Nola Bennett

Adopted | BE MY FRIEND
OOC First Name
Donna
Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Too Young to Care
Okay, so Nola knew that their Common Room was on this floor. That was the first place they went to! But she didn't understand why it had to be so secretive. If Caleb hadn't been in the same house as her, she definitely would have tried to figure out a way to try and visit him in his House. Houses usually allowed guests, right? So she wasn't sure why they couldn't do the same here. Nola figured she should have at least gone exploring with Caleb, then they could have found their way together, or Caleb would remember where to go, if he had been paying attention. Instead, there she was, standing in the middle of the corridor by herself, waiting for a familiar face so she could ask them how on earth she could find their common room.

Nicola had grown accustomed to being sorted in Gryffindor. Before Hogwarts she hoped that the sorting hat would have sorted her with her sister or brother, but in the end the sorting hat didn't sort with family bonds in mind. It wasn't like she was going to she her brother or sister anymore, it just was a bit harder now. Nicola was curious to know how the other common rooms worked. They just had a stupid portrait that flung open, but if you didn't know that was the one it was just a regular portrait. As soon as she arrived on the seventh floor she spotted a girl from her dorm. She decided to walk up to her, she hadn't made any friends as of yet and that should definitely change soon. ''Hey, also going to the common room?'' Nicola asked calmly.

If any of the portraits had ever once been helpful in their lives, it seemed as if they had used up all their helpfulness, and were not keen to help a lost firstie. Perhaps, they weren't allowed to tell her? It seemed a bit mean, really, but Nola knew that eventually someone would come along. She definitely hoped it was someone nice; she would hate to ask someone for help for them to just laugh in her face. Thankfully, Nola was approached by a familiar, and what she hoped was friendly, face. "Hey! Nicola right? So um, yeah, that's the plan, I just need like, one of these portraits to tell me which one I need to go through..." She said, looking back at the portraits again.

The portraits didn't tell people anything, because other students weren't allowed to know how to gain access to the other common rooms. Nicola didn't think it was possible either to just follow a Hufflepuff and gain access to their room that way. She hadn't tried the idea so she had no clue. When the girl said her name Nic tried her damnedest to remembers hers. She was pretty sure is was Nola and she decided to go with it. ''Yeah its Nicola, you are Nola right?'' All these first years were already longer than she was. Part goblin genes definitely did something with your grow hormones. ''I am pretty sure that it always the same portrait, otherwise the door to our common room would move with it as well.'' Nic was sure that it was the portrait with a lady on it. Their prefect had showed it to them on their first night. ''Are you also excited to finally learn magic?"' Nic asked the girl.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back