minutes ago. And I always lose track of the time, its nothing to worry about". She said, brushing her blonde hair out of her eyes.

Callum smiled. He liked the way this girl was treating him. "Oh.. about the meeting. It was kind of a plan to get you up here and chat with me." He gestured with his hands. "Theres nobody here..." He grinned. "So how are you? What do you do in your spare time?"

Alexis felt like running while she could. Callum had tricked her into meeting him. Why hadn't she realised it was the corridor that was almost always empty...?

But she compromised. "I'm ok... In my spare time I like to read. And sing. Want to hear a bit of a song?" She asked, grinning.

Callum laughed. Not rudely, just a kind laugh.
"Sure, why not?"
Even if it was bad, it couldn't hurt, and it would show his kindness to Alexis by listening to her sing.

Alexis shuddered. She had been hoping he had said no. She was so nervous, she was scared it would sound like a complete and utter mess. This had been a bad idea.

"Well.. Ok, here goes nothing."

Alexis started singing one of her favorite songs. Her voice was smooth like silk, and calming.

Callum stared at Alexis the second she started singing. It was like he had been hypnotised by her. He savoured the moment, and when she finished, started to clap.
"That was.. incredible! Why have you never told anyone about your amazing talent?"
He was mesmerised by Alexis's good looks and beautiful voice.

"Oh come on, you're exagerating.", Alex said, even though she had to hide her face because she was blushing. "I'm no better at singing than any other human. Anyway, I don't want to sing when I'm older, it's just a silly hobby. Like I said, something I do in my spare time, so please don't make a big fuss about it... the discussion is over". She turned to leave.

Callum sighed inside as Alex waffled. But when she turned to leave, he felt quite a different feeling.
"Wait!"
He grabbed Alex's jumper and hung on for dear life. "I'm sorry about what I said if it made you feel.. Uncomfortable. But I really think we should get to know each other a bit more."

Alexis felt a sharp tug on her jumper.
"What?"
She heard him talk about getting to know each other.
"And I really don't". She said. "You're pushing it. What do you want from me? You lie to me, and then you make silly comments about my voice! I don't understand what you expect from me!" She was shouting now. A tear fell down her cheek.
She sobbed. "Oh I'm sorry!". She said between sobs, and fell into Callums arms.

Callums heart skipped a beat when Alex said she didn't wan't to get to know him. Then it skipped another beat when she fell into his arms.
"It's ok", Callum said softly, stroking Alex's hair. He wiped her tear with the back of his hand and kissed her cheek.

No. Callum couldn't let Alexis get away so easily.
"Come on, you're sure you can't stay for.. five more minutes?"
He didn't want to push his luck.
"And are we.. going out?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back