Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Married
Sexual Orientation
Demisexual
Wand
Curly 10 1/2 Inch Rigid Birch Wand with Fwooper Feather Core
There were probably a million things that Sloane could have been doing on Valentine's day. A million little things that would have been more constructive than what she was currently doing. She was never a big believer in Valentine's to start with, she was a dreamer yes and she loved a good party, but Valentine's always seemed like a ridiculous waste of a holiday. She wouldn't even have been doing anything now if it wasn't for the fact she had a sort of relationship going. She didn't really put labels on things generally, and she wasn't about to start labelling her agreement with Oliver, but he was... fun. They had fun together and then they went their separate ways. It was a partnership and it served them both well. Sloane invited him over once and a while and he did the same, or sometimes they met up back where they'd met. Sloane was sure the owner was suspicious, though she didn't know whether or not the woman would care enough to say anything. She was a friend of Oliver's as far as she knew. They didn't really talk much about their lives, it wasn't something that tended to come up between them after all.

Leaning across the bed and reaching for the wine, Sloane grinned at Oliver as she looked at his now empty glass. "Do you want more?" It hadn't taken her long to explain to Oliver that she tended to use her apartment in a mostly muggle fashion. Except for anything electrical, because that wouldn't work. But she generally actually moved around her apartment rather than summoning things, it was easier to stay in practice for when she was in the classroom. She couldn't expect to have her students not using magic and then use it all her own. She and Oliver had mostly just been listening to music, hanging out on her bed and drinking. It wasn't the most eventful of days, but she was enjoying herself none the less. "How many glasses does this make now?" She asked him, pouring her own glass first. She'd stopped caring about what she wore around Oliver after their second or third meet up. It wasn't as if he ever really saw her decently dressed anyway. One day she might make an effort, but what was the point, this was more like a business contract than dating anyway. She wouldn't even call it dating, they never went anywhere.

Oliver had to admit that life seemed pretty good as of late. Everything seemed to be falling into place, Quidditch with his new team was going well, he had moved out of the Leaky Cauldron and he was in a relationship, well sort of. What he had with Sloane couldn't really be called a relationship but it was all the pair of them needed, or wanted present so it worked well for both of them. Early on Sloane had spend a good deal of time at his new place, christening it, as it were. Lately they spent more time at her place but they did still alternate every so often to keep things interesting.

What Oliver liked most about Sloane is she didn't try, which meant he didn't have to either. The former Ravenclaw had to admit he liked her version of not trying all the more when they were at her apartment, as it usually involved little to no clothes, and she would often encourage the same from him. Their latest meeting took place at Sloane's apartment, her clothing was limited as it usually was. Oliver had only gone as far as removing his shirt a little after he arrived, and a glass or two in. When Sloane reached for the wine it felt like her asking if he wanted more was more rhetorical than anything else but he felt the need to answer all the same. "Sure fill her up," He grinned watching her pour wine into his glass after she filled her own. "Honestly I've lost count, its out third bottle though right? And it's getting on the empty side so you do the maths," He laughed as he sipped at his wine. Being with Sloane was easy and simple, they weren't dating so there was no need to try and impress each other, he was able to relax and be himself and he was very much enjoying the benefits of their arrangement so far. "I know you're a muggle studies Professor and all, but I still don't get the now magic thing, don't get me wrong using the cork screw on the bottle was fun but, do you really need to keep it up at home?" He asked taking a big gulp of wine. Having lost count of his intake Oliver's head was starting to get a little fuzzy and he wondered how Sloane was feeling too.

**Only took two months this time :wub:

There were some things Sloane had gotten used to over time. Being a social pariah because she advocated for the inclusion of muggles was one of them. She taught muggle studies and told the students that living without magic was not something to be disgusted or embarrassed by. She smiled and pushed the bottle back onto the table, holding her glass in the air before downing it. "Honestly, do you expect anything less? I can't very well try and teach the kids that living a muggle life is just as good as living a magical one if I don't go out of my way to prove it can be done." Admittedly there were certain things she couldn't do considering she did live in the magical world, but she often made trips back into the muggle world. She liked to keep up to date with the fashions for when she took the class on a trip. Not that she really did much of that. Jonathon dealt with the majority of it. Sloane leaned back on the bed and crossed her legs. "I need to set an example. My predecessor was actually very similar in her approach, but went right back to magic as soon as she could." Not that she blamed the woman any. Sloane just took a different approach to things. "Besides, you know you like watching me walk." She grinned.

"Actually, yes. The practice what you preach philosophy to life isn't something I've encountered a lot in the past so I have to admit I'm quite impressed that you do stick to your guns about this whole muggle lifestyle thing," Oliver paused to take a sip of his wine having now thoroughly lost count of his alcohol intake, another hazard of his time spent with Sloane though there were no complaints on his part. "I don't think I could do it, I mean I like like magic, I'm used to it, just spending nights here is an adjustment, though I have to admit I don't spend much time thinking about magic when I'm here, there are much more interesting things to keep me occupied," He smiled sipping his wine as he checked her out for the countless time that night. As Sloane leaned back on the bed with her legs crossed Oliver skimmed his fingers along her leg and he laughed at her comment about watching her walk. "You're right, I do love to watch you walk, I have to admit I do enjoy the view when you walk over to the wine rack, you have a very seductive walk," He smiled at her bringing the glass to his lips once again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back