Twirl, Swirl and Headache

Isla MacNiall

Sexual Orientation
Heterosexual
Wand
Lignum Vitae Wand 16 Essence of Dragons Whisker
It was a good Saturday morning and Isla was dress in her skirt, tank top, sweater and winter boots. She had decided to get some breakfast and explore the outside again and this time she was thinking to visit the Quidditch pitch where the main sport of the Wizarding world occur. The breakfast was nice and yummy, her tummy was full and she is ready to start her walking, Isla was a slow walker and can't even keep up with Kaleb whenever he walks with her. Sigh, thinking about her friend, she should have invited him to the pitch and could have tried some flying without supervision but Isla isn't going to the pitch to practice flying, she will just try to relax and go cloud sighting alone.

Once she entered the big stadium, she was in awe, it was the same size as the New York Giants stadium in New York but then again, brooms are the once used here and not your feet. Kalem had explained to him about the game and she thought that it was the same as Football (American Football), they tackle and score, they have a defense and offense as well. But the difference is the Cheering Squad, they don't have it her, I wish they have a cheer squad here so I can use my flexibility Isla thought as she neared the middle of the stadium. Isla stopped at the middle and brought her cushion again that she stole in the common room, she laid it in the grass and sat in it, staring at the blue and not so cloudy sky.

Eugene had a light breakfast that morning because he was planning to go to the Qudditch pitch and practise some flying skills.The Quidditch tryouts were coming soon and Eugene was planning to tryout for his team.He knew that the chances of him being picked were very slim but he would try anyway.An alternate's position wouldn't be so bad either.So in hopes of getting an old broom to practice,Eugene set out of the castle and walked towards the Quidditch Pitch.

The snow that had layered the ground had melted overnight and today the sun was shining in the sky but there was still a chill in the air that promised low temperatures when the night came.The grass was slightly damp and it splattered his shoes with tiny droplets as he walked.He was wearing a jacket with a plaid cotton shirt and light blue denim jeans.It looked like the day was going to be too warm for the jacket.

When he reached the pitch,the headed straight towards the Quidditch supply shack where the spare brooms were kept.Eugene selected the youngest looking broom,which was infact an old cleansweep and took a snitch with him.Eugene's preferred position was a seeker because that was the only spot that he had practiced.He had had a lonely childhood so he had never had friends to play Quidditch with him which meant that he had no practice as a Chaser or a Keeper.

He walked out of the shack and towards the pitch.That was when he noticed something-or rather someone on the middle of the pitch.They looked like they were lying on their back and Eugene panicked thinking they had fallen off their broom.He ran towards the center of the pitch but when he was close enough,he realized that the girl was quite concious but she seemed to be staring at the sky which was pericular.Eugene was breathing hard as he reached her and dropped the broom to the ground.He walked over to her and flashed his hand over her head."Hey are you okay?" he asked her slightly irritated that the girl had frightened him for no reason.He wan't irritated at her but at himself for panicking.But the truth was Eugene still had no idea what the girl was doing lying on a couch in the middle of the pitch.

The young Ravenclaw got tired of sitting up and just laid in the grass, her head on the cushion, minutes had past of starring at the sky when she heard footsteps running toward her but she ignore it. Then Isla heard a voice and the sun's rays was block out of her face, the warmth began to be coldness, she heard the panic in the person's tone. Now, Isla's eyes went to the figure and by the looks of it, it was a guy about her age as some point. She smiled but she stayed on the ground laying, "Hey, I'm sorry for scaring you, I thought the stadium is a public property. It just reminds me the New York Giants stadium." She told him calmly, her voice sweet and reassuring. Isla never wanted to make anyone get scared because of her safety, that will be her parents job to do so.

