Vague Memories OR The Friend Who Changed

Siddalee Simon

OOC First Name
Hannah Banana
Wand
Holly Wand 11" Essence of Phoenix Feather
It happened when she was small. So small, she would never remember it, except in her blurred, dark nightmares. Shapes, sounds, colours, but nothing meaningful.

She was playing in the forest near her home. Under the shade of her favourite Kauri tree, the one with the "pitty weeves!" (come on. she was 2. she couldn't talk that well.) he came, and he talked to her. He told her to come with him, and he would take her to Fairyland. She could fly and become a fairy (of course she believed him. she was 2). But when she went with him, he took her too far into the bush, then disappeared. She was alone, and lost, and spent the night crying in a hollow trunk. But when she opened her eyes, her was there again, carrying her home. He visited her in the bush every day for a month, and she never thought it odd that he would disappear into thin air. Her parents didn't believe her, but let her go and play in the bush. He made pretty things come out of a stick and listened to her stories and played with her. He was her friend, even though he was a grown-up.

Then, one day, he came wearing a mask. He made lights come out of a stick. Lights that made a hedgehog keel over dead. He said that he was sorry to have lied, to have pretended to be her friend. She didn't know what lying was. But when he pointed his stick at her again, she hurt, and it hurt so bad, and she cried and called for her mummy and then it was over. He had cried when he hurt her, saying he had no choice, was under a spell. But it happened again, and again, and then he was gone and he never came back.

She never remembered it clearly. All she remembered in her dreams was pain, and lights, and a mask that woke her up. It didn't change her, or make her depressed or a ghost of a child. But she always had a vague memory of a friend who had hurt her when she was small.

(By the way, I just wrote this randomly because i can't sleep. I don't know who the wizard is, and I don't know if the girl is Sidda or not. The story just kinda came. It doesn't need to mean anything, but it could if you think that would be a good idea. FEEDBACK PLEASE!!!)

That's pretty good. But I think you could put some of the stuff in parentheses in a sentence. That story makes me think of some disturbing kidnapper person. I don't know. My mind is creeped out. If you get an idea, just keep adding on to it and if you run out of ideas then take a break, then you'll get another idea. That's what I do anyway. And my friend wants me to help improve their writing, so I guess I'm good at it.

~Ilana

Thanks for the comments llana!!! :hug:

Is that what you had in mind?

Hannah Banana

Users who are viewing this thread

Back