Blood Status
Half Blood
Relationship Status
Seeing Somebody
Sexual Orientation
El
Wand
Curly 14 1/2 Inch Flexible Blackthorn Wand with Hippogriff Feather Core
Isaiah definitely enjoyed spending time around brightstone and today was no exception. By now he had even managed to just be automatically invited along whenever his pa had a meeting around the village. It did make him wonder whether that was because his parents finally believed he was responsible enough to be there by himself or if it had been the constant nagging about wanting to tag along that had gotten his dads to agree on it. Seeing as he was now roaming the streets when he was supposed to stay at the park he figured it was the latter. It wasn't as if he was going to go far into the village or anything, he limited his explorations to the few streets close to the park. That still counted as being responsible right? Sort of? He'd just have to make sure he'd be back at the park in time for his dad to pick him up again. No worries, all would be well. It wasn't as if much could happen to him around here anyways, at least he was responsible enough not to head towards the sketchy looking mansion he knew was somewhere around time. Isaiah had heard stories the place was haunted and he really, really wanted to check it out but he also wanted to make it to hogwarts alive. Now that it was only a little while before he finally got to go he definitely wasn't going to ruin that. With his guitar hung on his back the boy made his way through the streets, stopping every now and then to gaze into a shop window. There was one in particular that caught his eye, one with prank items that were sure to be fun. He wasn't one to really prank people in a bad way but annoying his sister with fake spiders or only bad flavoured beans sounded like a good time. For him, at least. Isaiah stood in front of the window as he kept looking in at the items on display. He was seriously considering heading inside but he didn't have any money anyways so perhaps it was better not to be even more tempted than he already was.

Noah was leaving the Gambol and Jape's store. His parents had gave him money and allowed him to go buy a birthday present for his younger brother and he knew that he loved pranks so he decided to come to this shop who apparently had all sorts of pranking devices.
He had bought his brother some frog spawn soap, he wasn't exactly sure what it did but the seller did told him that it was basically harmless and that it was guaranteed to make the whole family laugh so Noah impulsive bought that. Since he had a few galleons left he bought something labeled as canary creams, they seemed really yummy and he was kind of hungry so he bought five to take home and eat with his parents and brothers, he asked himself why would a prank shop have food but they also seemed to have jellybeans so maybe they sold prank material and desserts.
He was outside, the cold was starting to make itself be felt, when he say a boy looking at the inside of the shop "You should go inside and stop freezing in there. It's way warmer there" he said the other boy, who didn't seem particularly cold but he decided to go with that for an ice breaker.

Isaiah had been staring through the shop's window for a while, trying to take in everything he might like so he could ask one of his dads about it the next time they'd be in brightstone. He finally tore his gaze away from the window though when he noticed another kid coming out of the shop. He let out a short laugh at the boy's words, vigorously shaking his head for a second. "Dude, no way. My pa would kill me." He replied, before adding a little more explanation. "He dropped me off at the park so I'm not even supposed to be here." Isaiah dropped his voice a little bit, not wanting any noisy adult that might be passing by to hear what he was saying. The kid seemed alright though and he was pretty sure he wasn't going to rat him out to anyone. It would be lame if he did. "I'm Isaiah, but I'm cool with Zay." He decided to introduce himself now that he had let the boy in on his crime. He wasn't much of a hand shaker, feeling like that was some sort of formal adult thingy. Instead he held out a fist for the guy to bump as he waited for him to share his own name.

Noah nodded, strict parents sounded awful and he couldn't help but be a bit sorry for the other boy. His parents often let him wander around, they said he needed to start gaining independence. Maybe they told him that because they were too busy taking care of his younger brothers.
"I'm Noah." he said giving the other boy a first bump "No cool nickname, just Noah. Too short to have a nickname anyway" he added. The other boy was clearly breaking the rules that his dad set and he probably wouldn't be very happy to find his son here "What do you say we head towards the park, I make you company and we eat these on the way?" he said showing the boy the canary creams. He had bought them to share with his family but he was down to share them with this boy, besides if he shared the canary creams with him he could eat more than just one.

Isaiah didn't think his pa would be too angry if he found out he had been anywhere else than the park, but it might keep him from bringing the boy along again and he definitely didn't want that. Especially not after he had spend so much time trying to convince his dads that he was responsible enough to be left on his own somewhere that wasn't their house. "Nah man, I'm sure I can come up with some sort of nickname sooner or later." He nodded, pretty confident in his own ability to call people by anything else than their full name. Surely if he knew the boy a bit better there'd be something he could come up with. "I mean if you're offering me snacks how can I say no." He replied with a light-tone, half joking even if there was also a hint of truth in there. He obviously wasn't going to say no to snacks and heading back to the park would be the responsible thing to do. See? He could totally be responsible! "So you heading off to Hogwarts next year as well?" Isaiah asked curiously as they started making their way towards the park. If this kid was heading off to school as well and he might as well find out if he was friend material right away. So far he seemed cool though.

