OOC First Name
Katie
Blood Status
Muggleborn
Relationship Status
Widow
Wand
Beech Wand 14 1/4" Essence of Pixie Hair
Since Dietrich hadn't been in the house due to several away matches Marleigh found herself very bored. She hadn't really ever grasped the concept of quidditch which meant that she didn't have much in common with the boy she was now staying with, but merely sharing the roof over her head...which she was grateful for. Finally having enough of being cooped up Marleigh grabbed her guitar case and headed a little ways up the road to Brightstone Village. She was finding she rather liked living in New Zealand, but it was so much different than living in North Carolina.

Finding a nice shaded spot to sit, Marleigh took out her guitar along with her beat up notebook and a pen. She hadn't written a thing since she'd arrived nearly a week ago and to her that was a little disheartening. Marleigh strummed along and began to hum a tune, but the words weren't coming to her just yet.

Pulling the collars of his trenchcoat further up around his neck, Dar'uka strolled down the street, holding in his hands an almost empty bottle of butterbeer. Placing it to his mouth and tilting it up seventy-five degrees, Dar'uka drained the bottle of the rest of its beer. Looking around in the empty street, Dar'uka decided to do some magic, now that no one is watching (He didn't like to be watched while performing magic, even by other witches and wizards.)

Sliding out his wand, Dar'uka spun the bottle behind his back and sent it into the air, before gliding backwards with the grace of a ballerina, and stabbing his wand through the air, its tip slamming into the bottle forcefully. At that moment, everything seemed to be frozen in space, Dar'uka with the tip of his wand to the bottle.

"Evanesco."

Immediately, a void field formed around the bottle and swallowed it, vanishing it to nothing. Walking around the corner, Dar'uka arrived at an orchard filled with trees. Taking in the sight, he let out a rare smile. Suddenly, the sound of music - Guitars and the humming seemed to fill the air, as he walked towards the sound. Underneath a tree [I assumed that to be the shaded spot], he saw a girl, with a guitar in her arms and a notebook by her side.

Cocking his head to one side with curiousity, along with a curious smile, Dar'uka walked towards the girl.

"Hello. Its great to be out here on a nice day like this, isn't it?"

Marleigh kept right on playing, totally in her 'zone' and not paying attention to the world that surrounded her...that is until she looked up and saw a figure of an older male standing before her. "Oh gosh. Sorry, I didn't realize you were talking to me. I get a little wrapped up sometimes," she fumbled over her words nervously, as this was the first person she'd actually talked to other than her housemate and his best friend.

She wasn't sure how much of that he'd heard, but Marleigh hoped it hadn't been too much as it really wasn't much of a song, mostly just her playing around a little bit hoping to get inspired. "Oh goodness, where are my manners," she said in her thick southern accent as she stood up and held out her hand, "I'm Marleigh. Obviously not from around here as you can tell by the way I talk. And you are?"
<i></i>

"It is alright, I understand as it also happens to me sometimes."

Dar'uka said this in a gentle tone, letting out an even rarer warm smile as he looked on as Marleigh fumbled around with her words nervously with bemusedment. Apparently, this girl seems to be more cut off from the world than him.

Watching as she stood up and held out her hand, Dar'uka also awkwardly sent out his hand and gripped hers in a firm handshake. "I am Dar'uka. Nice to meet you, Marleigh." he said, smiling slightly as he let go of her hand.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back