Isla looked at the direction where the guy have drop the broom and went back to look at the guy, he is here because of flying and maybe going to try and play Quidditch, "Are you just going to be flying or playing Quidditch?" She asked, thinking to sat up but instead, she just raised half of her body and made her elbows support her. "I actually want to skip flying lessons but they said it's a must and I don't want to disappoint my parents saying I failed this school as well." Isla's tone became worried, her report card from the muggle world just came and by the looks of it, the young Ravenclaw was flunking classes. Now, she has to meet a teacher who works on the muggle school she was enrolled and difference is that her teacher is a Witch that graduated her in Hogwarts School as well. Isla's parents meet her in the school hearing them arguing about Hogwarts New Zealand.

She thought of standing up for a proper introduction and she did, "I'm Isla ... Isla MacNiall. I'm a muggleborn if ever your a Slytherin." He doesn't look like a Slytherin though, too caring to be one Isla thought and smiled, the young girl studied the guy; Sandy hair, aqua blue eyes, oblong face and a lean and muscular body but she wasn't attracted to him, not now. "So, would you care to teach me flying? ... Like advance or something?" Isla singed, and she was smiling sweetly to the guy who she barely knew and she was asking him to teach her how to fly, what if he cause her death? or worst, what if authorities can't find her body? That was the questions she was asking to herself as she stamped her smile into her lips.

Eugene was equally relieved and puzzled when the girl said that she was okay and that the Quidditch pitch reminded her of another stadium which was apparently in New York.Eugene couldn't figure out if the New York Giants were a Quidditch team or some muggle sports team.But he decided not to think too much about it.And the mystery still remained as to what she had been doing in the middle of the pitch but he decided not to ask that either.

Instead,he noticed that she noticed the broom that he had been carrying.And when she asked him about it he instantly knew by her tone that she was a muggle born and didn't know much about the wizarding world.That was fine by Eugene because he didn't have any sort of superiority complex.He just smiled at her and explained,"Well I'm just going to practice flying because I haven't got anyone to play Quidditch with today.But I'm hoping to try out for the seeker position on the Hufflepuff Quidditch team." he explained to her and then doubted whether he should have mentioned the word seeker at all.It might confuse her if she didn't know anything about Quidditch.

When she told him that she wanted to skip flying lessons,Eugene was surprised.He couldn't understand why anyone wouldn't want to learn how to fly on a broom.It was one of the best feelings ever.But when she mentioned failing with a worried tone Eugene felt like reassuring her,"Flying isn't that hard you know,you just have to hold on tightly to the broom and learn how to manuver.And you won't be failing anything as long as you try to learn it." Eugene felt like his wise words wouldn't do much good if the girl had a fear of height or speed but in that case there wasn't much anyone could do.

As the girl stood up from her cushion,Eugene realized just how much taller he was then her.She was tiny and he was almost half a foot taller than her.Eugene smirked as she introduced herself as Isla and confimed that she was a muggle born.I'm always right he thought impressed by his own ability of being perceptive.And she had an accent just like his.And she's British he assumed as he held out his hand for her to shake."It's a pleasure to meet you Isla,and that is a very nice name." he gave her charming smile and a little bow "I'm Eugene and I'm guessing from your familiar accent that you must be from Britain? Scotland maybe?" he asked her,suddenly curious about her background.Surely,she must have had a hard time being muggle born and having to travel across seven seas to attend Hogwarts New Zealand.

Eugene was about to suggest that could teach her how to fly but she beat him to it."Yeah sure,I'd love to." he replied as he went back and fetched his broom.It was rather slow but it would do for Isla as she didn't need a Firebolt to learn how to fly.

She nodded her head slightly as the guy told her that he was just going to practice flying because he doesn't know anyone who wants to play the sport. If Isla just knew the game and the game is a safe to play, she will go for one round but her luck wasn't on her when she first got her letter for this school. The Ravenclaw actually thought that the letter was for a college acceptance but she was only eleven and barely even pass her school works. "So you want to go for your team too? My friend Kaleb is going for his team as well except he is a Gryffindor but hey, I will cheer for the both of you if the game is not against each other. If not ... Then, what the hell, I'll try my best to be fair." She told the guy and chuckled a bit, thinking this is way a lot harder than she expected. Her not-so-friend yet and her friend is going to try for their team and she is stuck cheering both if ever they went against each other.

