Two Too Cheerful Kids

Aubrielle was utterly happy knowing that she had a sister. She got to meet her too, even better! With her cheerful heart, Aubrielle skipped through the empty street in Brighstone Village. She stopped and spun to observe the area, it was so empty that it scared her a little bit. The eleven years old decided to walk away from this particular part of the village and walked quickly toward the main street. The weren't as many people as usual but at least it wasn't as abandoned. Her heart pounded normally as she entered the huge street with all the stores around her. Aubrielle took a few steps back to see the nest on top of an old store. Suddenly she bumped on something causing her to stumble. She looked back and saw a boy on her age and quickly blushed out of embarrassment "I am soooooo sorry" she apologized, how clumsy of her!

It was Makalo's first time visiting Brightstone village, and already couldn't be more excited to come here more often in the future. His parents had dropped him off the moment they got word that Khauhelo had managed to get a job as a waiter at a pub and would be able to take care of him until he'd be attending Hogwarts. Makalo had been asking questions about his new school a lot since arriving in New Zealand because he wanted to know everything about it. Unfortunately his brother didn't know much about the wizarding school as he had been educated at Uagadou and not Hogwarts. Because of this, Makalo decided that he would ask the locals about the school in the hope that they were able to answer every question. He was about to enter a store to ask questions there when someone bumped into him. Makalo jerked his head around to see who it was and smiled when he saw a girl, about his age he thought, blushing and apologising. ''It's OK, really!'' he said quickly and smiled brightly in the hope that she wouldn't feel guilty about bumping into him.

A smile appeared on Aubrielle's face, her head tilted to the left and studied the boy's facial expression. Oh was she cute with all her big eyes popping up innocently. Part of her wanted to leave him alone but the other major part of her wanted to talk to him. She gathered her courage and began to speak "I'm Aub, psh, Lawbr, psh, Aubrielle" her cheek turned ever more pink as she stumbled on introducing her name. Well that is if her name mattered to the boy standing not too far from her, he was a stranger and he could in the middle of something so she didn't expect much from the situation. "Dear Merlin" she covered her face feeling extremely embarrassed. "I can't even introduce myself properly" she mumbled and slid her second finger of her right hand to the side to peek and to see the boy's reaction. Aubrielle quickly slid her fingers back, covering her eyes completely. She could feel her face burning from embarrassment. Oh was she shy.

Makalo smiled when the girl started to introduce herself and chuckled when she was having a difficult time saying her own name, ''It's a pleasure to meet you, Aub,'' he teased, and held out his hand for Aubrielle to shake it if she wanted to. ''I'm Makalo,'' the South-African boy told the girl whilst waiting for her to shake his hand. ''I am new around here and was about to ask the woman in the shop a couple of questions about the village and the school. Do you know anything about H-Hogwarts? Because if you do you need to tell me everything you know about it!'' he exclaimed happily, though suddenly wondered if he should have mentioned the school, as he did not know yet whether she was like him and his family or not. Although it was important to know if Aubrielle was like him, a part of Makalo was happy to have made his first friend in the country, even if she couldn't do magic.

As an affectionate person Aubrielle pulled Makalo into a hug instead and finally let go of him and blushed even more. She didn't realized that she was supposed to shake his hand. But it had been done so.... "No way! Are you going to Hogwarts too? Because I am" her jaw dropped as her huge wide opened eyes were locked on his. "This is so exciting! Yayy!" she bounced and clapped her hand in a way that it was almost impossible for anyone to hear it banging to each other. Aubrielle knew so many things about Hogwarts eventhough her mother went to Beauxbaton. "Well what do you want to know?" again, as an affectionate person Aubrielle slid her hands on Makalo's arm as she lead him to go on a stroll. "The legacy? The houses? The Professors? The castle? The bullies? The girls?" she stopped after realizing that she talked way too much. She let go of the hand of hers that was snaking on Makalo's arm. Her hands covered her mouth once more and her cheek went pink one more time. "I... I've talked too much", am I annoying you? she gaasped and pouted as her puppy dogs eyes were displayed on her face.

Makalo didn't really know what to do when Aubrielle pulled him into a hug because he did not expect the girl to do that but to shake his hand instead, so waited for the girl to release him before he smiled again. His smile grew when she mentioned that she too would be attending Hogwarts soon and bounced up and down out of excitement. Makalo hadn't really thought about what he wanted to know first as he figured that there were a lot of things he did not know about the school so when Aubrielle started to call out a couple of things she could tell him about, the boy thought about it carefully. ''Why don't you tell me about the houses first?'' Makalo asked, seeing as that was something he knew Uagadou did not have. ''Not at all!'' he replied quickly. ''You would be annoying me if you wouldn't tell me about school!'' he said to reassure Aubrielle that she probably would not annoy him at all.

