Half Blood
Relationship Status
Seeing Somebody
Sexual Orientation
Asaiah
Wand
Curly 9 Inch Flexible Willow Wand with Hippogriff Feather Core
</FONT></COLOR></SIZE>
The new schoolyear had only just begun, yet Freya already had a feeling that it was going to be a whole lot better than the last one. She had been on her own a lot during her third year and had now gotten to realize that perhaps it wouldn't be a bad idea to socialize with people a bit more. Not quite knowing where to go she had been making her way towards the common room because she knew for sure that there were almost always people to talk to in there. However once she had reached the fourth floor Freya decided that she'd go to the student lounge instead. She hadn't been there for a while, but she had always liked the room.

Once she had entered the room she found it to be rather busy and Freya stood still for a moment, contemplating about whether she'd stay there or make her way to the common room after all. Her eyes scanned the room and found an empty sofa close to the windows. For some reason it seemed like the perfect spot, even if she did have to make her way through a group of students who were standing, talking in the middle of the room. Eventually Freya had made her way through, after a couple of sorry's and excuse-me's, and sat herself down on the sofa. Perhaps she should have looked for a spot where someone was sitting and asked if she could join them, but Freya's ideas often came around when it was already to late. So instead she took her sketchbook out of her bag and looked around, wondering if there was anything in the room that would be interesting enough to draw.​
<SIZE size="50"><COLOR color="#000"><FONT font="Verdana">

Matthew was starting to get used to the way this school was set up, and he felt way more proud of finding the Student Lounge on his first try than he should. He was going to look through his photographs around here, and maybe make a few more if it wasn't too busy. He wanted to pick out the perfect photos for his next letter to Leah, and also a few to send to his sister Charlotte. The first thing he did when he entered the room was scan for his other sister Odette, the girl he hadn't talked to yet and had only seen in the yearbook. She wasn't here, and he felt relieved. He wouldn't have known what to do if she had been here.

In order to see if his pictures were any good, he'd need a lot of light. The best spot he saw was occupied by a blond girl, but he figured there was enough room for two. After squeezing past some people that were in the way, he managed to make his way over there. He smiled at her and gestured to the seat next to her on the couch. "Do you mind if I set here?" He asked politely. It seemed like he wasn't the only one that had noticed how good the light was over here, the girl looked like she was about to draw something. "Are you an artist?" He asked, his curiosity getting the better of him.

Freya let out a small sigh as she stared at the sketchbook before her, the page she was looking at almost as blank as her mind at that moment. She had nothing, no inspiration whatsoever on what she was going to sketch. So instead she started flipping through the pages, hoping to perhaps find some sort of inspiration in any of her previous sketches, drawings and watercolors. When she noticed someone approaching her Freya looked up to notice someone standing in front of her, asking whether he could sit. "Sure." She smiled at him, not seeing any problem in the boy sitting on the couch with her.

At his second question Freya couldn't help but slightly chuckle. "I wouldn't call myself that." She replied truthfully. She had been drawing ever since she was young, but she wasn't very fond of showing anything she had made to others. What if it she had been doing it forever and wasn't even any good? Not that she did it because she wanted it to be good, she did it for the fun of it. So, no, she never had called herself an artist and she probably never would. "I mean, that's a big word to use. I do enjoy drawing and stuff though." She smiled, wondering why the boy would be interested in that.​
<i>
</i>

Matthew took his seat next to the girl and glanced over at her sketchbook as she flipped through it. To him, these drawings looked really good. He didn't recognize the girl from his classes, so he judged her to be a year below him. Maybe two? He wasn't very good at reading people's ages. For all he knew, she was older then him. "I think it looks pretty good." He told her with a smile. "I'd call you an artist, unless you would be uncomfortable with that. In that case, pretend I didn't say anything." He hesitated before extending a hand. "I'm Matthew Harper, I transferred here this year." He figured that it might help the other girl to know that, in case he said something that didn't make any sense at Hogwarts. "And all I can draw are stick figures. It's probably why I let my camera do all the work for me instead."

Freya looked up from her sketchbook and smiled at the boy when he told her his opinion on her drawings."Thanks." She had been kind of oblivious to the fact that he had been watching as she was flipping through, but perhaps it wasn't a bad thing to have someone look at them from time to time. "If that's what you want to call it, be my guest." She chuckled, right after which he confirmed her thoughts about not having seen him around before. "I'm Freya." The fourth year introduced herself to him before closing her sketchbook and placing it on her lap, interested in what the boy said next. "So you're a photographer?" Freya asked him, as she grew slightly excited about the fact that perhaps she had just met someone who was interested in visual arts as well. "Do you take any specific kind of pictues?"​
<i>
</i>

It was always nice to meet another friendly person, but especially one that was also interested in art, even if it was different from him. "It's nice to meet you Freya." He told her honestly. The name sounded European, and he wondered where the girl was from. It wasn't really something he could ask without being rude, so he didn't. He saw that she closed her sketchbook and hoped he hadn't embarrassed her by looking at her drawings, he hadn't meant to. Instead of asking her about it, he answered her question. "I suppose I feel the same way about the word photographer as you do about the word artist." He told her with a slight smile. "I don't really know if I deserve that title, but I do like photography a lot." He had to think about her second question for a moment before answering. "Well, I tend to take muggle style pictures, because I prefer them to be still instead of moving if that makes sense. It's more special to me to capture a single moment, in a way." He shrugged, hoping she wouldn't think that odd. "But I like both nature photos and photos of people. They are both fun in different ways."

