Closed Up For A Challenge

Caden Cavanaugh

British | Switching it up

Blood Status
Muggle
Relationship Status
Single
Caden had to admit this whole no strings attached lifestyle was quickly growing on him. He had absolutely zero responsibilities and he loved it. No being stuffed away at a school he didn't even want to go to, no more being smothered by his mother or feeling pressured to achieve something, anything, in an attempt to catch the slightest hint of pride on his father's face. Something he had yet to discover. No, this was a far more suitable lifestyle for him. Although he did know he had to contact his mother sooner or later if he wanted to keep travelling. He had money, sure, but was bound to run out of it sooner than later which meant either making sure she knew he was alright, in which case he was certain she'd help him out, or find a job. The latter clearly being the less favourable of those two.

Still a bit hungover from the last night Caden had dragged himself off of his couch and freshened up before finding his way to the nearest coffee place to get himself some breakfast. Or lunch, noticing what time it was. He had woken up quite early yet had somehow managed to not do a single thing after moving from his bed to the couch. Except for maybe look back at his posts to see if he could remember everything he had been up to last night. Pushing open the door to small establishment he had stumbled upon he suppressed a groan when it was busier than he would've hoped. Although the size of the place didn't make it too difficult for it to be busy. Caden ordered himself a coffee and some food before looking around, walking over to a girl that had somehow managed to claim a table on her own. "Mind if I sit?" He asked out of politeness, yet he had already put his coffee down on the table. Surely she wasn't going to refuse him a seat. Even he wouldn't be that rude. Probably. Possibly.

Aisa had largely returned to the muggle world after Hogwarts. She had gotten a place to live, though it was a small and crappy apartment. She was just glad she didn't have to share it with anyone. She had also found a job in a record store. Being around electronics and muggles was somewhat nostalgic for her, though she still used a lot of magic at home. If she didn't, she would feel like her years at Hogwarts had all been a waste. She was still thinking of applying for the Ministry, but maybe in a few years. Aisa was pretty happy with her job now and feared that if she went for a Ministry job, she would be stuck there forever.

Today was Aisa's day off and she decided to go exploring nearby. After a short walk through the city, Aisa had decided to get herself some breakfast and a large coffee at a nearby coffee place. She was listening to music, minding her own business with her coffee, when someone walked over to her. Aisa frowned, taking out her earphones in time to hear the guy's question. He asked if he could sit, and Aisa glanced around quickly to see if he had any other options. It seemed like the place was pretty full, so she understood why he asked. Aisa let out a small sigh, then nodded. "Sure, I don't mind." She said, wondering if she sounded believable.

Caden had already put his coffee down on the table and was slowly moving to slide into the seat across from the girl as he waited for her answer. He noticed her glance around the place but couldn't blame her knowing he likely would've done the same if he had managed to claim an empty table. "Cool, thanks." He nodded when she finally agreed, letting himself fall down onto the seat before taking a big sip of his coffee. Yeah, he definitely needed that. Feeling a little more alive after half his coffee and a few good bites of food he observed the girl before eventualle speaking up. "Music in here not your style?" He asked in an attempt to casually strike up a conversation. She was pretty after all, so it would be wasted opportunity not to.

I´m so sorry I lost track of this completely!

Aisa smiled at the guy as he sat down, mostly to be polite. She kept her earphones out as it felt a bit too rude to put them back in, but she focused on her coffee, not wanting to give the guy too much of an encouragement to talk to her. But he did so anyway, and Aisa glanced up at his question. She pondered it for a moment. "Not especially." She admitted. "And I like putting in music to shut everything out sometimes."

no worries lol I did too

Getting some more bites of foods and sips of his coffee in Caden finally started to feel alive again, now glad that he had managed to drag himself off of his couch. Even more so when this girl didn't seem too keen on talking to him. He knew he was likely disrupting her moment of peace and quiet, as well as her music, but he did like a small challenge. At least that would make his day somewhat more interesting. "Right." He nodded, the corner's of his mouth curling up ever so slightly. "Like annoying guys ruining your peaceful breakfast and whatnot? I totally get it, happens to me all the time. So annoying." Caden grinned, ready to see how much conversation he could get in before she would either put her music back on and shut him out or possibly leave all together. Although neither of those were outcomes he was aiming for.

Aisa saw the way the guy smiled at her, wondering for a second if he was going to mock her. But instead, he said a self-deprecating comment that made Aisa smile despite herself. It had been a while since she met someone new, it felt a bit like being back at Hogwarts. Though she knew she would never be able to talk about that with this guy. It always felt a little strange to remember that. "Something like that." She said, raising her eyebrow slightly. But she put her earphones away. "I suppose I can deal with it today." She added lightly.

Caden wasn't sure what he was aiming for here but he couldn't help himself. He was hungover, bored. He liked to get through to anyone who seemed even remotely uninterested in talking to him. He liked a challenge. And this girl, well, she had seemed like a challenge. Admittedly, it hadn't been too difficult to get her to smile at him but having achieved that small victory he'd be an idiot if he wouldn't try to get her to talk to him a bit more. "You honour me." Caden placed a hand on his heart when the girl put away her headphones. He finished the last sip of his coffee and put his cup down before folding his hands together and resting his elbows on the table. "So, music girl.." He started as he cocked his head a little. "What's your name?"

Aisa wasn't sure if she had missed talking to people deep down or if she was just bored, but she was rather enjoying talking to this guy. He was pretty cute, and seemed not to be a d*ck, from what Aisa could tell. There was also something strangely appealing to having a friend in the muggle world, someone who didn't know anything about Hogwarts and wouldn't judge Aisa for not having some sort of magical job after graduating with decent grades. Aisa raised her eyebrows slightly as he called her music girl. But decided it was probably best to just tell him her name. "I'm Aisa." She said as she fidgeted with her coffee cup. "Do you want to tell me your name or should I just call you annoying guy?" She responded, using his own earlier description of himself.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back