Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Married
Sexual Orientation
Madlyn
Wand
Lignum Vitae Wand 16" Essence of Dragons Whisker
It had been a few months since chayton had been in new zealand. once he had graduated the part giant had moved back to America where he had helped his dad with his horticulture as well as fixing all sort of machines. his ability t do magic out of school helped a lot. otherwise his hands wold be to large to work with delicate machines. but thankfully he was able to magnify them so they ere larger when he was working. he was still dating madlyn and loved her, but no matter how much she told him otherwise he didn't think she liked him back in the same way. half of him always thought she was too good for him but the other part hoped that was wrong or she didn't mind.
Today he was in new Zealand. he had to get some bubotubor bulbs for his dad, but that was really just a cover to spend some time there. he had always found new zealand a happy place. America held both good memories for him, most of them were under cars, or in when he was young with his mom and grandparents, before he was too tall to visit the city and his mom had fallen ill and then died, Canada also had bad experiences for him when he had been at school and had been mistreated for what he was. however his time in new zealand he been good. his time there had been good. sure school hadn't been perfect. but he had had friends, proper friends, and they had stuck up for him when the odd person had bean mean. and most importantly it was his time here that he had grown into himself he no longer was super insecure or shy, sure he wasn't the loudest person but at least e wasn't ashamed of himself any more. he was walking along obsidian harbour, standing fairly tall. he stopped in the apothecary to talk to the owner about his supplies (he didn't need any more suppliers) and but the ingredients to the shrinking potion. and he called into the garden centre to get the bulbs. then he took the rest of the day for himself looked thought some of the shops. had some lunch, and by mid afternoon he had done everything he wanted to do but he wasn't ready to go home. instead he had a large box of fries (someone his size a large pack was not really that large) and was sitting on the waterfront alternating between eating a fry and throwing one to the seagulls.

Sighing to himself, the Finnish man wasn't having a good day. He had just finished work for the day, and while it was slightly earlier than he should finish normally, he had just called it a day. Some days there was just not enough sport to cover for all the staff of the sports bit, and since Celestyn was the youngest of the lot, he was the one who got sent home early. It didn't affect his pay, but it was annoying, with few friends and little that he knew in New Zealand, he was sort of stuck. Stuck with nothing to do, and no one to spend that time with. It was his own fault, that much he realised. He hadn't really tried to make friends with people. He wasn't closed off, he just didn't like being in New Zealand, so he hadn't made the effort he would if he was back in his home country. Celestyn didn't know what made him stay in New Zealand. he could apparate, he wasn't good at it, but he could, so it would be very easy for him to just go back to his home country, and yet he stayed in New Zealand. Despite finding it boring. He guessed in the back of his mind it was really just him wanting to stay close to family, but Celestyn wasn't too family. All in all, it just meant that he was settling down in New Zealand, and he wasn't quite ready for that yet. Well, that he didn't want to quite be ready for. It was however fairly unfortunate that he was in fact doing not too badly in this land so far from his own. It was perhaps that, that made him think that sticking around wouldn't be an awful idea.

The streets were fairly busy, as it was of course just the afternoon, and most people had places to be and things to do. Not for the Finnish reporter currently making his way down the street. In the one hand, he had his bag, and the other his sandwich. The food he had planned to enjoy as a late lunch that had just turned into this. Which wasn't a lunch, and was annoying to him. He sighed to himself slightly as he continued down the street, he had no where to be, and he wasn't too interested in heading back to his apartment, which was on the 15th floor of a high rise block of flats. He had three rooms, a kitchen, bathroom and bedroom. It wasn't large at all, and yet the rent was still incredibly high. He had no interest in going back there just yet. Instead he wondered what just maybe talking to someone might bright him. He wasn't sure how to though, he had a thick Finnish accent, and while his English was very good, sometimes things were hard to understand when he said it. It was as Celestyn made his way to the waterfront. At least he would be happy in that it was once again heading into summer. That was good. Since Celestyn didn't like this kind of winter. It was as he got to the water front, he noticed a rather huge guy sitting at a waterfront. Celestyn had grown up apart from the magical world. He had read about things in books, everything else didn't mean much to him. He noticed the guy was throwing chips at the seagulls, he had to build up the courage now.

"Did you know that seagulls are caring and attentive parents to their young." Celestyn said, drawing attention to himself, hoping this would strike some form of conversation. A very random, and silly fact that would maybe help Celestyn make his first friend.

