Unusually Tired

Tracy Rouge

OOC First Name
Summer
Wand
One that does the job.
Tracy was sat on a bench. This was extrememly unusual for her, the woman didn't like public seating. It was unclean and Merlin knew what had been spit on it. But she was too tired to care about that for the moment, for some reason she had been awfully tired lately, even after getting above the needed time of sleep. Tracy was so tired she didn't even notice the man sit next to her, let along acknowledge who it was.

Jay was walking back home after shopping when he saw a familiar face-unfortunately. He sat next to his ex-wife on the bench and noticed how tired she looked. "I would usually make some sort of remark about the way you look but from the bags under your eyes, I'm not going to bother." After the short amount of time that Jay had been married to Tracy, he knew better than to annoy her when she was tired.

(Hope that's right)

Tracy looked up, suddenly awake from the familiar voice. "And yet, you just did." She snapped at him. Her week was not a good one by any meaning of the word. She had been tired and slightly ill most of the week, not to mention the passing of her, now late, husband at the beginning of it. Just because she wasn't in love with him didn't mean she didn't care abo9ut him, she did have two children with him after all. Tracy coughed, one of the coughs you get when you're ill enough to chuck but you know you wont. "What do you want Jay, I've had a bad day." Sha had just come from planning the funeral after all.

Jay looked at Tracy. "Who said I wanted aything?? I saw you sat here ad thought you need comforting-not that you deserve it." Jay didn't see why he was caring for this woman with what she had done to him and Shaylah.
Jay then heard Tracy's cough. "Are you sure you're ok??" She really did sound ill. Her cough mad her sound like she was about to chuck her guts up.

Tracy turned back to Jay, her husbands death had ben in the papers. He had been caught in cross fire between and Auror and a death eater, the final blow from the Auror. "You're kidding me. Am I okay?" She spat at him. "No I am not bloody okay, I have been sleeping more than usual and am still shattered, I have caught a bug or something like it and, oh yeah, I've spent the day planning my husbands funueral and now have to go home and tell my little girl her father is dead. Do I sound okay to you." She started coughing again, her throat hurting from the amount, it was starting to effect her voice.

"I'm sorry about your husband but I dn't see how I'm meant to know about his death." The only reason Jay got the papers was because Shaylah liked to read it so hehad no way of knowing about the artical in the newspaper. "If you're so tired and ill then why don't you go to the hospital and have a check up?? It's not like it's my fault how you're feeling." Then Jay realised something. "You're worrying about having to tell Sydney how her dad is dead but think about it, Shaylah has had to grow up with no mum. How must she feel not having a mother there to help her with things??" He was still annoyed with Tracy for leaving them.

Tracy snapped back her reply. "Aww, poor baby grew up without a mummy. Maybe if you learnt what protection was, the brat wouldn't be here at all." She snarled at him, pausing before realising what she had just said. "No, sorry." It was the first time she had ever said sorry to him. Ever. "I don't know what I'm saying, i'e been so messed up lately, I on't know what's happening."

Jay saw the desperation in Tracy's eyes. He couldn't remember ever seeing her like this. "It'll get better. I know what it's like to lose someone you love." Jay had been devastated by the death of both of his parents. His mother had only died a year ago.

Tracy yawned again, she felt odd about his death. Of course she was upset but, not as much as she thought she would be and at the moment she felt more alone than anything. Yes, she had Marcus but he was nothing more than a child, Tracy realised she no longer had any one to talk to about the 'grown up' stuff. She started crying, suprised at her lack of hiding her emotions lately.

Jay saw the tears start to roll down Tracy's face. He still secretly loved her at the same as hating her. Walking forward, he wrapped his arms around Tracy. "How abuot I walk you home?? How far is it from here??"

Tracy sniffled into him for a bit before shrugging, she had never felt so weak in her life. "It's quite a bit, I normally apparate." she managed to say between sniffles. "It's okay, I can make it." She stood up, her face next to his now, and suddenly caught a waft of something like aftershave. "Merlin, do you need any more aftershave on?" She coughed again and took a step back form him, trying to get away from the stench.

"I'm not wearing much. Only a little bit." Jay was confused by how Tracy was smelling something that he was hardly ever using. "Plus it doesn't smell that bad." He watched as Tracy backed away.

(I forgot about that one and almost wrote a different reply)

Tracy nodded. "It really does, anyway I have to get home and write to Sydney about her father. Bye." She was confused as anybody why she was suddenly feeling better but she didn't complain. She waved, not wanting ahug because of his stench, and turned on the spot, dissapearing from veiw.

Jay couldn't understand why he had just stood in the middle of the harbor trying to comfort his ex-wife but he turned and walked away with stride in his step knowing that she had a hard task at hand.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back