Isla then stared at him like a baby starring at something, then she went back to her normal world after he said about how to hold a broom and whatever. Of course, she knew that already, she had watched many shows about Witches and one of her favorite is Bewitched, an old show from the 80's or 90's but she was curious though on how people sit on it; and of course, Isla will asked about that. "Could you sit in a broom side ways?" Bam, Isla asked the question but how can he answer it without being sarcastic or a know it all? She doesn't know. After a little brief broom handling lecture, the guy finally introduce himself as Eugene and guess where she came from as well. "Great guess, I'm from Scotland but I'm not all the way Scottish, mum is American and dad is Scottish. I bet you're from here?" Her guess would be probably right or not at the same time because he kind of look like American with a hint of English on him.

But then when Eugen agreed, her smile almost faded but when she was noticing it was fading, she lift up both the corner of her lips into a smile, "Great!, how do we start again?" Isla asked, she tends to forget things when she's not that keeping her attention to things that is important to her. Now that she can see that she is failing all her classes, Isla is determine to do everything that she can to pass but thinking it makes her groan slightly, she is suppose to meet the teacher from her muggle school this weekend at the village and they will have their one on one classes on her academics. This made her slammed back on the cushion on the ground, hands over her face. What should I do!
Isla screamed on her mind.

Eugene laughed as Isla told him that she would cheer for him and her other friend.Eugene hadn't met anyone named Kaleb but memorised the name just in case she would mention him again."Well lets see if either of us gets chosen first" he said with a small chuckle.Isla was friendly and open and talking to her was fun.Eugene hoped that he would meet more people like her."So you're the cheer leader type,huh?" he commented with a crooked grin.He used to watch many muggle movies and read many books so he knew that in muggle sports,there were girls who made groups that cheered for their team players.And sometimes cheerleaders tended to be mean girls.But Isla seemed fine so Eugene guessed that it was just another stereotype.

When Isla asked him whether it was possible to sit on a broom side ways,it took great control on Eugene's part not to laugh.But he managed not to because he didn't want her to feel like he was mocking her for not knowing things about the wizarding world."No Isla, you would fall right on your bum if you tried.You need to grip your broom with your hands and legs so that you don't slide off." he told her trying not to sound like a know it all.Ah right again he thought with a smug smile as the girl confirmed that she was from Scotland.He wondered if he would ever get tired of being right but decided that he probably wouldn't.Eugene had the ability to read people like an open book and it came from his Nana."No I'm from Scotland too.We live in a muggle neighbourhood near Glasgow and I do know a few things about them too." he said with a know-it-all smile.He couldn't help it.Maybe he should have been in Ravenclaw.

"Well first you place the broom next to your right leg and put you hand above it and say 'Up! like a command.You have to sound firm and show the broom that you are the boss." he said demonstrating it after he had explained.He was about to say "up" but Isla seemed troubled by something because she slammed back onto her cushion and put her face in her hands.Maybe it would help if she talked to him about it so he sat down on the grass next to her and put his hand on her little shoulder as a comforting gesture."Is something bothering you? Do you wanna talk about it?" he asked her softly hoping that she would tell him what was wrong.

As Isla was still in the ground on her back, hands still on her face, she just realized what she did. She then felt Eugene's hand on her shoulder as he asked what's bothering him and if they could talked about it. He wouldn't understand but it's worth a shot Isla thought and took off her hands away from her face and she laid it on her stomach, like she was resting in a coffin or whatever. She sigh as she looked at the sky and into his face, "Ever got overwhelmed with something?" The young girl asked softly and her eyes went back to the sky as she spoke, "Cause I'm feeling it right now. It's hard to explain." She continued and sat up, looking at Eugene. Should she make it a big deal if her teacher is coming to the village this Sunday? the answer to her questions isn't always answered by just her, they have to be answered by someone else.

