Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Seeing Somebody
Sexual Orientation
Pansexual
Wand
Curly 9 Inch Flexible Black Walnut Wand with Hippogriff Feather Core
Jordie knew he should be celebrating with his teammates. He knew that. But it just felt so hard to smile right now. His ribs hurt. After the game ended, he threw on something haphazardly and walked out to the lake. He didn't want to see anyone right now, which was odd for him. He settled down on the shore, under the closest tree, and brought his knees up to his chest. He stared blankly out at the water for a while, feeling generally dejected, not noticing anything around him.

Isaiah had to admit he had been a bit disappointed at how quickly gryffindor had lost the match, not too keen on heading back to the common room. Instead, he wandered around the grounds for a while after the match, curious to see if there was anything interesting going on. He figured hufflepuff would probably be having some sort of party in their common room and he had to admit he was a little jealous at the thought of that. He wasn't going to sulk about that though. Who needs a party to have fun anyways? He was more than capable of making his own fun. Zay was a little surprised when he noticed one of his friends as he wandered around though, casually strolling over to him. "Bro, don't tell me you're skipping the victory party." He said as he let himself fall down on the ground next to Jordie, only then noticing his friend seemed a whole lot less enthusiastic than he should be. "Dude, hey, what's up? Did you, like, miss the part where hufflepuff won?" He let out a soft laugh as he nudged his friend, wondering how anyone could look so glum after winning a match.

Jordie jumped when he heard a voice, glancing up guiltily at Isaiah and turning his head away quickly. Jordie let out a long sigh as Isaiah nudged him, unable to hide his horrid mood. "Yeah. Fat lot of good I did. My first game ever and I got hit by a bludger and didn't even score," he sighed. "I missed half of my shots in practice. My grades suck. I couldn't even get you to join our stupid band," Jordie hung his head in his arms, not looking at Isaiah. "I suck. It's no wonder he rejected me," he sighed heavily, shutting his eyes. "The boy I like... liked? He shut me down." He explained, knowing that was the real root of his problems.

Isaiah was a bit taken aback by how down Jordie seemed. It didn't seem to make a lot of sense to him, especially not since his team just won a game. "Okay but dude, you got to play!" He exclaimed excitedly. "And you didn't score because you guys had already won!" He added, still a little confused about what the problem was. When Jordie continued talking Zay started to get it though, especially at the last thing he mentioned. "Right, so this isn't about any of those other things because we both know that's all rubbish." He said, giving a dismissive wave with his hand to say that none of that was true. "But about.. a guy?" He asked, trying to think if he could remember who Jordie had been crushing on before it dawned on him. "Wait d'you mean the ravenclaw?" Zay tried to hide his surprise. He hadn't had a lot of interaction with the boy but as far as he was aware the guy seemed boring. Definitely no fun.

Jordie didn't believe the boy that it was all rubbish. It didn't feel like rubbish. He nodded slowly as Isaiah asked about the Ravenclaw and nodded. "Eoin." Jordie sighed. "He was cute and sweet. He helps me study, and he makes me feel like I'm not so stupid." Jordie sniffled, tears welling up in his eyes. He wiped at them, trying not to look so weak. "I took him to the yule ball, I've been trying, but... he just... doesn't like me." Jordie let out a sad sigh. Normally he liked being everyone's friend. But he had hoped that maybe... if he had just tried, waited long enough, then maybe... but it hadn't been meant to be.

Isaiah hated seeing people he cared about sad, absolutely hated it, so when Jordie started to sniffle he felt himself slip a little more into his brotherly role like he would at home when his siblings were sad for whatever reason. "Hey, dude, c'mon, you're not stupid." He said encouragingly, lifting his arm to ruffle his friend's hair for a second. "Look, I get it's.. sad. I reckon it even sucks." Zay started, trying to push his own nonchalance aside for a second. He wasn't too interested in people like that yet so he wouldn't know exactly what his friend was feeling, but he could imagine it wasn't fun. And he'd be an idiot if he didn't recognize it was seriously getting Jordie down. "But honestly bro, if he doesn't like you that's his loss. You're like wicked cool!"

Jordie wanted to believe Isaiah, he did. But he was still hurting. He couldn't quite bring himself to reply, tears welling up in his eyes. He curled in tighter on himself, turning his head away so Isaiah couldn't see that he'd started crying. Jordie's eyes burned and he bit his lip, trying to keep quiet, but his shoulders shook slightly. He was tense as he tried to keep it together, but soft hiccups and gasps as he struggled still made it through. He covered his mouth with his hand, squeezing his eyes shut and trying to push it all back down.

Isaiah was convinced he would be able to cheer Jordie up, but when his friend didn't respond and even turned away from him his confidence in his own abilities faltered. So maybe he wasn't as good as he liked to think. Or maybe it was because he wasn't exactly used to dealing with heartbreak of whatever he could call this. The only thing he was now sure of was that his friend was a whole lot sadder about it than he had thought. Although maybe him skipping the victory party should've been a dead giveaway that he really wasn't feeling it. "Dude, it's- uh, it's okay.." Zay offered as he wrapped his arm around Jordie's shoulders, knowing that was what he did when one of his siblings was sad. And if it worked with them perhaps it'd work for his friend as well. "You can cry. I don't care. I mean I do care but y'know, I don't mind. Okay, that still sounds wrong. You get what I mean." He offered sheepishly.

Jordie hiccuped, turning and burying his face in Isaiah's neck. He held on to the other boy. He didn't break down in a big, dramatic way, but he still cried softly for several long moments before getting a little bit of control back. He sniffled, but didn't pull back yet. "I'm sorry..." He apologized, his voice shaky. "I know I'm being silly... I just... I really liked him," he brought a hand up to scrub at his cheeks, pulling away a bit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back