Up to No Good

Damien Blade

OOC First Name
Johanna
Damien walked the corridors of the Hogwarts school.He had his guitar strapped around his back and he had a small manuscript and a pencil and rubber in his pocket.THis is how he looked most days when he wasn't going to class.he usuallu brought his guitar everywhere else with him in case a song came to his head.Since returning to school he had filled up one of his manuscipts already and he had sent a letter to his mam to ask her to send him more.It was weird writing a letter to his mam and not his aunt.For the past ten years of his life he had always relied on his aunt who had raised him.But now he actually had parents,they hadn't abandoned him,they just hadn't been able to take care of him so they had given him to his aunt.he had spent most of hid life thinking they had hated him and he had never been good at making friends because he had thought it his parents didn't like him who else would?Another reason for not having many friends was the fact that he had magic and where he was from he had to hide it because everyone would laugh at him and bully him.He had done a goos job of it until some big bully had seen him so magic,he had told Damien that he was a freak and Damien had been so p!ssed that he had punched him and in the end they had both ended in hospital and Damien had a scar going down his back to prove it.he hadn't gone back to school after that,his aunt had taught him.That was why when he had received the letter he hadn't wanted to go because he believed it was the cause of all his misery but after class and some persuasion from his friends he had learned to love magic and was becoming a fast learner.It didn't seem as if a year had passed.He was actually not looking forward to going home.He would miss Hogwarts and he was looking forward to returning for second year.He was now on the sixth floor corridor.Usually he would just pass it by,but he hadn't really practiced his guitar in a while and the corridor was practically empty.He sat down on one of the benches and put his guitar on his lap.He then began to practice.

The second year hadmanaged to push himself and start studying earlier that day. He had no more days to spare without revising. The date of the exams wasn't going to change and it was coming faster than he expected. He had found the perfect place in the common room, occupying the little table in the corner with his notes and textbooks. Even his cat, Chewy, had decided to take a nap on the other, free chair so that no one was going to interrupt Minoas' revision.

He was getting through his notes, writting down the parts that he didn't remember from the lectures to memorize them, staring at the ceiling as his was whispering dates, names and events to learn them by heart. He passed almost five hours doing that without letting his attention been drew by the people that were descending from the dermitories or were entering inside the common room. Finishing another chapter, he streched his arms satisfied but knowing that he had more to come. He placed a hand on his belly, realising that his stomach was growling.
He decided that he had earned a break and closed his handbook but leaving them still on the table as he was going to lunch and return right back to continue.

He exited Gryffindors common room and starting heading downstairs, thinking of what he could have for his lunch. While he was lost in thoughts regarding mashed potatoes and chicken wings, he abruptly stopped in front of the entrance of the sixt floor. Nice music had stroked his ears and his hunger vanished under the calling of his artistic nature. It was the sound of a guitar, his favourite sound that was companioning him when he wanted to spend time alone. The thought that the person playing the guitar might wanted to stay as well alone, passed through his mind but he wanted to know else could play the musical instrument so well. He followed the warm sound that lead him right to the musician. He knew that guy, he had seen him wandering around with his guitar and Minoas was pretty sure that he was a Gryffindor as well. "Hello." he spoke up and raised his hand as means of greetings. "Nice playing. Sorry to interrupt but I love playing the guitar as well and couldn't resist." he apologised if in any way he had ruined a creative moment. "My name is Minoas, what's yours?" he asked and extended a hand for a handshake.

Damien was in his old world.he didn't really hear what was going on around him.THe place could be on fire and he wouldn't notice.He was concentrating on his guitar.If only he could get this amount of concentration when he was trying to study.When it came to studying he had the concentration of a two year old which meant not a lot of work got done when he attempted to study.He still found reading quite hard so that didn't help either.He had got some study done though and he wasn't that worried about the exams.He knew he would be okay.Damien looked up when he heard a voice in front of him.He recognized him from the common room and he was almost sure he had been playing in the qudditch match.He didn't know him personally though and he was pleasantly surprised when he told him he also liked to play the guitar."Damien"He said shaking Minoas's hand."How long have you been paying?"He asked

OOCOut of Character:
Sorry about the length

"Nice to meet you Damien." he shook the boy's hand. His name was reminding of something. Definately a fellow Gryffindor as he could recall seeing him around. "You are a Gryffindor, right? First year?" he asked to confirm his suspicions. He was glad for meeting finally an artistic person. Most people that he knew were either into books and studying or into sports and Quidditch, which were fine but he had sometimes that need tho share his love about artist. "I've been actually introduced to it when I was quite young. I've been playing since I was around five. I think I wrote my first song when I was seven." he said, feeling that many years had passed since then which was not true since he was only twelve and only five years had passed since then.
"How about you? You came to find out on your own that you liked it or someone introduced you to it as well?" he asked Damien.

"Same to you"he said smiling.Damien definitely knew him,he recognized him as the beater for the Gyrffinpuff match.Personally he thought they should of won.They had scored the most goals.The had played much better the the other team but then again he could be biased because he was from Gryffindor but then again the proof is in the pudding.Damien nodded "you played the quidditch match?"He said,raising an eyebrow in question.It was nice to finall meet someone who shared the same interest in the guitar.Barely anyone he knew played it.He had even met people who didn't know what a guitar was!Damien smiled,that had been the same story for him except the other way around.The only instrument that had been in their flat was a piano and Damien's aunt Chloe had introduced him to that first when he was about four.He wasn't as good on the piano as he was on the guitar but he had still written his first song with the piano.His aunt had finally been able to afford a second hand guitar when he was seven and that was when music had become incredibly important. "My aunt Chloe was musician herself so she introduced me to music and for my seventh birthday she gave me a guitar up to that I had been playing the piano"He said

Minoas took a bemused expression when Damien referred Quidditch. He had almost forgot the match that took place a month ago and had left him a bitter taste. Still it was a nice experience and he was proud for himself and his teammates that poured their heart into the game. "Ah yes. Not in my actual position but yes, I played beater." he confirmed, wondering if other people had the same opinion like him. That they had deserved the victory and not the SlytherClaws. "It was a good game from our part. Not just lucky enough for the snitch." he defended their seeker as he had given his best shot. "Do you like Quidditch? Are you planning to attend next year's try-outs?" he asked, remembering his disappointmen and impatience a year ago as a first year. He was so determined to make it into the team that he had made his friend Briar to coach him and show him some moves. His effort and her assistance had paid off in the end.

