Two Old Ladies.. Clackity Clack!

Christelle Benoit

Sexual Orientation
Heterosexual
Wand
Mahogany Wand 14 ½" Essence of Phoenix Tail Feather
Christelle was patrolling the first floor corridor, a smile on her face; she had just received the news that she would be head girl during the next term. This had made her day. Her week. Her month even.. In fact, probably her year.
She was so pleased but duty called and, still being a prefect, she had to patrol the corridors to keep students out of trouble.
It was mid-afternoon and most people were studying for their exams or in their dorm rooms, some were outside enjoying the sunlight.
But a faint clop-clop sound echoed along the corridor and Christelle looked around to see who it was.

Leah was wearing her school uniform, as fresh as ever. Her hair was tied back with a small pale blue ribbon, and although this made her look only about fourteen years old, she knew it was complusory. Leah would be getting married in a few months, and even though she knew she'd made the right choice, she couldn't help wondering if it was too quick.
She rounded the corner on her prefect duties, and fount Christelle patroling the corridor. "Hey" she gave her friend a smile. " Congratulations on making Head Girl" she said, she always knew her friend would do well. Leah was quite small for her age, and admired clothes on everyone but herself.

(dont ask about last line xD couldnt help it :p Now for being human xD)

Christelle had to look down a little to meet Leah's eyes but she smiled.
"Thanks, Leah." She said, admiring how she looked today.. It seemed since she had become engaged that she made an enormous effort with her appearance.
"How are you? Have you set a date yet?"
They hadn't spoken properly in a while and there was so much Christelle needed to catch up on.

Leah gave her a hearty smile :)D) and nodded. "We were going for the first of July, but my parents wouldn't allow it. It's now going to be a summer wedding, around November" she explained. The new date wasn't entirely fixed yet. "I'm staying with Alex's family over the hlidays though, which should be fun" she smiled.

"What about you? What have you been up to these last few..months" she said, realising how long it had been since they'd last spoken.

((lol))

"Well.." Christelle said, thinking back over the past months.
"Studying mostly.. I mean, it's only.. what? .. A year until our N.E.W.Ts."
The thing possibly most laughable was that Christelle was not joking;
she had spent most of her time reading back over her past notes in preparation.
"I mean.. I have also been having.. you know, fun.. I.." She was stammering like mad.
Christelle always got nervous when she had said something too private about her life-
like the fact she had managed to spend a whole year in the library and still thought she hadn't had enough time to study.
"I've.. I've started dating this guy." Ok. That was an outright lie.
Christelle had been too absorbed in her studies and her duties as a prefect to even notice a boy.
She hoped Leah would not ask her about the imaginary boyfriend. She really didn't want to be caught lying.
"But.. Yeah, I learnt a load of new and really useful spells.. In all honesty, they probably wont be helpful unless.."
The word honesty was flitting about her mind. It wasn't pleased with the lie she had told about having a boyfriend.
"Unless I end up in some seriously dangerous situation or something.."

Leah shrugged, "You never know. They might come in useful" she said, remembering the time she was in her fifth year and was caught outside the grounds by a dementor. Leah had been studying too, although she only needed to read it once for it to stick in her mind. She would read again nearer the time but at the moment she was living for herself.
When she heard Christelle had been dating someone she instantly became curious. "Ooh, anyone i know?" she asked, slipping back into her girlish self. It wasn't like Leah to be high on the fasion list or anything, but when i came down to boys she couldn't help going a little giggly. Leah was strong at heart and liked to try well at things she did, and so far apprently she was doing well, because she had yet to end up dead.

Christelle had been caught out and she had to think fast.
"It's er.." she had never been very good at lying.
"It's.. Max." Christelle said, that being the only name to pop into her head.
She only remembered the name because he had been chosen as head boy.
"Yeah.. So.. Have you organized everything for the wedding?" She was desperate to change topic.
She could only hope that Leah was no longer her persistent old self.

"Max!?" she was trying not to be shocked, "Seriously?" she asked, her eyes widening. "Nice. I'll have to go congratulate him on getting such a great girl" she giggled. Leah would have loved to be Head Girl, but as prefect she guessed it was the best she was going to get. "Well, i have my outfit sorted out, and the venue. But apart from that, not a clue" she grinned. "Hey. I haven't sent out invitations yet, but would like to be a bridesmaid?" she asked. She had no sisters in her family, and she would also be asking Alex's youngers sisters, but it would be good to have one of her friends taking part with her. Leah was subconsiously playing with the engagement ring on her finger. She was already nervous about the wedding, but she still couldn't wait. "Have you met Alex? And did you come to the engagement party?" she asked, not remembeing seeing her there. "We should all meet up. You could bring Max" she added with a cheeky wink.

(muhaha)

Christelle said nothing as Leah seemed to change the subject..
She'd just have to make sure Max and Leah never had the chance to meet.
Christelle almost jumped for joy, grinning so much. "I'd love to!" she beamed at the idea of being a bridesmaid.
She had only been to two weddings before and she hardly remembered those.
Her eyes fell to the beautiful engagement ring.
"I couldn't make it to the engagement party," she said, guiltily, but she'd had a good reason "Grand-mère was ill and I was the only one who wasn't working."
But then, Christelle felt her stomach turn with worry as Leah mentioned Max again.
"Oh.. um.. yeah. That'd be.. great. I'll talk to him about it- see when he's free."
She gave Leah a convincing smile.
"Right.. Well I have to.. study. I mean, only a year left.. Nice seeing you." She quickly turned on her heel and headed towards the library.. But in truth, she turned before the library, out of sight, to go and find Max.
Well, she needed to know where he hung out so if Leah came near, she could fend her off.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back