Chay was enjoying watching the seagulls flocking for the fries. He was throwing more to them than eating now. it was nice just watching the world pass. people, birds all in front of the sea shiny and grey like a pice of polished brushed aluminium. he really should come and visit new zealand more often, it was a great place. he didn't hear someone approaching him over the raucous the birds were creating as he tossed them a particularly large fry. it wasn't until he heard the voice that he looked around to see another boy probably a bit older than him watching the seagulls too.
he hadn't quite caught all of what the guy had said as it had been too loud. "who's an attentive parent?" he asked. wondering what the boy was talking about. he seemed like a nice guy and although on the whole chay was shy around boys around his own age this person didn't seem like the type to worry about. instead he offered him the box. "do you want some chips to throw or eat. I got heaps too many here" he said. tossing a few more to the gulls and eating one that promised to be particularly crisp. once he had bought them and eaten a few he realised he hadn't been particularly hungry, it was more the taste he had wanted, the feeling of hunger had gone after just a handful of them, though still a few got eaten by the full part giant, when they looked particularly good..
OOCOut of Character:
sorry it sucks

The noise that the seagulls were creating hadn't actually factored into Celestyn's mind. He was just paying attention to everything else, and not the noise, which was a first for him. he was feeling down and thinking about the most pointless things didn't occur to him. It was hardly surprising then, that the other person, the one who was throwing the food at the seagulls hadn't really been able to make out what he was saying, that or Celestyn's accent was stronger than ever. Which he really hoped wasn't the case, how would people be able to take him seriously as a journalist in New Zealand, if it sounded like he barely spoke the native language. Even in Finland, Celestyn had never picked English. It had been compulsory for him during his first two years, but he had instead switched to Spanish at the first chance he got, and while he spoke very little of it now, it had been to him a lot more interesting that English had been. Karma was just in that way, that he had never needed Spanish, but had ended up need English. His English was a lot better than it had been. He had refused to speak, or learn it during his final year of school, muggle school, in New Zealand. But, this had changed when he realised that he needed to learn it, so he could get a job, and move out of his mother's house. Which had happened. He wasn't particularly bothered if he wasn't fully understood, he just hoped that he was at least slightly understood. It would help make him feel a lot better. He had no idea what had in his mind persuaded him to start a conversation, but he had. And it seemed to be okay. "The seagulls" He replied, pointing to the birds. Listening to his own voice to assess on thick his accent was being. Which it was being rather thick, but not like it had once been.

It would be alright, Celestyn knew that. The other guy offered him food, and reporter shook his head, and just sat down next to the guy. Who was quite a bit taller than him. He still had the sandwich in his hand still within the plastic bag he'd put it in that morning, and his work stuff in his actual bag, he put both of them to the side. Just watching the other guy throw more food to the seagulls. "I'm good. I have a sandwich, and I'm sort of on a diet. So, nothing like that for me" He knew part of the offer had been to throw, but Celestyn didn't want to dirty his hands too much. "Not hungry?" He asked motioning to the fact that he was throwing them around. Celestyn had seen a lot of friends do similar things when they weren't hungry. Though, here in New Zealand he didn't really have any friends, so he didn't know if folks there did the same as back home. "you might want to be careful though, seagulls will eventually just take the entire thing from you. They are crazy creatures" He said, with a smile. Remembering the time he'd gone to Brighton in England with friends, and watched as a seagull stole his friend's food.

Chayton was surprised when the man said that seagulls were good parents. he had been shown about how animals interacted but he hadn't been particularly close to the sea so seagulls weren't a common occurrence. thats interesting." he said. even though he was slightly more social in social situations he still wasn't the best conversationist. even if it may have sounded slightly bored he really did find it interesting.
as the boy said he was not hungry he just shrugged. "thats fine, if you want to feed them feel free" he said. the man hadn't said anything about that. "no, not as hungry as i thought i was" he said tossing a few more to the birds. he wasn't really surprised that the boy said that they may eventually take the whole pack, he knew he was teasing them and like most things they would get smart, though hopefully they would keep them happy enough to stop them. Maybe his size would put them off like it did most people. he couldn't help his giant blood. "they can take it if they want. it would save me eating them." he said his american accent strong. He ate another couple before throwing a handful. just then a bird flew over him pooping a thank you gift on his shoulder "nice" he said not feeling the need to add any more to it than that.

It was an odd, and yet interesting fact. He'd had a school teacher back in Finland, who had always said the key to breaking ice, was just by saying something that the other person didn't know. Which nine out of ten times worked and then a few of the times, it didn't. Which was really the case with anything, sometimes it worked out in his favour and other times not. This was an odd case, since he wasn't sure how much of a hit it had been, and well, he was still getting use to more New Zealand customs. It never really occurred to him, with this other guys accent that he wasn't really from New Zealand. It took the young reporter a while before he was able to pick up on that fact. Mostly all english type accents sounded roughly the same to him. The same blur of english. He noticed maybe very clear differences, but that was about it. He didn't notice much else. It was why he didn't pick it up on the guy he was sitting next to. He just shrugged at him, he had no interest in feeding the birds. He had never understood the fascination with doing such a thing, after all, they were just birds, and they could get their own food. But, Celestyn Helkovaara never liked saying such things. It didn't make him seem like a very nice person, and well, on this day he wasn't really interested in being an as$hole with no friends. That wasn't proving to be much fun at all. He just watched, and the other guy shrugged and then throw more at them. He wasn't going to argue with him, if he wanted to do that, it was fine. Not to mention Celestyn was quite a bit smaller than this other guy, so he stood no chance in a fight. Much rather be friends than anything else. That was the way to go about things. He smiled at the other guy. "I never liked seagulls," Celestyn said, as it became very clear to him, that he really didn't care about them taking it.

