Trying to see the dark street

Marcus Caine

Marcus was on a typical shopping trip with his mother, she gave him money to buy sweets and let him wonder around on his own until he had to meet her by the book shop. Today, however, Marcus decided to see what was down the big road every adult told him to stay away from.

The eight year old waited until his mother was properly out of site before making his way down the street, towards his destination. He knew there were dangers, he was fully aware he could be murdered down there but that was what made it so appealing to him.

Just as he was reaching the road leading off to bleak street he looked around to see no-one was watching him. At the point where he stopped looking where he was walking he slammed into someones' stomach and landed on his arse in the street.

Jay was walking out of the blackness Bleak street to the daylight of obsidian harbour. He looked over his sholder to check no one was following him as he did eveytime he left Bleak street.

He was about to turn back round again when someone bumped into him. He looked down at his feet to find Marcus on the floor.

"Hey, Marcus. Where's your mum?? She shouldn't be letting you run into Bleak Street all by yourself." Jay helped the boy back on to his feet then waited for an answer.

Marcus felt himself being pulled off the ground and he put on a sulky face. The one day he tries to sneak in, he gets thwarted by the nasty man. "I don't like you calling me Marcus." HE spoke in a stubborn childs voice. The boy really didn't like this man, his mummy seemed to dislike him a bit aswell which didn't help. "And I wont tell you where my mummy is, you'll just tell her where I was going."

"If you don't like being called Marcus then what can I call you??" Jay didn't struggle with Shaylh when she was younger but he always found other kids really stubborn and hard to work with. "If I promise I won't tell your mummy where you were going, then will you tell me??"

Marcus smirked a smirk the exact same as his mothers and sisters, he may be the white sheep of the family but he could still act like them. "You may call me Mr Caine or you will not speak o me at all." He spoke in a slightly evil voice as he said this before turning back to his whiney voice. "Why would I believe you? All adults lie, you're no different."

"You are so much like your mother do you realise that??" Jay stood so he was towering over Marcus. "have you ever heard of rspect your elders?? Because if you don't rspect me you'll find yourself being carried back to your mother and he being told exactly where you were."

Marcus looked up at the man with a look on his face that said are you kidding me? HE crossed his arms over his chest and smiled as sweetly as he could, which was pretty sweet.
"Actually, I'm more like Siddy and if you pick me up I will scream that you are trying to kiddnap me. Did I mention that I can fake cry so if you do manage to get me back to my mummy I'm sure she will not be happy."
Marcus continued to smile at the nasty man. "And F Y I, respect is something you earn, it isn't a right."

"I half agree with you there but seeing as you're an eight year old and I'm a thirty-two year old, somehow I think you'd better respect me." And with that Jay grabbed Marcus and started walking round searching for Tracy.

Marcus took a deep breath when the nasty man grabbed him and yelled as loudly as he could, attracting much attension. "Get off of me! Who are you? Where are you taking me? Get off me! Somebody please help me!" He tried to struggle, making look more and more like the man was kidnapping him. After a second, Marcus managed to get the fake tears to appear and preteneded to sob.

Teddy was walking through obsidian, he normally tried to stick to the muggle world when he could but sometimes it was nessessary to come back to his home and this was one of them. As he headed towards his desired shop he heard a commotion across the way. There was a small boy yelling for help as s man dragged him away.
Kevin walked over to the pair and stood in the other man's way, he was about two inches taller than the other man and quite strongly built, making him quite intimidating. "Would you mind explaining what is going onhere?"

Jay was about to look in th window of another shop when his way was blocked by a muscular man that he didn't know. "Who do you think you are asking my business??"

Marcus suppressed a grin when a really tall man stood in the nasty mans' way. "Please help me sir, this man saiod he knew my mummy then he grabbed me, I don't wanna..go w..with h...h..im." At the end of his sentance Marcus let the tears flow and started to sob. He tried to struggle aginst the man's grip again, but it was useless.

"Oh p-lease. Give me a break. That's so fake." Jay turned back to the other man and said "If you don't mind, I have someone to find." And with that Jay started walking round the man.

Kevin grabbed the man's arm and held tight, as his job included physical work he was pretty strong so it was unlikely that this stick of a man could get out of his grip. "I think it would be best if you let the boy go for the moment. I don't know which of you is being truthful but I believe in being safe rather than sorry." His voice was dangerously calm and stated clearly that it wasn't a request.

Tracy had finished her shopping early and went to the sweet shop to meet her son but he wasn't there. She waited for a while outside the book store where they were meant to meet but he didn't turn up there either. Just as she was getting worrie, Tracy heard some shouting around the corner.
The woman rushed to see what was happening and was shocked by what she saw. Her son was struggling to get out of Jay's grasp and a well built man seemed to be confronting the man. She hurried over to her son and her ex. "Does anyone want to explain to me why you are restraining my son?" She shouted, almost hysterically, at Jay.

Jay's reply to Tracy was "For your information, I think yu owe me a thank you. I just stopped your son from walking staight into Bleak Street." Jay let go of Marcus then turned to the other man and said "Do you mind??"

Marcus grinned through his pretend tears when his mummy turned up,though his face wavered as the bad man spoke. He ran to his mummy's leg and hugged it as soon as the bad man let go. "No I wasn't, I w..was just w..walking and the n..nasty mman grabbed me."

Kevin released the mans arm when he released the boy. "You might want to watch yourself in future. "He warned the man before turning to the lady and her son. "Are you alright?" He asked the young boy, hoping he wasn't overstepping his boundries.

"Apparently you've never told him that lying is something that you souldn't do." Jay gave the boy an evil glare ten looked back up to Tracy.

Tracy could tell when her son was lying and she saw right through him this time but she also found it funny that Jay was getting annoyed and that a grown man had come to help. "Maybe you should think about who a mother will believe before you make accusations like that about her son." She turned to the other man. "Thank you for your help." She spoke kindly. "Say thank you Marcus."

Marcus nodded at his mummy's request. "Thank you for helping me mr man." He smiled shyly at the man. Marcus could tell his mummy knew he was lying, she would have been more angry at the mean man if she actually believed the boy.

"So that's it. I've just saved your son from what could have been his end because of who you call 'my type' and I don't even get a thank you." Jay stared at the woman in the eyes to see if he could see any of the woman he married but there was nothing. Just the b&@*h se'd turned into.

Kevins' jaw tightened at the other man's attitude, even if what he was saying was true it was common sense that a mother always took their childs side. He smiled at the boy. "It's okay, Marcus was it? If you don't ,mind however, i do have some shopping to do so i will have to bid you farewell." He smiled at the boy and nodded politly at his mother before continuing on his way.

Tracy nodded at the man as he left before turning back to her ex-husband. "It is common sense that a mother will take her childs side. There's a lesson for you Rouge." She spoke his surname with disdain before putting her hand on her sons head and leading him away from Jay and back home.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back