Listening to the way he learnt to play the guitar, he wondered if Damian's aunt was a famous musician.
"That's nice. Having someone that actually knows about music and is capable to show you, is a cool privilage.
I got my guitar as well as a birthday present. My parents don't have any connections with music I think. At least they don't know how to play the guitar, so I'm a self taught guitarist."
he told him as it came quite naturally to him. "Aha so you know how to play the piano as well. You sound like a virtuoso to me." he smiled at him as Damian was revealing to be really into music. "No room for a piano at my family's house so a guitar was a better option. I like the sound of the piano as well though. I'm really into anything acoustic." he shared with him his personal taste in music. "So you write songs as well?" he asked, pretty sure that he did as he was already playing two music instruments and it seemed as a natural resultant.

Damien nodded,he had thought so.He was contemplating joining the team next year,he had discovered he actually had a talent for the sport,he had been very surprised since he had never played the sport before entering Hogwarts. Damien nodded,he had felt the same way about the outcome of the match. "I am thinking about it"He said smiling.He didn't see why first years couldn't try out,some probably had more experience then the second years.

Damien smiled "yeah it is"He said nodding. "Well I did teach myself,my aunt only knows how to play the piano,she did help with the sight-reading though"he said,he was lucky to have a musical relative.It had really helped him learn the guitar and she had been supportive with his music.Also if she had been musical herself she wouldn't of saved to buy him a guitar.Damien laughed "I guess"he said. "There's a piano in the student club area"He said,he had gone down and played it a few times. "yeah,I've written a few"he said shrugging his shoulders

"Good luck then. I hope you make it." he wished to Damien, hoping he would have more patience than him.
Last year, Minoas was quite irritated that he couldn't try out as he knew he could be useful for the team but even he had sometimes to obey some of the school's rules. He didn't have any other choices anyway.
"And what post do you think would be the best for you?" he asked if he had any idea or he was just going to try them all and see. Minoas had decided from the very first moment that he wanted to be a chaser. All the action was there. He had found however, that a beater was having quite the fun as well. If he had big biceps and strong arms.

"I learnt how to read and right by my centaur educator. I was taught generally about music but he didn't know how to play the guitat either. However, it worked for me in the end." he talked about his way of learning more about music. It wasn't really ordinary for someone from New Zealand the learn that he was educated by a centaur in the past, especially if it was a muggle-born. Damian seemed a muggle-born to Minoas. He was totally fine with that. His first friends were all muggles. He started hanging around with wizards and witches just when he attented Hogwarts. "Oh so you have joined that club for artists?" he asked, not really remembering its name.
"Is it a good one?" he wondered as he was debating at the beggining of the school year whether to join or not.
"That's cool. I guess I'm not the only one with his brain filled out of the blue with melodies." he joked.
"So what could inspire you?" he asked as he was the first person to meet that was writing music and he was wondering how other people were deriving inspiration.

"Thanks"He said,meaning it.He hadn't told much people about his ideas of trying out for the team.He didn't see what first years couldn't try out,what made them any different to the rest of the school.He loved flying,the feeling of freedom.Damien shrugged his shoulders.From what he had tried,chaser seemed to suit him best . "Chaser"He said.He didn't like seeker or beater,he didn't mind keeper.Chaser was the one that suited him best though

Damien really though he hadn't heard properly when he said he was taught to read and write by a centaur."Wow,never heard that one before"He said smiling,he did believe him but that really was not something you would hear usually.He understood what he meant by just learning music that didn't mean you learnt how to play.Damien nodded "Yeah,it's pretty good"He said "it's called the Glee Club"he said ,he liked the people that were in the club,they were nice and just as musically talented.Damien laughed "yeah I suppose"he said, "Anything,usually my family and anything that happens in my life"He said shrugging his shoulders "What about you?"He asked

His grey eyes glowed with excitement as the first year said that he was interested in becoming a chaser.
"Honestly, that's the best option." he replied to him. "I tried out for a chaser as well but it seemed I was more valueable as a beater for the specific match. It wasn't that bad but a sprained my wrist." he told him as he unconsciously moved cyclically his wrist. "We could practise together if you want. I used some help from an older student as well earlier this year." he offered his assistance, feeling suddenly a grown up as he was taking over the post that Briar had taken for him.

He left a smile as he hadn't heard before about centaurs teaching to humas. "I don't blame you at all. I was shocked as well when I found here that centaurs avoid humans. It's so strange." he said with a nod, feeling that Damien wasn't going to find that one odd. "I like studying people on their everyday activities. For example, a day in a mall could be really inspiring. It's kinda bad being inspired by couples arguing out in the public or by watching people hanging around. It's like infiltrating their privacy." he said a little bit embarassed but it was the truth.
He was once inspired to write a song when he was out for dinner with his parents and the couple at the next table was having a rather vocal arguement. "Sorry for asking you that but are you a muggle-born?" he asked Damien reluctantly. He didn't want him to take the wrong idea. Minoas had the feeling that he was one and he was always intrigued by muggles' technological advances.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back