"Okay the houses" her fingers were now bumping into each other as Aubrielle started to think. "I'm not fully convinced of the houses but here's what my sister said" Aubrielle gestured to Makalo for him to follow her for a walk. "There's Gryffindor, the lion, the house of the brave wizards. Then the Slytherin, cunning, sly, and traditional. Ravenclaw, the ones who appreciate knowledge and are intelligent, and last Hufflepuff!! The house of the loyal kind ones. That's what my sister told me so I'm not wuite sure if the description is biased or not" the young girl giggled. She lead Makalo to an ice cream parlour and pointed to herself while saying "Ice cream" and looked to her side and pointed at Makalo "ice cream?" she wanted to treat him. "One chocolate ice cream please, aand...?" she waited for her new friend to respond.

Makalo listened attentively to Aubrielle as she started to explain the Hogwarts houses to him. He didn't understand why the school chose to put their students in houses but if he were to pick one he would like to be put in it was either going to be Gryffindor or Hufflepuff since those two sounded like the best ones to him. He followed Aubrielle happily when she gestured him to come along and asked,''Which house do you want to be put in?'' while wondering if the students could choose in which house they wanted to be in or if there was someone like a headmaster who would do that for them. While the two of them were talking he hadn't realised that she was leading them to an ice cream parlour, so when she asked what he wanted, Makalo smiled widely. ''One vanilla ice cream, please.'' he said to person behind the counter.

Aubrielle tapped her chin with her right index finger several times before answering her new friend's question. "Hufflepuff sounds good to me though the sorting hat, oh! Sorting hat!" she had completely forgotten to explain the media that place the students in one of the four houses. "So according to Kaia" Aubrielle leaned over and cupped the air, covering the side of her mouth so that she could whisper to Makalo's ear. "There's this old hat who will sort you into one of the houses" she leaned back and took the ice cream by the cone. Oh was she easily distracted. 'Thank youuu" she sang and handed the man on the parlor some galleons. She started to lick some of her ice and accidentally bump her nose into it. "How silly" she giggled at her self and looked at Makalo before giggling even more.

Makalo tilted his head slightly to the right when Aubrielle mentioned they would be sorted into one of the four houses by an old hat. ''A hat?'' he asked just to be sure that he had heard the girl right. ''I am sorry but how does a hat sort you into one of the houses?'' Clearly Makalo was confused by this piece of information about his new school, as it didn't made any sense whatsoever. When their ice creams were ready the boy took his from the man and smiled brightly at him while thanking him. He started licking from the flavoured ice when he noticed that Aubrielle had a bit of ice on her nose, and chuckled while she was giggling. With his index finger he wiped off the ice cream on her nose and licked it from his finger. ''This chocolate flavour is good, but not as good as the one back home.'' Makalo told Aubrielle with a smirk on his face.

Aubrielle nodded again with her blue eyes widely open in excitement. "I don't know how it works, that's why I mentioned about my sister to you!" she playfully nudged Makalo. When the boy wiped the chocolate ice cream off her nose, Aubrielle blushed and looked away. She finally look at him when he started speaking. Playfully and a bit of forcefully, Aubrielle took Makalo's vanilla ice cream and put almost half of the ice cream in her mouth and gave him her chocolate ice cream instead. How mean! The girl started giggling with her mouth full of ice cream and was trying her best not to burst into laughter. She finally gave both of the ice cream to Makalo and quickly swallowed the whole thing and burst into laughter. Her mouth was covered with the ice cream and she quickly wiped it with a napkin. "Sorry I had to do that, would you like me to get you another VANILLA ice cream?" she now felt bad for doing such thing, she was just being playful, she didn't mean to offend him or anything.

Makalo watched as his own ice cream was being devoured and couldn't help but to chuckle slighly at how silly Aubrielle looked with her mouth full of it. He happily started licking from the girl's ice cream when she handed it to him since she had eaten it. He watched her as she tried not to burst into laugher and began so smile widely. Aubrielle looked funny with her mouth covered in ice cream. Makalo shook his head and said, ''I have yours so it's alright.'' with a grin on his face. He hoped that he would be put in the same house as her because she was friend and she was pretty cool. Now that she had swallowed it and was able to talk again, he asked her about Hogwarts again. ''Where is the school? I know that Uagadou is on top of the Rwenzori mountains in Uganda, but where is Hogwarts located?''

Users who are viewing this thread

Back