Blood Status
Muggleborn
Relationship Status
Too Young to Care
Sexual Orientation
too young to care
Wand
Straight 12 1/2 Inch Swishy Redwood Wand with Thestral Tail Hair Core
Einar hadn’t stayed at the pity party long, only long enough to realise that Lucas wasn’t coming. He felt bad for lucas, he had played well but was so easily affected by the words of others, of certain others in the team. He couldn’t do much to stop them when they were all up in the air. He couldn’t do much to comfort him now that they were back, but he wasn’t going to let Lucas suffer alone. Einar had left the party without much of a word to anyone. He tried a few of the usual spots that he and Lucas hung out, thinking he would be somewhere familiar but likely where not many others would be, which was why he suddenly knew exactly where he was. Einar walked to the dorm and entered the small quiet room, there were not many of them in their year in horned serpent. He didn’t immediately spot his friend, but when he listened he was sure he could hear someone else in the room. He check the adjoining bathroom and then was sure he spotted him. He got down and looked under Lucas’ bed. ”Hey Lucas,” he said forcing as much of a friendly smile as he could. ”You mind if i join you?”

Lucas had been so sure when he had decided to join the team, he had worked so hard, letting his eldest brother run him into the ground just so that he could be good enough to join the team. But when they had practiced, and played, Lucas couldn't help but feel like a failure. Adam and Eli's words, their harsh looks, the way they hated him, it echoed over and over in his head. He hid under the bed, the one place he was sure Dawson would never be able to find him, sniffling quietly as he cried, clinging to the bear Einar had made him. He absentmindedly rubbed one of the ears between his fingers, stretched out on his stomach and propping his head up with the bear. He didn't look when he heard Einar speak, but he did relax just a little at the sound of the other boy's voice. "I just... I just didn't want to be left behind again when you left," He sniffled softly, tears still sliding soundlessly down his cheeks.

Einar watched him carefully, noting the tears on his face. He didn’t get an invitation to join him under the bed, so just lay on the ground before it, looking in at his friend. ”You shouldn’t listen to them Lucas,” he said quietly in response. He knew that the words of those two players were affecting him. ”You are a really good player, really good Lucas,” he assured him, ”They’re just jealous and they’re idiots,” Einar hated them both, had absolutely just the worst attitudes for a quidditch team and it was clear that their actions were affecting lucas. ”Plus I don’t care if I get kicked off the team for it, but I’ll fight them if they so much as try and put a hand on you, you know that?” Einar loved quidditch, but he would do whatever it took, no matter the consequences to stop Lucas getting hurt. ”But, really you played well and they are the dumbest gits alive besides your brothers,”

Lucas looked away from Einar, wiping his tears with his sleeve. His eyes widened when Einar spoke about leaving the quidditch team, and Lucas shot up, knocking his head hard against the bedframe. "ow!" He grabbed his head a moment, ducking down enough to scramble out from under the bed to be closer to Einar. "No! No, you love the team, you can't!" He pleaded, eyes wide as he started crying more. "I'm not- I'm not worth it, I'll just- I'll just quit, you can't fight anyone, not for me, not for something so stupid," He pleaded urgently, grabbing Einar's arm for a brief second before letting go.

Einar shook his head at Lucas, ”You are worth it,” he said, with a concrete and unmoving tone. There was little he believed more than the worth of his best and only friend. ”I love flying, I love quidditch, I don’t need to do either while on the team.” Einar said before just shaking his head, ”it’s as simple as, if you quit, I quit,” he told him. He knew it was maybe a strong thing to say, that Lucas wouldn’t like it much at all, but he didn’t care. Quidditch had been something he’d done for his mother, but she’d understand why he’d leave it, she’d have understood why. ”But, I really don’t think you should quit, Lucas, you’re a natural at it, despite what those guys say,” He told him, assured him.

Lucas's face crumbled at Einar's words. No one had ever believed in Lucas before; not like this. Yes, he had had Aunt Cassi support him from time to time when she showed up, but never like this. He couldn't help himself. He sat back, burying his face in his hands and just sobbing. He wanted nothing more than to crawl into Einar's lap and hold him tight; but he had sworn to himself to never touch Einar again. He had never felt so safe with anyone, never felt so wanted and so... worth something. He sat there, shoulders shaking, just feeling overwhelmed in the best way.

Einar watched as his words seemed to permeate into Lucas. He wasn’t sure it was the right thing to say but he knew it was true. He knew that he would doo those things for his only friend because quidditch didn’t matter more than him. He mattered the most to Einar and he would do what was necessary and he thought that truly Lucas was better than those guys, had more natural talent than them and deserved his position more than them. Einar just watched his friend bury his hands in his face and sob. He wasn’t sure what to do now. He reached out and very lightly let his fingers sit on Lucas’s shoulder, not quite resting resolutely but obviously still there. He knew he couldn’t do more at this point, and he hoped that the little amount of comfort it could provide would be more than enough. He wasn’t sure if he should say anything and just decided to remain silent.

Lucas nearly melted when he felt Einar's hand on his shoulder- he relished the touch, no matter how light it was, and he craved more but he didn't dare move to reciprocate. He hiccuped a little, scrubbing his sleeve over his face as he tried to pull himself together. "I'm sorry," he managed softly, taking a few deep breaths and looking to Einar with a shaky smile. Lucas's heart was beating furiously in his chest. He wasn't sure why; perhaps because of all the crying? But when he looked at Einar, there was this... strange, warm feeling in his chest. Not unpleasant, not at all, it made Lucas' smile a little shyer than it was before.

Einar was just watching him, he shrugged a little at the apology, ”There’s no need to say sorry,” Einar said. He didn’t think that lucas owed him an apology, he knew that the guys on the team that had made him feel bad were just bad people and he didn’t had to say sorry for reacting to them. He had managed to ignore them, but only because he wasn’t so affected than Lucas. The boy was staring at him a little and he just gave a little smile. ”You okay now?” Einar asked, he was sure that maybe the initial hurt was a little gone, ”The pity party was lame anyway, you were at least smart to stay here, when I left they were all arguing again,"[/B]

Last edited by a moderator:
Lucas sniffled, cuddling the bear closer to his chest and smiling warmly at Einar. "Yeah..." He nodded, biting his lip. "Don't they always argue?" He asked with a small smile. "Adam's ego is so big I'm surprised he can fly," Lucas giggled a little, trying to make light of how scary the older boy was to him.

Einar smiled at him and nodded. He was pleased when he heard Lucas giggle, at least he was feeling a little better. ”Yeah I’m surprised the quaffle doesn’t end up in his orbit with an ego that huge,” he added, joking too. Smiling and hoping to illicit another laugh from Lucas. If he was laughing and able to make some light of it, perhaps things would get easier for him on the team. ”Maybe they’ll spend so much time arguing with each other they'll self implode.”

Lucas couldn't help but giggle again, wiping his sleeve across his cheek and looking to Einar. Before he could respond, he yawned. Feeling tired, Lucas rubbed his eyes. "Einar?" He asked softly, looking back up to the other boy from under his lashes. "Do you want to lay down for a little while? I... think I cried too much, I need a nap," He admitted sheepishly.

Einar smiled, it was good to see Lucas giggle and he looked far better when he was smiling than when he was in tears. He much preferred that. But he looked to the boy, and then nodded, ”Sure,” He got to his feet and then moved towards the bed. He could understand wanting to sleep after all that. Most of the time after extreme emotions all Einar wanted to do was sleep also. He just got on the bed and waited for Lucas to join him. Einar was sure he wouldn’t sleep but he could stay with Lucas as he did.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back