Noah laughed, Isaiah was a guy like him, the way to get to his heart was through offering him free food. He started walking to the park, remembering how just a few weeks ago he was completely lost and didn't even knew where the park was.
"Yup, I guess you too?" he asked more rhetorically than serious, by the way the other boy asked it was clear that he would be going there too. "High hopes?" he questioned with a half laugh, everyone he met was extremely excited to go to school, he was too but more because of the parties than academics.
He started taking the canary creams from the bag and offered one to Zay "So you want one?" he said extending him the bag, that emanated a sugary smell, with one of the pastries already in his hand.

Isaiah hadn't really been paying attention to whatever snacks the boy had actually brought, but at the quickest glance they looked like snacks so it seemed like a complete win. He'd be back in the park in case his pa came back early and there'd be snacks and company. He nodded as to say he was going to the school as well, although his own question had given that away pretty clearly. "Oh for sure. It's gonna be good." He nodded as he answered Noah's question. He did have high hopes for the seven years ahead of us and he was sure he'd be able to make at least a couple of them a reality. It was only when the other boy got whatever snacks he had brought out again that Isaiah realized what they were. "Dude, no!" Isaiah laughed as he shook his head, yet at the same time made sure to stick out his hand in order to block Noah from actually putting the one he was already holding into his own mouth. "Trust me, you do not wanna do that."

Noah was caught off guard when Zay's hand block him, there were a lot of canary creams in the package, he didn't need to go for the one in his hand. The other boy seemed like he knew what he was talking about when Noah noticed the invisible underline when he said do not, he wasn't going to eat it anymore now but he was curious about why Zay stopped him.
"You better have a really good reason to keep me from eating a sugary thing" he said serious with the joking tone slightly noticeable at the end. He hoped Zay didn't stop him from eating because he would said that Noah needed to eat that with a fork and knife, or maybe that he needed to wash his hands at least three times before grabbing the pastry.
"So...I presume you don't want one?" he said shyly not really sure what do or what to say without further explanations, it was hard not to eat such good looking things.

Isaiah tried his best to stop laughing when it seemed the other boy had no clue what he was about to do to himself. For a second he wondered if he should just let him eat it, have another laugh, but something in him eventually decided against it. "You bought those at the joke shop, right?" He asked, giving the sweets another look. Oh yes, these were definitely the ones that turned you into a bird. He'd heard it only lasted for about a minute or so which didn't even sound too bad if he was being honest about it. "Nah," Isaiah shook his head when presumed he didn't want one. "Those things turn you into a bird, bro." He explained with a laugh, nodding at the package of canary creams before almost invisioning a lightbulb appearing above his head. "You should totally keep those and bring them to school though."

Noah was surprised that Zay knew where he bought the pastries but he thought that maybe they were characteristic from pranking stores, and because they met outside a pranking store. Noah was thinking bout this when he connected the dots, the food was probably some kind of prank, it could be fun for him to try the prank but as soon as the boy tood him he would turn into a bird he froze. The name canary creams made a lot more sense now. "I was gonna have my parents eat this before I found you" he said half amused and picturing his parents and siblings as birds but then Zay gave him a really good idea.
"I can already tell we are gonna get along perfectly" he said with a laugh "You are an evil genius just like me" he added joking. He would probably give that to his roommates as a prank telling them they were homemade pastries, or maybe even have a bake sale with Zay where they just tried to offer the creams to other naive students.
He put the pastry back in the package "I'm totally bringing that to school" he said with a laugh that came a lot more wickedly than he meant it to "Counting on you to help me getting rid of these bro" he said looking at the other boy, after all what activitiy could be better to bond than a prank?

