Umm, Hi, Sorry, to intrude.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Danielle Warbeck

OOC First Name
James {Main}
Wand
Birch Wand 14 1/4"
Danielle walked to the Herbology Greenhouse, most people would want to stay away from there at all costs, but Danielle liked it. She had a few questions on her mind about, magic plants. She walked, and saw Professer styx's office. She walked to the door, "Knock Knock." Danielle looked around for a bit and spoke up. "Sorry, if I'm intruding, just I have few questions." Danielle said, happily.

Grading essays was enough to get Professor Kalif Styx in a bad mood, but right now, he was rather calm. In the office, it was darker than most would think. The window was blocked by a tall bookshelf and the only light were floating and mounted black and dark gray candles. He heard a knock, and before he could even say 'Enter' or 'Get back to class', the student entered. His onyx eyes landed on the first year. Her happy voice was enough to make him narrow his eyes. He paused in his work, and he said, "They better be good questions, or else there will be consequences for wasting my time." Kalif might be a professor and all, but he was also the Head of Slytherin house, and he could not afford time to be waste socializing with students.

"Err, right I'll make it quick. Just, how are plants just, magical? It doesn't make sense, they are just magical, was one of them hexed with magic, and that one kept breeding, over and over? It doesn't seemed to make sense." Danielle said, crossing her arms. She pointed to a chair across from his desk as to ask, "May I sit?" But she just sat anyway.

Muggle-born, no doubt if she doesn't comprehend magical plants, thought Kalif without a single shred of emotion on his face. Kalif would have to explain it the best of his abilities, but he doubted that a first year would be able to understand it. Kalif watched as she sat down, but after she had done that, he too folded his arms across his chest. "No, one of them was not hexed with magic and kept breeding over and over. That does not make any sense. What makes a plant magical is the properties that it possessed. Take a Mandrake for example. It is a plant, biological and down to the cells, however it behaves like an animal, thus making it alive. When it is chopped up, the properties in it, mixed with other plants that will stimulate a reaction in a potion will be able to cure those that have been petrified; which is a state that resembles death but the person is still alive. It is a magical effect, and due to certain plants, their properties, can reverse or deepen those affected by magic." Kalif doubted that he could really explain why a magical plant is magical. He decided to use another analogy instead. "If you don't understand that, then think about this: asking what makes a magical plant indeed magical, is like asking why you or any other student is magical." He knew why he was magical, because his bloodline had been for centuries. As far as hers, there had to be a squib in the line somewhere. That was his only take on muggle-borns.

"I guess, just a example." Danielle said, shrugging her shoulders. "But, these students have had someone magical, in their familes. Whether, they are Half-Blood, Pure-Blood, Muggle-Born. Anything, they have had someone magical in their familes. These plants, are just magical. Just magical." Danielle said, making sure what she said was correct. "Another question, Are there any Dark-Plants. Like Dark-Wizards, Dark-Plants?" Danielle asked, nodding her head.

"And what makes them, humans like us that is, magical rests within our genes and blood. Same thing with plants or creatures, within their genes and blood. That is what I meant by properties," stated Kalif with a monotone voice. It was rather eerie how he could hold one expression the whole time he was in here. Then there was a question that he definitely knew the answer of. To save the Care of Magical Creatures a question, Kalif nodded, "Yes. And there are dark creatures as well, in case you are wondering." Kalif was wondering if there would be a lot more questions to come.

"Ahh. Now I get it! Thank you." Danielle said, smiling. It made more sense to Danielle now. "Mmm-Hmm, yes I know about Dark-Creatures. Just one more question and I'll be gone. Have you ever dealt, with a Dark-Plant, if so what do you do? I mean unless this is a Defence Against the Dark Arts question, and there may be many different Dark-Plants, so you can just name one."

Very few dark plants were really even found or named, but they all had the same defenses, as if they were inferi. Kalif nodded slowly, "Yes. One in particular, the Devil's Snare. The defenses are the same as they would be for anything dark other than a Dark Witch or Wizard, and that is light and fire, artificial or no." I do have a few dangerous plants here, perhaps she would like to meet the Devil's Snare, thought Kalif darkly, but he brushed those thoughts aside. He tapped his gloved fingers against the robes on his arm. His bleak and cold expression never changed as he waited to see if she had concluded her questions.

"Thats very cool." Danielel smiled at him. Then a thoght came in her mind quickly. "Do you have any dark plants? I mean it might be cool to see one!" Danielle said, nicely, she thought he would say no to it, but Danielle was interested, in these plants. "If you don't have any I'll leave. And I certainly hope I wasn't a waste of your time." Danielle smiled.

The Death Eater thought that she was truly one unique student, and figured that she was sorted into the right house. "I do," Kalif informed, "however you might as well give up on seeing any, because no first year is permitted to see them." The last thing he wanted to do was take her down that Greenhouse and turn around to see that she was made into an afternoon snack. He would not care, but he had to remain the disguise as a professor.

"Cool! Oh, well nevermind then." Danielle said, smiling at her. She had decided she should let him get back to his work and she thought she should leave. "Well, I don't have anymore questions, and I'll have to go. See ya!" Dnailelle said as she walked out of the office, the greenhouse, then back to the corridors.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back