</FONT></COLOR></SIZE>
Freya smiled at him after she had introduced herself. The fact that he mentioned that he transefered to Hogwarts did make her wonder where he went to school before, but she felt like perhaps she shouldn't ask him. She could understand that it might be a question a transfer would get asked often, which could get irritating after a while. "Well look at that, we've already got something in common." She chuckled, after he told her how he felt about being called a photographer. It was a difficult thing to just allow yourself to be given a title like that, even if some people might think that it's not that big of a deal. "Don't worry, it makes sense." Freya smiled at him, knowing precisely what he meant. Their house used to be full of wizarding pictures, but whenever her father was home being away he'd bring her the pictures he had taken. He loved art and photography and was the one who supported her in developing her drawing skills over time. "Sounds interesting." She smiled, getting curious about what his pictures would be like, as there were so many different ways to take a photograph. "Do you by any chance have some with you?"​
<SIZE size="50"><COLOR color="#000"><FONT font="Verdana">

sorry dat dit zo slecht is

Matthew really felt like he was connecting with Freya in a way he hadn't really done at this school yet. He didn't often meet people that were creative like him and wanted to discuss it in this way, which felt good. He laughed when she said they had something in common, feeling the same way. "Yeah, I suppose we do." He told her. "I guess we're both too humble to take on that title yet. Maybe we should just accept the compliment from each other?" He gave her a smile, raising his eyebrows slightly.

He was glad she said it made sense, he felt a little embarrassed to admit it every time but so far here at Hogwarts people had all been understanding. When she asked if he had any with him, he blushed slightly. He did have some with him, actually, since he had been going to pick out which ones to send to Leah when he wrote her. "I do, actually." He said with a shrug, taking them out of his bag. "Some are pretty bad, but I've been taking pictures of the grounds and the castle to send to my best friend back home in America."

Freya could only smile when he agreed with her. She was glad to have met someone who was into arts as well, as she couldn't recall any people she'd met before to be that interested in something she liked. Not that she had met tons of people, she somehow had kept a low profile in her first few years as she had been trying to figure out the world outside of her home. She still was, but she felt like there had already made some improvements, like trying to be less awkward and silent and more confident in herself. And being confident came with talking to others and meeting new people, preferably even making new friends as she could definetely use some more. "I think that would be the best thing to do." She chuckled softly as she nodded in response to Matthew's proposal of just accepting each others compliment.

As soon as she had asked him whether he had some of his pictures with him Freya could notice the boy slightly blushing and she wondered if she had made him uncomfortable by asking. Perhaps he wasn't too keen on showing them to people, just like she wasn't one to just go around and show everyone her sketches. "That's awesome." She smiled at him when he told her about taking them so he could show his best friend what the school and its grounds look like. "Could you show me some?" She asked, curious about how he would have captured the grounds and the castle, considering the size of everything. "I mean only if you want to, if not that's totally fine as well." The fourth year quickly added, knowing how a question like that could sometimes cause people to feel obliged to do so, and making someone feel that way was the last thing she wanted.​
<i>
</i>

Matthew felt pleased when Freya laughed at his comment. He enjoyed it when people thought he was funny, especially when he made really bad jokes. This hadn't been that bad, but there was still potential for the future. Freya might run away screaming, though, and he didn't want that.

He felt oddly hesitant about showing this girl his photos, even after he quite readily took them out when she asked. But she had been very nice so far. Even if she hated them, surely she would be too polite to tell him that to his face. He smiled at her reassurance that he didn't have to show her his pictures, that made him feel better. "Sure, here you go." He handed her a small folder with pictures in it of the castle. A few of the grounds and the outside of the building, a few closeups of flowers. He captured the sunset at the lake, with the light reflecting off it, and had taken a few pictures of the greenhouses where he played with the angles of the windows. A few were taken inside as well, one of the Hufflepuff Common Room early in the morning with sunlight streaming in, and one of a suit of armor, a close up of it's 'face'. Matthew hesitated as he looked at Freya. "I've just been trying to get a sense of what I've seen here, to share it with her." He said with a small shrug.

Freya could almost see the hesitation on the boys face after he had taken out his pictures, but took a moment before he decided to hand them to her. She knew that feeling of hesitation like no other, being afraid of people's judgements when you try your best to stand behind your work and be glad with what you've accomplished. It had always been one of the reasons why she wasn't very keen on showing people her own sketches and drawings, but if she was starting to get more secure she might as well try that when it came to her art. "Thanks." She smiled at Matthew as he handed her his pictures. Freya looked at them one by one, handling them with as much care as she could. She had never expected the pictures to be bad, in fact she wasn't even sure what she had expected, but the pictures he took were seriously good. "These are amazing." The fourth year Puff said, as she handed the pictures back to Matthew. "I mean in my eyes they really capture the feeling of what it's like to be here." Freya smiled, hoping it would make him feel less hesitant about everything and a bit more proud of the pictures he took. "I think she'd be very happy when these arrive."​
<i>
</i>

Users who are viewing this thread

Back