Twenty First of December

Sophia Stark

OOC First Name
Kaela
Sophia awoke early on the morning of her fifteenth birthday. She was not entirely thrilled for the occasion, but she had no reason to sleep in. Having gone to bed early the night before for lack of things to do she was no longer tired and did not wish to lay in bed.

Upon sitting up Sophia was quite surprised to see an owl outside her window with a package. Who would be sending something to me? For a moment she let herself think it might be from Bruin, but quickly squashed those hopes. Sophia opened the window and let the owl in, taking the package from it and setting it on her bedside table. It was long and thin and tied with green ribbon.

After getting a treat for the owl and sending it away Sophia closed her window and looked at the package. Well, nothing to do but open it. She opened it and was amazed to see a bouquet of flowers. And not just any flowers, Aconite, Asphodel, Belladonna, Hellebore, Monkshood, Sneezewort, Wolfsbane, and Daisies; all potions ingredients.

Sophia smiled for the first time since the Yule Ball and picked up the letter that accompanied the bouquet. Her name was written in a hand she did not recognize and she unfolded the letter, anxious to see who her gift was from.

Sophia,

You do not know me very well, but I know you.  I'm sure this sounds very odd and maybe stalker-like, but I promise it is not.  I simply wanted to wish you a happy birthday and hope you are doing well.

Happy Birthday Sophia.

There was no signature on the letter. Who is it from? Sophia frowned and looked out the window. The owl was still on her windowsill. Maybe the owl wants me to send a letter back. Sophia got up and went to her desk, quickly scrawling a reply on a new piece of parchment.
Greetings,

Thank you, whoever you are, for my gift.  You certainly must know me well to send me such beautiful potions ingredients for my birthday.  I only wish I knew who you were.

Sincerely,
Sophia

Sophia opened her window and sent her letter away with the owl. She frowned and sank onto her bed, trying to think of who might have sent her the mystery gift. Picking up the note she read it again, unable to help but think the handwriting looked familiar.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back