OOC First Name
Pheeb
Blood Status
Muggleborn
Relationship Status
Too Young to Care
Wand
Straight 15 Inch Flexible Aspen Wand with Basilisk Skin Core
Last year, Ewan hadn't really utilized the Owlery and for that he felt a little guilty. Granny Wang had been left in the dark, and over the summer he'd promised to write more often, even if it was only for a brief run down of what was going on in his life. As he made his way up to the tower, letter in hand, Ewan had more reason than normal to feel apprehensive about what was to come next. He'd expressed somewhat of a disinterest in magic while he'd been back home, helping his grandmother in the market as much as he could, glad for the break away from wand waving and stick riding. Having only been back to school for a month however, he felt as though the longer he were here at Hogwarts, the worse it was going to get. Why should he bother staying a school that would just be wasting his time?

Dear Halmoni,

I hope that you are keeping well and that your health remains strong. I need to tell you something important so please make sure you're sitting down comfortably before you read the rest of this letter.

I know you tell me to do my best while I am at school, even if it's a magical school, however I don't think this path is the one that is right for me. I speak to the other students and it only confirms my beliefs that being at Hogwarts is not going to help me in the future, nor will it help me help you. I would like to come home after the autumn break. I will return to school, but I will go to business classes that will allow me to help you with the stall. I know you want me to stay here, but I think our family needs to stick together now more than ever, so I will be dropping out in a few weeks.

Don't worry, I will work part time too as to earn my keep, and look after the house. Please don't be disappointed in me.

Love, Ewan

Ewan,

What are you thinking? Do you think I will let you come home and miss magic school? Did I tell you I needed help with the stall? You are no help to me if you come home now. With magic, one day you will be strong, and then you will take care of me. You think it is useless now because it does not make money. Ewan, let me tell you, there are things more important in life than money. Health, and spirit, and freedom. I will not let you sell that for paper. You are a special boy. Magic is in your blood.. Besides, if you come home now I will ground you for the rest of your life, and then you will be no good to anyone.

Ewan, you will only disappoint me if you go to business school. Don't worry about me. Your uncle helps sometimes with the stall. He is hopeless, he cannot even make tteokbokki, but he is funny and everybody loves him. When he is here, I cannot make the customers leave! See? Your halmoni is laughing. Everything cannot be too bad in the world.

Remember what I have told you.

Love, Halmoni

Users who are viewing this thread

Back