Tina and Francis Voclain

eUyMlqN.png

THE WAND CHOOSES THE WIZARD

QJl397p.png

Knotted 17 Inch Whippy Rowan Wand with Basilisk Skin Core

eUyMlqN.png

A SINGLE DIARY ENTRY
September 3rd, 2053

8 hours and 45 minutes until I get on the train!!! Wow, I just realised - this time tomorrow I'll be at Hogwarts. That's sooo crazy. I can't wait to see Amara again, hopefuly we'll be in the same house, although it doesn't matter much because WHATEVER. HAPPENS. we'll be best freinds and do everything together anyway.

8 hours and 40 minutes now. I should probably go to bed but I won't be able to sleep, I'm too exited. I feel like I could go for a run. Maybe I'll do some pushups to wear myself out.

I'm still not tired and I did some starjumps as well. But I'm going to lie down and close my eyes even if I can't sleep. I'M GOING TO HOGWARTS TOMORROW!!!!!!!!!! AHHHHHHHHH!!!! I hope it's as good as I think it will be. Duh, of course it will. It's a school of magic.

OK I'm really going to lie down.

Van ♥

8LhryRb.png

B A S I C ✻ I N F O R M A T I O N

rvvuWUB.gif

I SEE YOU STANDING, SEE YOU DANCING, ON THE PAVEMENT, IN THE PARK
WE ARE GIANTS, CAN YOU FEEL IT, SO MUCH BIGGER THAN WE THOUGHT

8LhryRb.png

Name Details

Full Name
Evanna Cara Voclain.

Name Etymology
Evanna is a name of Greek origin, meaning 'peaceful'. Her father thinks this is ironic.

Nicknames
Van or Vanna. Van always goes by her nickname, Van, as it sounds tougher and less girly. She isn't a fan of the name Evanna. Her mother might occasionally call her Vanna as a compromise.

Legal Name Changes
None. Although her mother and father divorced before she was born, her mother kept her ex-husband's surname and gave it to Van as well, convinced they would re-marry one day.

Birth & Residence
Date of Birth
8th January 2041.

Birthplace
Leeds, Yorkshire, UK.

Nationality
Van has dual citizenship in the UK and New Zealand.

Blood Status
Half blood. Her mother is a muggle, her father is a half-blood.

Area of Residence
Christchurch, NZ - (March 12th 2053 - present). Van currently lives in a large, detached modern house with her mother and father. There is little clutter, and the house is themed with natural woods and sophisticated, earthy colours. In the garden there is a swimming pool beside a large deck and barbecue.

Previous Areas of Residence
Leeds, UK (January 8th 2042 - March 12th 2053). Here Van lived in a two-bedroom terraced house with her mother, who was for the most part unemployed and relied on government benefits. The house was constantly in a poor state due to the low income and her mother's smoking and hoarding habits.

Dialects
English

Accent
Van has a thick Yorkshire/Leeds accent.

Education & Occupation
Schools Attented
Gilderton primary school (September 4th 2047 - March 10th 2053).
Hogwarts New Zealand (September 4th 2053 - present).

Hogwarts House
Gryffindor.

Van squirmed and itched at her neck. Brand new clothes were so bloody uncomfortable. She looked ridiculous, too - why had her dad insisted on buying her robes a size too big? It wasn't like he needed to save money. The old man was rolling in it. She adjusted her shirt collar one more time before tucking her hands under her armpits. All of this was distracting her from the Headmistress's speech. Best to pay attention. Though she had learned a little about the wizarding world from her dad and her tutors, she realised she was out of her depth. Most of the other children came from magical backgrounds, putting her at a distinct disadvantage. And there were dangers. You'd think a school would have certain health and safety measures to employ, but still...

"Voclain, Evanna."

Well, great - now everybody knew her full name. "It's Van," she told the Headmistress loudly as she passed her, though it was mostly for the benefit of the rest of the hall. She sat down, realising as the hat was placed on her head that she hadn't given any thought whatsoever to which house she wanted to be in. It didn't really matter. Her old school had had houses as well, and they were a total waste of time. The points system, too - it was all a clever trick to get the students to work together, and work hard, only it wasn't very clever at all and Van paid no notice. This would be just the same.

"Hello Van, it's good to meet you. Houses are a little different here as I'm sure you will find out in....Gryffindor,"

Favourite Class
Undecided, although she thinks she will enjoy the hands-on subjects like Potions and Herbology. She is also looking forward to Flying classes.

Least Favourite Class
Undecided, but it will probably be Astronomy.

Achievements
None yet.

Learned Credentials
None yet.

Corporeal Patronus
Unknown.

Boggart
Unknown.

Wand
Knotted 17 Inch Whippy Rowan Wand with Basilisk Skin Core

Occupation
Student

Relationships
Relationship Status
Too young to care.

Sexuality
Van hasn't thought about that yet. Kissing is gross, etc. etc.

Health & Physical

Physical Condition
Van is very fit - she plays sports regularly, and works out in her bedroom.

Diseases
None

Eyesight
Van has good eyesight, she does not need glasses.

Allergies
None known.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back