Isaiah burst out laughing at Noah's mention of having his parents eat it. Surely that would've been fun. At least as long as his parents didn't know what they were. He didn't know the kids parents so he couldn't know. Perhaps they'd get mad at him if it happened or maybe they'd laugh along once they had turned back. Who knew? "That would've been amazing!" He chuckled, before giving a little shrug at what the boy said next. "I don't know about evil, or genius for that matter, but I'm pretty fun to be around if I do say so myself." He responded, straightening his back and puffing his chest out for a second in an attempt to look proud. He wasn't lying though. He certainly wasn't evil and he wasn't much of a genius either, but Isaiah figured he'd definitely got his personality going for him, felt like plenty of kids were surely going to want to hang out with him once at school. "Totally!" Isaiah nodded at the mention of getting rid of the treats once they got to school. He wasn't much of a prankster, but this wasn't much of a prank. Not a big one at least, just a small, innocent one that could definitely get people to laugh. Which is exactly what he liked to do, make others laugh. "You better take good care of them untill then though." He added. "Keep them out of reach of any siblings or pets if you've got those."

Noah laughed too at the thought of his parents eating that, his mom would probably recognise that before they ate them for sure or at least he hoped so, mom was always kind of the one that kept everyone alive and stopped everyone from hurting themselves.
Noah nodded, he couldn't think of any place where he could keep them that his siblings wouldn't find and that was at the same time fresh enough to keep them from going bad. Maybe he would just give them to his dad and he would keep them for him, dad was always up to make part of a secret plan especially a wizard one since he was a muggle "Don't worry, I'll guard them with my life" he said putting a hand over his heart with some exaggeration and chuckling.
Isaiah seemed a lot like Noah and the young boy saw a lot of himself in the other guy, maybe they even shared the same interests, so he decided to ask him "Will you be trying out for the sports team? I think we can only do it after our second year but I definitely will" he said hoping that Isaish knew what he was talking about because he wasn't remembering the name of the sport. It was always good to have someone who he could share interests with and maybe someday they could either be rivals or teammates.

Isaiah nodded when Noah mentioned guarding them with his life. He wasn't sure how the boy was going to do that or whether the caramels would even stay good untill they got to hogwarts but the least they could do is try. Or well, Noah could try. He would happily let the other boy take responsibility over the snacks, or prank items really. He was the one who bought them in the first place anyways so it only seemed logical. Isaiah perked up a little at the mention of sports teams, which sounded a bit weird to him as well. Why not just call it quidditch? He was about to ask when he realized that maybe the other boy wasn't as used to magic as he was, maybe he just forgot about the name of the game for a second. "Dunno, might be. Still got a year to decide though." He said with a little shrug, still debating with himself about whether or not he wanted to play quidditch. The sport was pretty loved in both his direct and extended family and his dads would surely be proud if he made the team, he just hadn't decided on whether he actually wanted to though. "I've got two cousins who played quidditch last year though, so I'll totally be at every game cheering." He proudly added. He knew one of his cousins had been an alternate and didn't know if she'd be on the team again next year but he still thought having older cousins who played quidditch at school was totally cool and he hoped others would think so too.

Noah nodded, he knew it was a bit early Hogwarts hadn't even started for them but he knew that he was definitely trying out for the team. He loved team sports, he loved any sport to be honest, he wasn't the smartest of his siblings so he kinda felt proud that at least he was the more athletic one.
"I know that as soon as I'm a second year I'll be trying out" he said "But until then I'll be joining you on the stands cheering" he added.
It would be pretty fun if they ended up in different houses, if they watched a game together the rivalry would be on fire but obviously it was a friendly one, sports bring people together not the other way around. Whatever the result was Noah wouldn't be mad at his friend, he thinks he can call Zay a friend.
"So what do you like to do?" he asked the boy, he knew that he definitely was a joker, had a really chill vibe going on and he was really laid back, it was like Noah was seeing himself in the mirror, but he didn't knew much about what his interests were.

Quidditch was quite big in his family and Isaiah had considered trying out to play himself but he didn't want to make any final decision untill he was old enough to possibly try out. He wouldn't be able to do so untill his second year so he figured he didn't have to make a decision now and being the procrastinator that he was the idea of not having to think about it for a while suited him. "Yeah!" He nodded enthusiastically when Noah mentioned being at the stands with him. He would definitely be at every game, especially with his cousin(s) on a team. It would be so cool to see them play for real after having heard them tell stories about their games. "If we end up in different houses though, be prepared for my house to totally beat yours though." Isaiah laughed. He had honestly no idea where he would end up but it didn't matter much to him. Wherever he'd end up would be the best house for sure. His pa was a hufflepuff, his dad a slytherin and he knew his uncles were ravenclaw and hufflepuff so there was zero dislike towards any of the houses in their family. "Well one thing's obvious." He replied, tapping the guitar he was still carrying around his back. "Unless you thought that was there for decoration." Isaiah joked. "I like to roll around on my skateboard, not much for tricks or anything but it's a whole lot more fun than just walking." He added. His board was an old one, one had gotten quite a while ago and that had certainly had outlived its time. He was attached to it though so wouldn't get rid of it, even with all the risks that came with using a tattered board. "But yeah, other than that just anything that's fun. What about you? Got any skills?"