She put a smile again on her lips and stood up, grabbing Eugene's hand to make him stand up again. "Enough of this drama of mine, let's just get to flying, do you want to share a broom or should I get a broom out of the broom closet?" She exclaimed, Isla won't ruin a nice day for her and Eugene, they just met and he will think that she is a drama queen and she hope someone already got that title around this castle and she hope it's not her.

Eugene looked at Isla and wondered what could be troubling her.Maybe she was having a hard time dealing with the truth about magic.Eugene could only guess and he decided not to push her to talk."Yeah I have and the only way to deal with it is to distract yourself." he told her remembering how difficult it had been when his parents had gone missing.He had stopped eating for two days and passed out in the attic where he had been hiding.He couldn't deal with it at first but then when he saw his Nana being strong for him he realized that they had to keep each other strong.

When Isla smiled Eugene was reassured that she could handle whatever crisis she was dealing with.Sometimes muggle-borns were tougher than wizards assumed.Muggle life wasn't easy and it made muggle-born wizards more prepared for the ups and downs of life.He got up from the ground with Isla ."Nah,we can share.You should go first and I will stay down here to catch you if you fall."he said with a crooked smile and wink.He put the broom in position and said."Now mount it like a horse."he instructed keeping a firm hold on the broom.He hoped Isla wouldn't be one of those clutzy persons who couldn't stay on the broom for more than a few seconds.He didn't wan't her to get hurt when he was supposed to keep her safe.

Sorry for the lateness

OOCOut of Character:
Its okay
Once everything was settled and Eugene agreed to use one broom so he can look out for her, Isla's eyes was fixed from Eugene then went to the skirt she was wearing and back again towards Eugene as the handsome guy told her to mount the broom like a horse. Mounting a horse or a broom is easy when you're wearing jeans and she knew what will happened when someone wore a skirt while mounting either one of them. Blisters on your thigh. "I guess I can try sitting side ways after all." She said to Eugene, and hope her excuse is legit or he might get mad at her for wearing skirt, but then again, it's worth a shot.

Isla didn't waited for Eugene to speak and went to retrieve the broom on the ground, ten feet from them. The Ravenclaw tried to mount it sitting side ways but it was uneasy for her behind. Her feet though accidentally pushed herself making the thinks that she wants to go up. The broom shoot up and her grip slipped and her behind faced the grassy ground. Isla groaned softly, thanked god she didn't squeak or did she? who knows. "You didn't heard me squeak like a girl didn't you?" Isla called out, her tone was plain and then burst out giggling but her behind hurts like hell. She wasn't a clumsy red head but at times she gets accidents happened to her. Isla stood up brushing her behind to take off some of the grass, it might be icky but that's how Isla roll.

OOCOut of Character:
sorry this is horrible :unsure:
Eugene wondered why she wanted to sit sideways on the broom but he couldn't figure it out.It was probably something she wanted to try even though he told her it would be risky.He watched as she got the broom and then tried to sit on it sideways.He knew she would fall sooner or later.And it happened sooner when she accidentally kicked off the ground and fell on her bum.Eugene couldn't help himself and he burst out laughing but he got it under control once she was back on her feet."I think I did,but I promise your secret's safe with me" he told her as he grabbed the broom that was hovering in the air.

"Maybe I can give you a ride," he said mounting the broom and beckoning her to sit behind hin."That way you can sit sideways but you have to hold on tight or you'll be gone with the wind." he said winking and smiling as he waited for her to accept his offer.He wasn't sure if she would trust him enough to sit with him on a broom but Eugene was sure that the cleansweep would carry their weight.

