Unusual

Blake Hunter

Wand
Indonesian Palm Wood Wand with essence of phoenix ash 9 3/4 inch"
Unusual indeed. It was very much out of the ordinary that he had as of yet not gone into the Forbidden Forest of Hogwarts New Zealand. Needless to say, due to his love for adventure, he had entered the forest at Hogwarts Scotland many time, too many to count. He had as of now been at his new school for most of the current school year. For some reason, he had not went into the forest. Maybe it was because he had been busy, or hungry, or something every time he thought about it.

Blake was about to change that. He couldn't help but smile as he took his first step into the forest.

Abbey walked along the side of the lake, her arms wrapped around her stomach as usual, trying her hardest to stay warm in the thin black jack she had found at the bottom of her suit case. She looked across the lake and onto the Forest, she scanned the edge and then turned her eyes towards a person that was heading towards the forest.

Her eyes lit up with sisterly love, it was Blake. She quickly walked over to him, and just as he was about to head into the forest she wrapped her arms around him from behind and said in a gentle voice, "Hey you." She kissed his jaw from behind, and smiled warmly at him. She shivered as she put her arms back around her stomach. As she waited for his response she couldn't help but feel a little bit of distance, like he was mad at her, she wasn't sure why he would be but she just had that sort of feeling in the pit of her stomach, one that made her feel nauseous.

Blake turned around with a smile on his face. He knew who it was from her voice. It was Abbey. "Hey," he said back before he gave her a hug. After he released her, some thoughts suddenly flew into his head. He was somewhat angry with her, but had not remembered it until just now because he had been glad to see her. This was the perfect time to talk to her about it. "So.. want to go for a walk with me?

Abbey smiled at Blake then she said in a small voice, "Sure." She linked arms with Blake and let him lead her into the forest. She smiled at him, but stayed close to him because she was a little afraid of the darkness and the coldness, she didn't like the forest much anymore, she just hoped that it didn't show, she wasn't ready to tell Blake why she was yet. "So what's up with you? Making lot's of friends Blaky?" she asked with a friendly smile.

Blake walked along through the forest with his 'sister', Abbey. They walked in silence for a couple of minutes before Abbey spoke. Up till then he had been thinking and wasn't paying attention to anything except for his thoughts. When she spoke, he came out of his thoughts in a sort of daze and looked around. "What? Uh.. yeah. Friends, right. Been making plenty of them.."

Abbey looked over at Blake as he responded, she sighed, something was on his mind. "What's wrong Blake? Are you okay?" she asked worriedly, but her anxiety was quite clear in her voice, she was afraid that he knew something that she didn't want him to know. She moved in closer to him cautiously as she waited for his response.

"Nothing's wrong, I'm fine." Blake sighed. Something was wrong. And he had just lied to Abbey. He wondered if she could tell the same way that he could tell when she was lying. It was the other way around this time, though. They had been walking the whole time, but now Blake stopped where they were. He spoke in a voice that hinted a bit of anger in it. "Why didn't you tell me that you were living on the streets?"

((And, the yelling's about to commence. :D))

When Blake stopped walking, Abbey continued walking, but stopped immediately when he asked her about living on the streets. Abbey's mouth opened and a small gasp escaped her. She turned around to look at Blake, confusion written on her face clearly. "How.. How do you know that?" she asked, nearing tears. Her stomach knotted up as she waited for his response.

Blake locked his eyes into Abbey's and kept them there. "I overheard you talking to someone in the Entrance Hall." Without wanting to, he suddenly started to feel somewhat bad, he hoped that she didn't think he had been eavesdropping. He had just been on his way somewhere and stopped behind a corner when he heard her. But the thoughts of that left his head and he spoke once again in the same voice he started with after he stepped closer to her. "How come you didn't tell me?"

A crease between Abbey's eye brows formed and she inhaled deeply then asked harshly, "You were listening into my conversation with Alex?" Her eyes narrowed as he stepped closer to her, she took one step back from him and put her arms out and said, "I didn't tell you because I don't have to tell you, it's not your business, I can tell who ever I want." She scowled at Blake, she couldn't believe he was mad at her for this. "Why do you care anyway?" she snapped coldly. I hate everybody with families and rich brats! They can't keep their noses in their own business, she thought frustratedly.

Blake did likewise and now had an angry demeanor also. "It's not like I meant to, I accidently overheard. I don't go around eavesdropping." He noticed Abbey step back before continuing. "Not my business?" He stopped for a moment. "You're right, it's not. But I just thought that you would tell me something like that. And it's obvious why I care, isn't it? Unless something's changed lately, we're as good as family. That's what we basically are. Families help each other, Abbey, because they care about each other. They care about each other's problems, too." He thought for a moment, debating on whether he should add the next thing or not. He decided he should. "Why do you keep stuff like this from me? I love you, Abbey! You're like a sister to me, and you have been since we first met. I care about you!"

Abbey rolled her bright violet eyes as Blake said that he 'accidentally overhead.' She looked down as Blake said that he loved her and was her sister she bit her lip hard and said, "I don't have a family, you're my friend nothing else." She blinked her eyes and looked up at him and then continued, "Everyone in my family dies or goes missing before I even get to know them well enough." She bit her lip once more and sighed. "It isn't your business, it's only the business of the people I tell, and there are only four of them."

Abbey crossed her arms against her chest and said, "These four people actually understand what I'm going through, they can help me, there is nothing you can do, you're only going to bug me about living on the streets and doing what I need to do eat." She sighed gently and said, "As much as I love you because you know I do, there is nothing you or I can do." She looked up at him desperately wanting a hug now, though she wasn't sure why.

Blake was now wearing a serious look on his face as he took a step closer to her again, before responding to her comment about her family. In a soft voice, almost a whisper, he spoke. "I'm willing to take that chance." A silence overtook him for a few moments while he listened to Abbey. "Why would I bug you about it? Sure there may not be anything I can do about it, but I promise that I won't bug you about it. Surely you know me better than that?" Silence once again took over the moment, and Blake wasn't sure what to do or say next.

Abbey looked up at Blake as he whispered and the put her hand on his shoulder as if she was trying to keep him from getting too close to her. "I'm not," she responded in a softer voice then Blake had used. She knew that if she lost Blake she would be completely wrecked, and there would no salvaging her anymore. "I know," she admitted shyly as Blake said that he wouldn't bug her, she had used the wrong word, she meant he would pity her, and she didn't want, or need pity, she hated that but she often got it.

Blake gave one step backward after Abbey seemed that she was keeping him away. "Say what you will, but to me, you'll always be my 'sister.' Nothing can change that." He felt like walking away at that moment, but he didn't. Something kept him rooted right where he was. Maybe it meant that the conversation wasn't over, then again maybe it didn't.

((What brought on the color change?))

[I was in the mood :p ]

Abbey frowned when Blake took a step backwards she took a step forwards and wrapped her arms around him gently. "Blake," she murmured painfully, she really was unsure what she was going to say though. "Be careful... brother," she added with a small kiss on his cheek. She then pulled away from him and turned to walk out of the forest hoping she could go find Theodore or Brandon now.

lame sorry ^^

Blake returned the hug gladly. It felt... reassuring. Or some other feeling like that. He gave a weak smile when she called him brother, and the kiss also felt... reassuring, or some other feeling like that. As she turned to leave, he didn't feel like staying out there any longer, so he did likewise.

((Ugh.. so was this one.))

END OF THREAD

[Do you want to start a new one?]

Users who are viewing this thread

Back