Noah laughed, obviously the boy had no idea that Noah's house would always win the Quidditch matches especially after he was in it "Mhm, we'll see about that" he answered him with a grin.
Noah was impressed, he had seen the guitar but for some reason he didn't think that Zay could play but it was the only obvious justification unless he just liked the weight in his back "My sister and brother are the more musical in my family. My sister doesn't play anything but my brother plays the violin. It seems boring but it's an electric one so...it's pretty badass" he said to Zay. Noah didn't play anything but because of his siblings he knew just enough to keep a conversation.
"Well... I really like sports, I used to play ice hockey, soccer, amongst other things and I'm pretty good at any sport. I really like food too but I don't know if that's an interest since I mostly like to eat it" he said with a laugh.

If there was one thing Isaiah felt ran in a lot of members of their family it was competetiveness. He knew some of his cousins were definitely competetive and he had hand of it himself. If there was something he was doing he could win then he wanted to win. Perhaps it had something to do with the fact that he loved attention but who knew. "Sounds sick." He nodded when Noah mentioned his brother playing some sort of electrical violin. Any instrument turned electric sounded cool to him, even if he himself mostly enjoyed just playing his guitar as it was. "Right, that explains the enthusiasm about wanting to join a quidditch team." Isaiah nodded when the other boy only mentioned team sports in his list. If he liked team sports then yeah, he should definitely see if he could try out for the team. "Dude, is anyone not interested in food even human?" He laughed at the boy's next words. He enjoyed hanging out with him so far, totally thought they'd become friends when at school. Or maybe they had even already sort of become friends right now. Either way, if they'd ended up in different houses he'd definitely make sure to seek Noah out in the castle so they could chill. "Which house d'you think you'll get?" He then asked, curious as to whether the boy had any idea about where he might end up.

Noah nodded "Yeah, sports have always been a huge part of my life, especially because my other brothers aren't as interested so I kinda have to be interested for all the three of us. My dad is kind of a sports fan and I don't wanna let him down" he explained to the other boy. His dad had never said such thing but Noah felt it, their dad was totally okay with his brothers choices and interests but Noah felt like his dad would probably need a sports buddy so he was trying to be the sports person of the family so his dad wouldn't be the only one interested in that.
He laughed at Zay's next comment, he had to admit that basically everyone loved food, his mom was a great cook and maybe because of that all his siblings liked food and most of his friends from elementary school always asked for a second dose of food in the cafeteria during lunch time so he presumed they also loved food.
Then the other boy asked him a question that basically everyone asked, he wasn't sure how real his predictions were but he answered the same as he had answered to the other people he had met "Either Gryffindor or Hufflepuff I think" he said, reviewing mentally what those houses were known for to make sure he had mentioned the right ones "What about you?" he asked back.

Isaiah smiled when Noah said he didn't want to let his father down because he definitely felt the same. "Is he a wizard, your dad? Or like non-magical?" He asked out of plain curiousity of what sort of situation the boy lived. Especially since he mentioned his dad being such a big sports fan and naming all these muggles sports. "Not that I care about that kind of stuff, just curious really." He shrugged. He really didn't care. What did it matter if someone had magical or non-magical parents or whatever? As long as they were good parents everything was good. He better than anyone else knew that blood shouldn't matter. Whatever percentage of magic someone had in their blood didn't matter to him, he knew that, he was raised that way. Just like he better than anybody knew that blood didn't define family. Isaiah nodded when his friend, he figured they were sort of friends right now anyways, mentioned where he thought the hat might place him. "Dunno man, could be anything." He replied, not having the slightest clue where he mind up. "My family says so as well, the only thing we could all agree on was that it's for sure not going to be Ravenclaw." He laughed. Yeah, that was totally not his place.

Noah laughed a little, he didn't felt at all offended by those kind of questions he didn't even knew why some people were "My dad's a muggle, my mom's the magical one" he said with a smile to show him that it was no trouble for him to answer to that.
He laughed at the other boy joke on not being a Ravenclaw, that was probably what Noah's family and him thought about himself too, everything BUT a Ravenclaw. Noah felt like he didn't belong to Slytherin either, maybe because of the bad omens associated with it and he never thought of himself as a bad person. "That's cool. We might end up being house mates then" he smiled at the other boy. He was meeting tons of people before the school year so hopefully he was bound to have someone that he knew in his house.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back