She giggled as she confirmed that he didn't heard anything from her. Isla was really going to go home this holiday with bruises and stuff around her body and that wasn't her mom is expecting to her little girl. The little girl could feel her cheeks redden as Eugene asked her to ride with him, Isla could just sit normally on the broom but she was wearing a skirt and she was also wearing a thin shorts under her skirt. Thinking, if Eugene is in front of her, she could just hang on and sit side ways and also feel like a real witch. The thought of it made her smile absently but shook her head slightly and looked at Eugene. "Okay, fine. I trust you even though we just met. Anyways, you came running to me and you thought I have fallen off a broom." Isla told him with a smile. The Ravenclaw was always smiling now for some reason, maybe because of some people that care or it's just simply the company.

As Eugene mounted the broom, she became looked worried but instead, Isla took a deep breath and went behind Eugene. She took a sit side ways, making sure her skirt was not revealing her thin shorts beneath her skirts. "I think I'm ready but don't get too excited and zap us so fast." Isla reminded him jokily. She then wrapped her arms around his waist and slowly closed her eyes tightly because she don't want to see her death bed that early.

Eugene grinned as Isla said that she trusted him.He was glad that he had met her and become friends with her because she was so much fun.He hoped that she would be his friend for a long time.He laughed when she reminded him how he had freaked out."Fear not Lady Isla you are in safe hands or broom I guess" Eugene said in a fake knight-like voice.He kicked off from the ground but not too hard and they started flying forward at medium speed.The wind felt so good on Eugene's face that he closed his eyes just to enjoy the feel of the wind.When they reached to the level of the Quidditch hoops,Eugene leveled out the broom and then shot forward toward one end of the pitch,"Hang on tight Isla!" he said as he went at full speed.He was trying to give her the thrill of flying.

Isla opened her eyes again just to laugh at how Eugene used his knightly voice and called her lady. She reminded herself about her hometown again, Isla was used to be called lady by the towns folk even though it was modern age. They are royal blood but they came from the lowest rank which is 'Lord and Lady', her mother, though, even has dual citizenship and married to a laird doesn't have the title yet because either she isn't born in Scotland or you have to wait for the approval of the King (OOC: Let's just say Prince William and Katherine Dutchess of Cambridge are the King and Queen).

It was already a month since she was called lady and the last one who had called her that was her dad's friend, Officer Richard Dunst. The Officer was like an uncle to her and he loves her dearly. As she felt her feet getting off the ground, Isla closed her eyes tightly again, she felt the breeze on her face and her hair flap as they go up. One eye opened as she felt the broom stopped and sigh as she saw the hoops and the scenery, this made her relaxed and quite laid back her muscle. She could see the vast green mountains and the large black lake, the waves was still, calm.

"This wasn't so bad." Isla told Eugene but got shocked as he told her to hang on, her reflex wasn't that good as Eugene went full speed. Isla could have sworn that she almost grab Eugene with her as the wind took her but got a chance to hold onto to him again, "Eugene, I don't like this. Your too fast." Isla told Eugene as she bury her face at Eugene's back. Her grasp to him was deadly tight and she can't even think about anything but the speed and the air that was sweeping her hair.

Eugene smiled wickedly as Isla started freaking out and then she was holding on too tight and asking him to go slow.Eugene had a little mischievious streak that was always itching to give people scares but Isla seemed to be really scared now and Eugene didnt want to scare off his new friend,"Whoa Isla relax!" Eugene said as Isla's grip was actually starting to hurt.So he slowed the broom down to normal speed and glided down towards the grass and landed on his feet,grabbing Isla by the waist so she wouldn't stumble and fall.

"Umm...sorry for that...It's just that I haven't flown in a while so I got a bit carried away..." he said his hand patting down his ruffled hair as a sheepish grin appeared on his face."But I like your new hairdo...It looks more...wild!" Eugene said joking and then cracking up at Isla's wind blown hair.Eugene had no idea how girls managed such long hair without it getting all tangled up."You know,next time you've got to be prepared for a flying session,braid your hair and wear pants for comfort." Eugene had always been very perceptive of people and he could easily tell that Isla wasn't comfortable in her skirt and that was why she had insisted on sitting sideways.His Nana was the same and she was also the only one who could fool his eyes.