Celestyn looked back out at the birds, and then back at the guy when he spoke again. Celestyn let out a very small laugh. He took his wand out of his jean pocket, "Let me" He said, before waving the wand and muttering the spell to clean up the mess, although he said it in a much more Finnish way. As if the spell had almost been translated. It hadn't, but since he'd learned it speaking finnish, he still hadn't gotten into the habit of not saying it in Finnish. The stain removed itself from the other guy's shoulder. "There you go" He smiled at him, "I have finally done something useful with my day." Celestyn gave a light laugh, make light of the situation where he had been sent home from work a few hours earlier than normal. It bothered him, but he was always going to poke fun at it, rather than be actually upset about it. He held out his hand to the other guy, "I'm Celestyn," he said, introducing himself to this other guy.

it was a sort of companionable quiet that filled the quietness in the lulls in their conversation. when the other guy said he didn't like birds chay just shrugged again. I guess i always have liked birds, though i prefer the large ones like eagles, hawks, and other birds of prey"[/b] he said. it was surprising considering that, that he didn't have a pet owl. it just didn't appeal to him. maybe it was a part giant thing, an all or nothing when it came to pets. he knew madlyn and her dad had loved animals but their 'pets' had been in the dangerous category and she was ow working with dragons. having a pet owl kist seemed a little tame. even a large one would fit into his hand like a budgie would a normal persons.
as he was reaching for his own wand the guy already had his out and pointing at his shoulder a moment later the poo was gone leaving his hoodie as clean as it had been before "thanks." he said. "I bet you have done lot's of useful things already." he said. he seemed like the sort of guy who was often doing things and didn't often take time to sit and do little, maybe it was his sporty crossed work clothing that did it. "It's meant to be lucky isn't it, if a bird poos on you" he said he was pretty sure that it was though his dad said that was maybe just way to make to pooee feel better about themselves. "well its great to meet you Celestyn. i am Chayton" he said. shuffling the near empty box of chips so he could accept the hand shake though his hand was much larger then the other.

Celestyn generally had no interest in birds. They were a factor of life he didn't think too much about. it didn't concern him, he wasn't a biologist, or someone who took an interest in birds. It was just a part of his life, and well, he was interested in just letting them exist at the same time as he was. Celestyn gave a small laugh, when the other, much larger guy said he'd probably done lots of useful things that day. Well, over the past few years, yes, over the past few months, probably, the past few weeks sort of, but that day, this was a first. He was sure the other guy was in part maybe trying to get him to feel better, but it wasn't working too well. "Nope, you'd bet wrong." He just replied, with a smile, almost as though it was funny to him. He liked to make light of situations like that. Making jokes, and just appearing to not give a damn about it. It didn't always work, but it was always worth a try. Smiling to himself he continued, "My work sent me home early, because there was not enough that needed to be done, so I wasn't necessary." he just shrugged. it was annoying, his entire day was planned around his work, and it had been interrupted. Thought he wouldn't bore this other man with the issues he was having. Not to mention, their conversation was not to be focused on his losses, but rather than this other guy was throwing food at the birds.

"I'm pretty sure, that's only if it's on your head." Celestyn said, glancing up at the man's head. While Celestyn was tall in some respects, this other guy was clearly so much taller than him. Celestyn must appear to be as small as a young teenager in this guy's eyes. However, the handshake given by the man was like any other. The only difference was the huge and very obvious differences in hand sizes. But, Celestyn didn't care. This was a magical world full of magical beings. And a mixture of other things. It was easy to learn that not everyone was just male, or female. "The pleasure is all mine Chayton." He laughed slightly at the similarity in the names, before ever so slightly sobering up. "So what do you do with yourself?" Which was a probably incredibly informal way of asking, what the person did for a living in the everyday world. He figured the guy was young, so he assumed small time work, or maybe a higher education course, something vocational. he didn't know that was why he was asking.

