OOC First Name
Cyndi
Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Married
Wand
Straight 15 1/2 Inch Sturdy Larch Wand with Meteorite Dust Core
Desi had been looking for Kayleigh all week. They didn't have any classes together, being in different years and all. And, they didn't have any mutual friends, mostly because they were in different houses. So they didn't often just run into each other. Looking for her had proven to him just how large the school was.

He'd spotted her today inside the Great Hall and rather than interrupt while she was eating, he finished his meal and then waited just outside in the entrance hall for her to appear. It felt like it took forever- really, how much could that girl pack away?- but finally, he thought he spotted her coming out. Desi had plans for their day. They'd lost an entire summer looking for the secret room, and he was determined that they would find it this year.

The beginning of the year was a busy time. The Slytherin girl's hair was back to blonde, which she had to change for over the holidays, lest her dad see her pink hair. He was the one who had sent Kayleigh the muggle hair dye, but with strict instructions, and if she wanted anything from her dad again, she knew better than going home with pink hair. Still, Kayleigh had been taken off the market, as some would say, over the break. Obviously the hair dying had worked, because her and Orwell were now an item, which she loved saying. Apart from catching up with a few friends, and quidditch practice, Kayleigh liked to spend all of her time with her boyfriend. Often Orwell would be busy with the Wild Patch Club, which she had now joined, or with his best friend, but Kayleigh understood their friendship, and tried not to get upset about it. However, today she had plans to help Orwell in the gardens, and was excited to see him and help him with whatever it was he had to do. Kayleigh waved good-bye to her friend as they exited the Great Hall, her stomach full and mind happy. She saw her friend Desislav hanging around outside the Hall and she quickly turned to go say hi to him before she went to the gardens.

Desislav was on his feet and heading towards Kayleigh as soon as he confirmed it was her. "Kayleigh...we have so much to do today. I was speaking with my older cousins when I was at the Zhefarovich Manor" he rolled his eyes at that, not having wanted to make the trip this time around, "and I think they might have given me a clue about where to find the secret room. Isn't that great?" He delivered that last bit excitedly. "If we head out now, we might even find it by the end of the day! Then, you could do your...sword thing in there while I work on some pranks." Desi couldn't wait. He was confident that they'd do it if they put their minds together.

When Desislav started talking to her, Kayleigh blanched. She didn't even get a chance to greet him, never mind him greeting her back. His news was exciting for sure, and Kayleigh could feel a grin growing on her face. "Des, that's amazing, that's so awesome, but I can't today, I've already made plans with Orwell. We can do it...next weekend or something, or one evening, you could get a head start today if you wanted to!" Kayleigh offered. She felt bad for bailing on him, but she had already made plans and Orwell was supposed to come first for her now.

Seeing the smile on her face and her saying that his news was amazing just made Desi even more excited for the day. They finally might have a break, the chance to actually find this room. But then Kayleigh kept speaking and Desi's smile dimmed until it was just gone. He moved his hand off of her arm where he'd been about to whisk her upstairs. "Oh, I see" he replied, silent for a moment. "We're supposed to work on this together , Kayleigh, and we haven't done anything since last year. Can't you see Orwell later?" Desi was trying to capitalize on this information, and he couldn't understand why Kayleigh wasn't getting that.

The mood between the two had shifted and Kayleigh had a feeling how Des was feeling. But it wasn't her fault, and she had been putting in the effort to find the room, what was one more day? The blonde stood in silence as Desislav questioned her. Kayleigh huffed when he finished. "No I can't. I've already made plans. You can't just show up and expect me to drop everything Desislav, we can do this another time when we are both free. I can't just cancel on Orwell." She replied, feeling herself getting angry.

"Of course you can't" Desi replied, his tone growing surly. The Gryffindor couldn't believe that his friend was turning him away to be with her boyfriend. She'd only known him for a few months and already she'd changed. "Fine. FINE" Desislav huffed, finding himself especially annoyed and hurt by the fact that she would choose Orwell over him. She knew how important this was to him. The Gryffindor didn't think he was asking for much, just some time with his friend. "Go be with your stupid Ravenclaw boyfriend." Desi knew that Orwell wasn't actually stupid. He used a lot of words that Desi didn't know, but in an argument all was fair to him. "Some friend you are" he muttered just loud enough to be heard as he turned away.

Kayleigh shook her head slightly in disbelief over Des's reaction. She couldn't understand why he thought she should drop everything like she had no life or nothing else important to do. He was important to her, but he was acting like a twit. Kayleigh narrowed her eyes when Desislav called Orwell stupid, her jaw dropping slightly at his last comment. "You know what Des, I think it's you that's stupid." She scowled, before storming away from him, absolutely fuming.

Desi had already started walking away when he heard Kayleigh's words. The words froze him in place, his back stiffening and his eyes narrowing. He didn't turn back though. Instead, he stood to his full height, not wanting her to know how hurt he was. Without a word to the backstabber, Desi began to walk. He stomped off towards the steps, mumbling under his breath about not needing anyone's help let alone a Slytherin's as he walked. Desislav couldn't believe Kayleigh.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back