The poor young Ravenclaw was shaking in fear and by the time they got to the ground, her legs was numb and almost lost her balance but Eugene was there to save her. Once she can feel her legs better, Isla took off Eugene's hand around her waist and turned to look at the Hufflepuff with anger on her eyes. "Carried away?" Isla's accent was yet again back. She couldn't control the change of her voice and she was mad, not very mad but mad that she was a coward. Isla can take whatever land's her way but to much of it is overwhelming her that she can't take it.

"I almost died, Eugene Symthe." She told him calmly, Isla was not the type of friend that will just scream at her friend's face, no, she was considerate and calm. Though, her saying his full name corresponds as her anger to a person, basically, her friends. Isla crossed her arms in front of her chest as Eugene made a funny comment about her hair. Her head tilted slightly on the side as her friend crack up, oh, wow. Now I'm funny to drew the conversation away to my hair. Isla thought, her face was serious still, though, her eyes looked up like she can see her hair fully.

"Well, I didn't expect to go flying. Just staring in the clouds that's what I do on my free time." Isla said and sigh, how can see be mad at him like that? Isla can't even get mad at the ants that bites her, let alone Eugene who almost crack her skull open. "Though, you owe me for being carried away." She told him, Isla was still thinking if a date for the Halloween ball is a great idea but she could have ask Kaleb. Ice cream sounds good, though, that's too weak of a punishment. Hang up side down on a tree branch for thirty seconds is cruel and she doesn't like the idea as well.

A date with Margo will be cool but Isla doesn't know yet if Eugene and Margo will fancy each other. "If you have a fancy going fast you should have taken me down first but no, you told me to hold on and I did think we're going down." Isla exclaimed and looked Eugene in the eye. "For a punishment, you're going to buy me ice cream -unlimited- ice cream. That punishment isn't quite that bad unless a date with one of my lady friends is the baddest then I would have told you that." She was holding her chin like she was still thinking of a good yet comfortable punishment for Eugene, "I know!" Isla suddenly said. "You pick ... A date with me to the Halloween ball as friends, Ice cream run, hang up side down on a tree branch or a formal date with one of my gal friends?"

She continued , her lips was starting to form in a smile. The choices that was given to him by Isla wasn't that bad, if girls are icky for him, which to some guys are, then he wouldn't pick the dates. So, Isla was hoping he picks the ice cream run.

Eugene did his best to control his laughter and forced the grin off his face.Now Isla was mad and he didn't want to make her any angrier.She already looked slightly scary as she said his full name in that deadly clam way.It reminded him of something his mom used to do when she got angry at Eugene and he had been scared of his mother."Umm...I'm sorry ma'am,wont do it again,I promise." he said in a solemn voice like a kid promising his teacher not to misbehave again.

Eugene could see now how he must have terrified Isla since she was not used to flying on broomsticks so it must have been very frightening to go that fast.He didn't want her to be upset with him for too long though so he said,"Hmm...I could take you for Ice-cream...that wouldn't be so bad since I would get to eat some too...and the Halloween ball doesn't sound bad either...I agree to both those punishments!" he declared happily and hoping Isla would be satisfied.The two things didn't seem like punishments at all infact Eugene would love to spend more time with Isla and to get to know her better."But a date with your friend? That would depend on which friend it is and how scarily you plan the date.It wouldn't be so bad either but I suggest you save that punishment for sometime in the future." he told her thinking whom Isla might send him with.Eugene found all the girls he met to be pretty and interesting but he knew some girls were just too girly for his taste and he didn't like those types of girls because they made it hard to forget that they were 'girls' and not just 'friends'.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back