Chayton looked out to the sea for a second. there were several boats in the harbour each bobbing to their own particular rhythm. "work isn't everything." he said. just if work didn't want him didn't mean that the man was useless. though saying that would have been a hypocritical thing to say. the number of times he had been called a useless oaf in orion he had grown to believe it and even his year at hogwarts hadn't cured it fully. he still had days when he thought he really didn't have any use and was a waste of, a fair amount of, space. days when he dropped a tray of his dads seedlings that he had nurtured from seeds into whatever rare magical plant they were becoming. days when his huge hands knocked something in the car he was working on and whilst trying to fix the breaks he disconnected the gas and ended up with a face full of petrol.
"it missed my head so i guess i'm unlucky" he said running his hand through his hair to make sure there wasn't any there, it felt clean. the man laughed when he said his name. "I usually go by chay" he said slightly embarrassed. he liked his name but he felt chay was just easier. at the next question he looked down. he really didn't do much with himself. "I don't do much, I help my dad with his plants, and fix cars" he said maybe he should get himself a real job, maybe an apprentice mechanic but the thought of taking the shrinking potion every day wasn't a pleasant one.

Giving a small shrug. For Celestyn it was sort of everything. He didn't have much else apart from his job. He was just new to the country, in an odd sense. Since he'd been in New Zealand, four years roughly now, and well, it was only since he had gotten this job that he had truly settled. Letting himself attempt to get more of what he wanted from life. Which was his job. He didn't really have many friends, he really didn't have much else. He was sort of stuck with what he had, which unfortunately for him was this job of his. And well, he had the strongest of desires to not lose it. While he knew he'd be okay, he was twenty one and was willing to move for work, he didn't want to have to uproot it. Not really now. He had a place, that he liked, it was small but it was enough. So, unfortunately for poor Celestyn his work was everything, and he realised that there was nothing more depressing than that. He had nothing apart from his work. Which did make him happy, but here he was, without this work, and he was feeling fairly miserable. It should be easier. He was sure that once he settled more that everything would be okay. That he would find his path to having more than just work. It was still early days, he still had plenty time. This was the age in which people lived longer. He had plenty of time to achieve everything that he wanted from life. Everything. And funnily enough, Celestyn Helkovaara knew he could and would be able to do. It was just a matter of time. Chayton spoke again, to which, Celestyn looked back up at him. He gave the guy a smile, and shook his head.

"Nah, man, I think you're lucky. Unlucky I've always thought would be the head. The saying has never made sense to me." he gave a small shrug, he didn't think they had a similar one in Finnish, if they did, then he didn't know about it. He just thought it was a slightly odd phrase, with little basis in fact. Celestyn was wlays sure that what it was really trying to do was make people feel better, which was sort of what Celestyn was attempting to do. He shrugged at the nickname, Celestyn's name wasn't easily shortened, it was only in Finnish that it could be, and well, he wasn't about to teach that to this random person who probably wouldn't really care so much. He thought it was cool that he worked with his dad. "That's cool. I was never very good with cars. Although I can imagine you could have fun with monster trucks." He gave a small laugh. He wasn't poking fun at the guy's size, he didn't care, but it was maybe something the guy hadn't considered. "I'm a reporter, I work for the daily prophet's sport section." He looked down at his hands, before looking back up at him, "And that is all I do. So, I guess you and I Chay are sort of sailing on the same boat." giving a small laugh as he said that. "You want to do something, like go for drinks or something?"

chay smiled when Celestyn said he thought that the head would be the unlucky one. maybe he ws right. though chayton did think that the whole luck thing was to cover up the fact that one had been pooped on by a bird. "either way i was pooped on, lucky or not" he said though seeing as he didn't have many friends at all and here and now someone was talking to him so maybe it was some form of luck even if the only thing they were talking about was poo.
As the guy commented that it was cool and he would be good working with monster trucks he slouched a little, suddenly self concious again. he had never tried working on a monster truck. and he didn't want to. "no, i don't like monster trucks, they are unnaturally big." he said knowing that made him sound like a hypocrite. it was more than their size though. whenever he had seen monster trucks they seemed angry. and he didn't want to work with an angry car. his favourite car to work with were jeeps. he had practically rebuilt one from spares a couple of years ago. it had taken him ages but now i was running great. the man said he was a reporter fro the daily prophets sports section. he himself wasnt into sports at all but his dad was, and Madlyns sister used to play quidditch, or did she still, he couldn't quite remember. "it does sound like we are in simmilar situations but at least you have a proper job." h said. he had very few talents tht worked in the wizard world and he wasn't comfortable to go in the muggle world as either he would stick out like mad because of his height or he would have to take the shrinking potion which was fine for every now and then but it wast meant for all the time. when the suggestion came up for drinks chay shrugged and nodded. there was no harm in going for a drink. "sure, why not. where do you want to go?" he said screwing up the empty chip paper and reaching to put it into the bin before picking up the paper bag with bulbs in for his dad and standing up. he hadn't spent much time in new zealand other than the school but he was fairly sure there were a couple of places here to get a drink, namely the pub and a couple of cafe's. the pub seemed like the most likely option.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back