Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Seeing Somebody
Sexual Orientation
Straight
Wand
Straight 11 Inch Whippy Ebony Wand with Demiguise Hair Core
Talking to Allison at the ball had made some things clear to Augustus, but he still felt conflicted and a little bad about everything. He didn't like how Addison had yelled at him, and no matter what Allison had said, it felt to him like she was angry. But now that it had been a few days, he really missed her and knew he needed to talk to her. So he was looking for her, finally spotting her at the cliffs. Augustus hesitated before approaching, quietly moving closer. Then, he cleared his throat. "Addison?" He asked in a small voice, half expecting her to yell at him again.

Addison was feeling miserable. Why had she even gone? She hated feeling so insecure. She moved out to the cliffs, hoping some fresh air might make her feel better. It didn't, it just reminded her of when she'd given Augustus his journal. She sighed, sitting and pulling her knees up to her chest. She wasn't sure how long she sat there, but she was pulled from her thoughts by a soft voice she knew well. "Did you know its been scientifically proven humans don't predict their own future reactions very well?" She asked softly. "Unless you're a seer I suppose, but even then I imagine the prediction are open to interpretation."

Augustus frowned a little as he listened to Addison's question. Then he sat net to her, hugging his own knees to his chest, mimicking her pose. He didn't reply to her question, instead asking one of his own. "Did you know that you're my friend?" He asked her quietly. "And that you can tell me when you feel bad?" He glanced at her. "And... that I didn't know I was doing anything wrong?" He added quietly. If Addison had told her a little earlier that she had been upset, he could have acted differently. Now he just felt bad. "And... that I hope you're not angry with me anymore?" He added in a small voice.

Addison shut her eyes, sighing softly and leaning her head against his shoulder. "Did you know that you didn't do anything wrong?" She continued their line of questions. "Or that I was never mad... At you?" She bit her lip. "Did you know people- girls especially- can do dumb things if they're scared?" She glanced up at him. "Did you know you aren't the only one who's never had friends before? At least... Not real friends." She added quietly.

Augustus sighed softly. "I didn't." He said softly. "I didn't know those things." He said, shuffling a bit closer to her. "Addison, I'm sorry you were scared." He said quietly, trying to meet her gaze. "You're my friend, can we... stay friends?" He asked nervously. "And if I make you scared accidentally, can you tell me?" He asked her, gently touching her arm. "I don't want to fight."

Addison looked up, a small blush coloring her cheeks as she met his eyes. They really were the prettiest shade of blue. "Of course we can," She agreed softly, biting her lip and looking away again. "I... I will. I know Allison already told you..." She sighed, hugging her knees tighter to her chest. "I'm sorry," She apologized gently. "I shouldn't have... I just..." She sighed, leaning over and kissing his cheek gently before laying her head on his shoulder. "I'm sorry I'm so stupid sometimes," She mumbled, hiding her face.

Augustus nodded as she said she knew Allison had told him, he felt a bit better knowing that she was aware. He smiled at her a little. "It's okay." He said softly. "I'm sorry too for making you feel sad." He added. Addison kissed his cheek, and Augustus' eyes widened in surprise. He wasn't entirely sure how to react to that, but she didn't seem to be expecting any sort of reaction, as she put her head on his shoulder. He was trying to process all this when she said something else. "You're... not stupid." He whispered, staring straight ahead. "You're very intelligent."

Allison just shrugged, not really believing him. "I can act pretty stupid sometimes," She murmured, mostly to herself, before sighing. "I just... I guess I was just worried you were going to forget me," She admitted softly, hugging her knees to her chest. "Asher is always gone, we don't hear from him much. I miss him," She sighed again. "Casper is trying but he's always so scared, he hides away a lot. And Allison has Stanislaw, she doesn't need me. She hates that people confuse us so she's distanced herself from me a bit I think." She shook her head.

Augustus shook his head at Addison. "I think everyone acts stupid sometimes, even the smartest people." He said quietly. "But I could never forget you, you were my first friend." He admitted quietly. "The boys in my dormitory are nice, and some of them are my friends now too... but you were the first." He admitted. He listened as Addison talked about her family, frowning a bit. "I always thought it would be nice to have siblings... and cousins close to my age." He said, thinking of how often he had wished that "But I suppose it's not always nice." He admitted. Still, he sometimes thought he would prefer it to the twins, his older cousins who were always kind of hard on him.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back